“Convenient location”
Review of Rothman Hotel

Rothman Hotel
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located in the heart of Malate, accessible to a mall, lots of restaurants, easy access to transport, friendly staff. And if you love to dance while on vacation this is the place to go! Ballroom every night- Monday to Saturday from 6pm to 1am! Affordable price and with good dance instructors waiting for you!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Liz421
Emmerich L, Manager at Rothman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us a good review. You are right, ballroom dancing every night except Sundays for only $10 consummable. I hope you enjoyed your night of dancing.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Good room, good aircon, good staff, well located, good price.
Plenty of smiles. Always trying to help.
Close to Robinsons.
Close to LA Cafe!
What more could I ask?
Have booked there again for next week.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank gilk9
Reviewed February 21, 2014

When we just arrive at the hotel Rommel & jr help us to take our luggage and great us with big SMILLE all the guys are amazing job keep it up. Second front desk do the same, break fast amazing crew, amazing service, ma'am DESS thanks a lot for accommodating us, HSKPG I was inspector more than 700 room in Honolulu, Hawaii before I lay down I check the bed, corner, drawers, tub, under the sink, toilet and toilet base, I was shack for amazing job who ever clean room great job.I send out my LDRY come back to me can't explain the words amazing service. I can't wait to come back agian to see all the amazing and excellent people @ ROTHMAN HOTEL thank you so much for having us at your hotel EXCELLENT JOB...

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dandrebfab
Emmerich L, Manager at Rothman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

In behalf of our staff, thank you for the compliments.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel in good location in malate on adreiatica st. 2 min walk to Robinson mall a lot of bars and convenient stores around.The staff are welcoming and friendly so don't hesitate to ask for anything anytime....the room was in good shape and size clean as well...the room got clean sheets,clean towels and safety box....they have wifi but not for free mine was free as part of the package I got and it's for one device ( either phone or laptop). The hotel restaurant is a bad experience I found a cockroach leg in my plate and from their reaction you can tell it's not the first time and they just offer to change the dish for me!!!! So yes for staying big no for dinning there.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ramsey_sa
Emmerich L, Manager at Rothman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for the good review on the room, the staff, the location and our amenities. I was shocked when I read about your dining experience so I investigated the incident myself. I am happy to say that it was not what you thought it was but was actually a shrimp leg. Rest assured that food safety and our guests' health is of utmost importance to us.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's still save in this area, and next to the Robinson Mall, where you get everything (food, internet, cinema, groceries). Rooms are ok as is the bathroom. WiFi is at an additional cost per hour (you have to buy a card at the lobby) and it is not always working. Try to avoid floor 3, because of the dancing noise on floor 2.

Room Tip: all rooms execpt floor 3
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank shams00
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel and first impressions being lasting I was not overwhelmed as I had to request assistance with my luggage from the taxi in a torrential downpour. Once motivated to action however they performed acceptably. Check in was relatively flawless. The special requests I made of high floor, smoking room etc. were quickly accomodated. The room was pretty spacious and had all I expected. Thehotel staff were professional, friendly and attentive to all needs. The housekeeping staff truly went above and beyond the call of duty in terms of meeting my request for extra service. The only things I was somewhat displeased with was being charged for my significant other's breakfast the next morning when it was clearly a double booking. Also when I requested an extra hour for check out due to transportation issues I was informed I'd get charged accordingly which in and of itself not being a major issue I felt was a bit mercenary and not in keeping with generally accepted customer service standards. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

Room Tip: Unless you are a solo traveler prepare to purchase breakfast for your companion.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angelescitypi
Emmerich L, Manager at Rothman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that our staff and room had met your expectations. I do apologize for the confusion regarding the breakfast. Please send me the details of your check-in and I will personally look into the breakfast issue. Any mistakes would be promptly credited back to you. I have sent you a private message, please reply via message center regarding the details of your check-in. As for the check-out time of 12 nn, we do allow a grace period of up to 12:45 PM at no charge. This depends largely on availability of rooms during check-out time. Please understand that because we have a check-in time of 2 PM, we do need the room back for general cleaning in preparation for the next guest.
Please do come back and we will try our best to accommodate your requests as best we can.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

the hotel is clean. room is cleaned everyday, helpful and honest staffs. can be a great venue for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and others. location is near robinson's manila. plenty of restaurants nearby.

clm