“Good location, helpfull staff”
Review of Casa Bocobo Hotel

Casa Bocobo Hotel
Ranked #18 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Aarhus, Denmark
“Good location, helpfull staff”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

They dont have Laundry service which is only minus restaurant messed up my order a few times, but its All good!!.. I would normally give this hotel 4/5 but melbert the Security guy was sooo helpfull.. Hé helped with ideas for sightseeing + giving mé Info about manila.. This guy was so
Awesome..

Really safe hotel.. Will stay thère again!

// Kim

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kim_Raufort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm a regular customer in their restaurant at the hotel ground floor and I usually have my lunch break in Cafe BOcobo with my collegues. I found the food affordable and worth the penny, it is very well prepared and perfect in taste. actually, we almost taste all food in their menu list. Because of familiarity and well satisfied with their service. I told my assstant to include Casa Bocobo in our hotel list.We usually booked our guests, crews and collegues in well known hotels in Manila. But,because I'm satisfied and happy with this small hotel, I tried and booked our collegues coming from our regional offices. then, everything became a nightmare. My colleagues were humilated and treated as swindler. The story goes like this, we inquire and reserved 4 nights,the receptionist Ja, informed us that we need to deposit at least 1 night, and so we did. Day 1, feedback from my colleagues are all positive, Day 2, The hotel is calling our office telling that we must pay the 2nd night, ok, fine, I ll ask my assistant to request payment to our office. day 3, they keep calling asking for the payment, its beyond office hours already, told them the cash payment was with the guest already. when my colleagues arrive in the hotel, get inside the room and rest a while, after 30mins, the hotel phoned them asking after the payment, they informed the caller that they will go down and pay just give them time to rest a while, then after another 30 minutes, they called again following up the payment. Getting irritated, she went down and pay. Complaining about the issue, staff named Irish, sarcastically talked to her, almost shouting while explaining. I'm very much disappointed of this very poor service and lack of staff training in handling complaint. I could say I lost one of my favorite place to hang out with friends.

Room Tip: Needs Proper staff training and Tight hiring process of employees.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank LABarbs
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went to Manila for a week and booked Casa Bocobo after reading a number of reviews. I booked the room through their own website and I also paid for the pick up service. Upon arrival on Manila, I tried to find the pick up car, I went everywhere I could possible go on the airport. Finally, after 40 mins. walking around, I went to the little office they have for hotel pick up service. The woman on that office was extremely nice and helpful. She called the hotel from there to find put about the pick up service. I talked to the receptionist, who informed me that my reservation was not on their records and either the pick up service. I asked her to double checked it, she confirmed that we had no reservation, but she offered me to booked a room with them so I did it.
I had paid the room with my credit card on line and the charge on the credit card was done. In panic, I called the bank on my country and cancelled my credit card, since I was sure that I was being fooled by one of those internet companies.
We arranged a cab to get to the hotel and got there. When we got to the hotel reception, the receptionist told me that there were a mistake and that they had my booking from the on line system. Obviously I was infuriated, since I had already cancelled my credit card. On top of that, they denied that they have a pick up service, but I had paid for it on their website!!!!!!
The rooms are big, austere, and the partition wall between them is not a proper one, it ends on the window side, so there is an open gap of a few centimetres between room and room. If your neighbor watches TV, you too; if your neighbor has sex, you can also enjoy the sound experience.
The breakfast is very limited and full of men with 1, 2 or more prostitutes each.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank watios
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Good mid range value hotel Close to all facilities Only complaint restaurant closes too early 9pm is not exactly late night dining Stories I heard of Ermita false Hardly saw any "shady ladies" but wasnt looking too hard

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank pharolind
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice place and food is great. I want to stay in this place once I will be back in Manila.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dinus71
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a reasonable place to stay in the Ermita district of Manila and only about 10km from the International Airport. I would recommend only one or two nights until you are prepared to move onward. The neighborhood is safe, but it is indeed a bit less fortunate than most others. The staff is friendly, the rooms are small but suffice. I suggest getting the 'breakfast included' option.
Don't try to change money at any local banks, they won't accept you. The money changers are safe and fair and reasonable.

Room Tip: Chose two twins and put them together, no worries.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ericovrsea
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2012

found hotel to be very clean ,great to have free wi fi in room .buffet breakfast was good. the hotel staff was excellent, they were helpful whenever i had a question or request. the door was always opened for me whenever i walked in and out of the lobby, and any time i encountered a staff member i was greeted with a friendly smile and a hello specially bryan donato who help me fix my laptop, thank you very much . all in all i would stay there again .
Nightlife Tip: all night life in walking distance,but just be careful of your where about dont stop to talk to anyone on the streets,just head straight to where you are going too

Room Tip: room 300 is a good room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo