“Leesons Residences”

Ranked #7 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Manila
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Leesons Residences”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I would never return to leesons residence, I was given a room on the 5th floor and no lift, the room was small, dirty, old furniture and in general a very dull spartan room, it is well worth it to find a nicer Hotel and pay a little bit more, the bathroom was about the size of a telephone box and the Hotel is situated on a busy corner and is very noisy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Zamboanga City, Philippines
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My booking was from October 26, 2013 – October 31, 2013, unfortunately I arrived with my daughter on October 27, 2013. This is supposed my 3rd time in Leesons, we went with the normal routine. The guard on duty made a call to find out which room we are to be assigned. After sometime, the guard ask me to fill the form and assign us to a room in the fourth floor. I was requesting for a room in the lower floor, as I saw indications that this rooms are available and my daughter is with me. This indications are:
1) Keys , remote controls for TV and aircon are in the assigned room cubicle .
2) Keys alone in the cubicle can mean that the guest is just out, but not the remote for tv and aircon.

However, the guard informed me that lower grounds are for lease annually and not for hotel guest. I filled the form and agreed just to accept the assigned room. Then, the phone rang and this is what I heard , “akala ko ayos na, na assigned ko na sila.” ( I thought it is already ok, I have already assigned room for them). They are now telling me that they have to transfer me to another hotel. By this , I told them that I wish to cancel the remaining booked days
I understand of Agoda’s no show policy, but do you treat a returning guest this way. If loyalty is not one of the values of LESSON RESIDENCES, I hope AGODA can show or teach them the value of LOYALTY. Lesson is honestly a valued budget hotel, but its character is intolerable. A little sensitivity to the guest , especially to a returning guest I believe would not hurt its profit. Add to this, I have not booked for one night, but 5 nights and my daughter is with me. I choice Leeson for I thought, I and my daughter will be safe here and suddenly, I will be transferred to another hotel, knowing there is available room.

I will leave it up to you to decide.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank RAZMON
LeesonsAdmin, Manager at Leesons Residences, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Ramonz!

We apologize for the unfortunate incident that happened to you recently in our hotel. It breaks our heart not being able to serve returning guests like you. However, please allow me to explain, if we did not receive notice that guest is still arriving after a no show on date of arrival, the hotel will release the reservation to accomodate other guests that are on waitling list, either to extend their stay or to check in on that date. Which is what happened to you. When you did not show up on your reserved date which is October 26, we released your reservation since we did not receive any call or email that you will be arriving the next day. If only we are informed of your next day arrival, we will be more than happy to retain your reservation and keep the room for you. October 27 is fully booked due to the holiday and long weekends.

Having said that, we will be more than happy to accomodate you again in future dates. Please coordinate with us so we can arrange reservation for your unconsumed nights. We hope this unfortunate incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Please drop me an email and I will personally make sure you have a comfortable stay with us.

Regards,
Karen

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Palawan Island, Philippines
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Arriving from the airport, I chose Leesons Residences as a stopover place just to pass the night and take the following morning flight to my destination out of Manila. Although I ended up staying 3 nights here due to some flight booking problems.

For the price I paid, it’s value for money. The taxi driver I hailed from the airport doesn’t exactly know the hotel but with the address, he was able to find it easy.

Location – is good as it’s in the center of the city, in Malate Manila, about 3 minutes walk (2 blocks away) from the main thoroughfare of Taft Avenue where the Light Rail Transit is passing by and all the jeepneys and buses too. Several restaurants, 711, minimarts, university, just few steps away. It’s a local neighborhood, so you get to observe Filipinos going about their daily life, working class neighborhood, lots of people going over the process of work applications overseas through the several overseas manpower agencies around the area. This is the real Manila.

Building – it’s a 4-storey white & blue building, with balconies in rooms.

Room – I got a room at the last floor. Now, if you have a problem climbing stairs, get a room on the lower floors, they don’t have an elevator. The room is a good size, spacious, there’s a kitchenette, a kettle for hot bev, a mini fridge, cable TV, cabinet, table & chair, a small mirror, all you need is there, although you cannot cook. Clean bathroom and warm shower separated by a curtain. There’s a balcony overlooking the city.

Staff – friendly and helpful, you can ask them to buy you coffee in sachet or cold drinks, sold also at the hotel downstairs. For safety, they have security personnel manning the reception.

Wifi available. No breakfast, but you can always take it from nearby eateries.

Value for money, recommended if you want to stay in Malate district.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms if you have problem with taking the stairs. Upper floor - lesser noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TheShoppelifter
dagupan
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went to Manila to fix some documents and came accross this budget hotel in Malate. Stayed for 3 nights and everything is fine. The rooms are clean, the toilet is clean as well. The staffs are very helpful and friendly. I will be staying in this hotel again when I came back to Manila.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank patrick s
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The location is in Malate, I have no idea or knowledge about what kind of neighborhood is around, but I would not walk around alone in the night. Taxi drivers seems to have a hard time finding the location, not sure if it is their way of doing business or if their are honest, but every can driver struggled getting there. The location is next to a very busy street, a lot of heavy traffic passes by and it's not very quiet in the daytime. The staff was polite and helpful! The quality of the room was nice, had all the facilities as expected, clean and good A/C! In overall a good place for backpackers and young people who just want to have a place to stay for the night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Actually we already planned to use our NO SHOW button that night...hehehe..because of some bad feedback...

but at almost 7pm, we called and reconfirmed our room, at 8pm we arrvd,

Location: not that bad, near everything, in morning = busy street bcoz its nearby schools and employment agencies, but at night..it will look like typical manila residential area, as its really attached in residential street.

room: wer not really expecting it....AT ALL, room is big,theres balcony (plus A for me..coz i smoke), clean and nice...bed is not like hotel type, theres compli shampoo,toothpaste,tooth brush..mini ref..etc...CR is not that big but not that small like [--] inn around manila...for Php 700? wer getting this kind of room?! oh yeah...ive been to many small Inn/motmot around the metro, but leesons, based on their rate..is really recommended...

Staff: SG was also their FO that night, check in was really quick, (just present all the things they need, vouchers, id) and Php 1000 for incidental deposit..

Value: thumbs up!!!!

theres no special decor to see in their room, dont expect big lobby, duvet from shang, dusit uniformed staff or any raffles kind services. if you are in limited budget and just want to value your money....then stay here..if not... then find and book to another inn or hotels nearby.xpend more.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank letsgobuknoy
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Booked online and got half price. Free wifi, 99 TV channels! Ha. Small bathroom is good. Got own kitchen with sink, kettle cups, fridge and free toothbrush etc. bed is comfy and aircon cold, but choose a room with quiet aircon. Staff ask to clean room every day or two. If you don't like steps then book specific level one! But I like steps :) only 10 minutes walk to quirino train station. 15 to 20 minutes walk to Robinson plaza. Friendly staff and security 25 hours. Very secure with double locks, security cameras and security bars on the outside balcony.

Room Tip: Check aircon noise. Choose quiet aircon rather than traffic noise... Choose level one if not like st...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends