“A touch of class”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cocina de Tita Moning - CLOSED

La Cocina de Tita Moning
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A touch of class”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friend and I had just been on a lovely walking tour of the Intramouros and the guide, Carlos recommended this place for lunch. Our expectations where surpassed! From the moment we arrived until we left we both felt like royalty. The building and furniture are exquisite, the food was sooooo delicious and the service was amazing. If your want to see a touch of historic Manila and feel thoroughly spoilt while doing it, then this is THE place for you too :)

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank DrDevina
monings_12, Owner at La Cocina de Tita Moning, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
The entire team at La Cocina de Tita Moning is honored to have been part of your experience of Old Manila. A million thanks for your kind words.
May all your journeys be blessed.
We hope to be able to welcome you again.

Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The flowery part in your Memory Lane.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The experience is still very clear in my memory, like it happened just yesterday. Objectively, I have the following to say:

1. Service - Everyone is so nice and they can be very personal. I mentioned that the dinner is a "surprise gift" for my boyfriend and indeed, it has been a pleasant surprise even for me. To top it all, they gave away a home-made cake for him to blow for no extra charge.

Also, the tour is really something. Its like a trip back to old Manila. I guess, the old things on display added to the "authenticity" of the stories.

2. Food - I must say that the food is very nice. But what made it special is the plates and the table-setting. Like dining with the dons and the donas of the Spanish era.

3. Overall - Other than the pricey meal, everything is great.

Haven't thank them since. So here's my thank you.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SetThirteen
monings_12, Owner at La Cocina de Tita Moning, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
The entire team at La Cocina de Tita Moning is honored to have been part of your special celebration. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to being able to welcome you again in the future.
Manila, Philippines
“House is explendid , service can be improved ( genuine?)”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have visited the place for 6 times in the span for 4 yrs i personally bring my friends here, business colleagues and family here. overtime the house is well kept/maintained kudos to those who keep this place splendid!

in my last 2 visits (Dec /Nov 2011) i realized that the food wasnt as fabolous as before though menu is the same.

Last dec 2011 my parents heard about this place both from my stories and the news overtime. So we decide to careflly plan an intimate/family dinner for their anniversary . everything went well they accommodated most of our request which is great despite its a peak season and we have 2 energetic kids running around.... as we were about to depart was disappointed on the lead staff (who helped us and hosted us the whole night w/c i initially thought was a "genuine" service) when my dad gave her a tip on the side and i overheard my dad saying to her "pasensya ka na dito" referrring to the modest tip he was handing over , my dad is almost 70 and the lead staff reverted to him saying " ok lang sir puede ng pagtyagaan" i felt so embarassed for my dad for the day we all planned so carefully for them only to be painfully embarrased at the end.

• Visited December 2011
11 Thank myla2009
monings_12, Owner at La Cocina de Tita Moning, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
We are deeply honored you and your family chose to spend a special evening with us. We apologize for having offended you or your family in any way, and for not not meeting your expectations. Kindly know that every member of the team strives everyday to deliver an unforgettable experience for our guests and we are grateful for your feedback to better ourselves . Thank you for giving us this opportunity.
Wollongong
“Like eating in a rich friends house”
Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

From the moment you enter you know this will be different.
In the back yard you are greeted with cool iced tea with lemon grass.
After pure dinner drinks you are invited on a tour of the house/mansion and get a real insight into 1900s Manila. This short tour is worth the price alone.

The table was set magnificently and you dine on the original antique cutlery and crockery.

The food itself is very generous and never ending. Tastes great too.

This is a real experience you will not forget. It's not the best meal in the world, nor the most beautiful or most anything. But all together it's special.

Must mention the staff. They gave amazing service and took real pride in their work. For around 50 bucks US it's expensive for Manila but still great value.

4 Thank Steven D
Manila, Philippines
“Nice atmosphere and good food!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice colonial style home of a late doctor. House tour is available on request great for couples or groups. Menu is family recipies using local Filipino ingredients.

Visited March 2012