“Yuck - stale and hard as a rock...”
Review of Cupcakes by Sonja

Cupcakes by Sonja
Ranked #4 of 11 Dessert in Manila
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My partner and I have visited a couple of times, and the cupcakes have always been so-so, really nothing special. Today, we ordered a Cookie Monster and Berries and Cream. The Cookie Monster was bland, and the icing was nothing but powdered sugar and a blob of butter. The Berries and Cream was absolutely disgusting. The cake was obviously stale and refrigeration had made it as hard as a rock. I had to stab my fork aggressively into the cupcake just to get a piece. When we approached the staff at Sonja's, they claimed it was only hard because it was made with almond butter. When I asked if it had been baked today, they didn't answer the question, and instead repeated their almond butter defence. I asked again, and they said 'um, yes, it was baked today.' I didn't believe them, and I won't be rushing back.

2  Thank HongKongVeggie

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to the BGC and stumble upon this place . Their display is beautiful and ambience is inviting . We ordered different variety and we loved red velvet . The frosting for the lemon drop is bit sweet and sugary . Don't forget free wifi

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Whenever im in serendra, i never fail to drop by and grab a cupcake or 2 from sonja's. My favorite red velvet is always a perfect solution to my sweet craving. Try their other cupcakes too, they have a whole shelf to choose from. The store is small though thats what i dont like so if you plan to hangout its almost impossible as they only have several tables.

1  Thank Franz_pilates
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been hearing about Cupcakes by Sonja for years but never have I had the chance to try it since I've always contained my foodtrips around QC

But now, that I've tried some, I'm all praises for the texture and the taste of their amazing cupcakes!
There's not much to say! The flavours are fabulous!
Though the price is not exactly cheap, it still makes for a good guilty pleasure treat :D

AAAH Now I want another cupcake hihi

1  Thank paul360
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Every time I'm in Manila I always make sure to drop by Sonja's for the red velvet cupcake. This cup cake is one of the best I found so far. It's a bit pricey though but worth it. It is best not to refrigerate but if you plan to bring it somewhere, the shop can provide you a proper box that can fit in 6 pieces or more. Their chocolate varieties are also good but really needs to be refrigerated.

1  Thank avidflyer88