“Good seafood at reasonable prices”
Review of Zamboanga Restaurant - CLOSED

Zamboanga Restaurant
Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Coming to Zamboanga was a relief for me after a week-long diet of chicken and pork in Manila. I was recommended to the place by a local who described it as a great seafood joint that is accompanied by a cultural show.

The cultural show may not be the thing for everyone, but it does make the entire dining experience unique and incredibly native. I enjoyed myself, but you got to be a lover of art and culture to come here, failing which you may feel extremely bored staying through the entire hour of their dance routine.

1  Thank SporeArduino

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My tourist driver suggested this place for us, it was less than 5 minutes walk from my hotel.
The nightly stage performance starts at 8pm, it is recommended to reserve a table ahead so you get a good view
The food is quite average but the show is quite interesting

Reviewed January 27, 2014

First time to visit, great show!! Stayed for the entire performance (1 hour )! Performers did a great job, good fun. Food was a bit disappointing, Grilled shrimp came fried. Shrimp, Pansit Canton & Chop Suey were all oily with an odd taste. Mango juice & shake were good. Service was good & friendly; didn't mention about odd oil.

2  Thank Lem0ine
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Place is close to Robinson's Place Mall in Manila, traffic is awful and parking is a limited. Got a good deal from MEtrodeal and brought Japanese family members for their first time in Manila to experience the culture. The show was commendable and the Filipino food was way better than the other restaurant that offered a dinner and show combo in Intramuros but the ambience over there is way classier. It would have been a good experience if not for my daughter leaving her favorite stuff toy on her seat because she feel asleep. And having left it there, I thought they would have returned it to us when we asked about it. The thing is, the fluffy purple animal had Japanese money inside but we made it clear that we don't care about the amount being gone, only that the stuffed toy be returned to my sad little girl who would forever remember her trip to Manila as the time she lost her best friend. I guess they were too embarrassed to admit to anything, they even refused to reply to my messages. We sat close to the bar, and the seats were positioned as to no other customers can possibly have passed by there as it was closer to the staff room and dancers' entrance. I was embarrassed to explain to my Japanese family that in the Philippines , unattended things are hardly ever returned to their owners especially if there's cash involved. Something that never happens in Japan, I must say. Other than the trauma to my daughter, Zamboanga restaurant is a place to experience Philippine culture, even the not so nice ones.

2  Thank riona529
Reviewed September 13, 2013

To those who do not appreciate the talent and skills of the performers, I am deeply sorry for you. I have lived in the Philippines but have also seen countless performances of Filipinos worldwide and Zamboanga's cultural dancers are a troupe to be reckoned with.
My foreign guests who have many Filipino friends enjoyed the show tremendously. Food quality however could be improved. Yes one more time for Zamboanga restaurant. Promote it better.

2  Thank savvymgt