“Fantastic staff and great facilities in a cosy quiet location”

The Oasis Paco Park Hotel
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I recently stayed at the Paco Park hotel in Manila, and I was amazed by the high standard of the rooms, and the attitude of all the staff. I have stayed in many hotels in Manila, and although the staff are always friendly, the Paco Park staff were amazing. The rooms and facilities are of a high standard, and the room rates are very affordable considering the standard offered. The entertaintment area of the hotel is very welcoming, in particular the trpoical lanscaped pool, and cosy bar locations. I would also like to comment on the proffessionalism of the Hotel General Manager (David). David was always available for any assistance required and has a great knowlwedge of the Philippines, that was of great value to me when planning my tours. I will definately stay at this Hotel in the future, as I have now built up a good frienship with staff and guests. Highly reccommended Hotel. Cheers Mark.

1  Thank sherlita

Reviewed October 2, 2009

We booked their regular room and were put into a really cheap dingy room painted bright headache inducing yellow, with just cold water shower and really squeaky bed! It had one small window up high facing onto the street, very noisy apart from the fridge and rattly aircon this was not far off the cheap backpacker rooms i usually go for! The website showed quite a comfortable room with non-acid yellow walls $35 isnt a massive amount but i could have got a room like that for about $10. You expect something at least slightly similar to the website! We managed to move to a room much more comfortable not like the picture on the internet no windows at all but a definate improvement. Overall its not a bad hotel, nice pool, friendly staff and good restaurant/bar just the website pictures are very deceiving!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EclaireIreland
OasisParkManila, Administration at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2009

We value all inputs from our guest!

Thank you for choosing the Oasis Park Hotel during your stay in Manila. We understand your concerns about out standard rooms. We continuously improve and renovate our rooms and facilities to better serve the needs of our guests. Your comments will be taken in to consideration the next time we refurbish our rooms.

Our standard or economy room best fit the traveler on the go, and is a no-frills type of accommodation. The room does come with cable TV, a double bed, a mini fridge, free morning paper and breakfast. This is more than what you would typically get for that price. For couples, we recommend our Deluxe or the Superior rooms.

We will also be updating our gallery very soon as to better present our rooms, facilities and amenities for our guests.

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts about the Oasis Park Hotel.

For all your concerns, the Oasis Park Hotel is always working to make our guests’ stay more pleasant and budget friendly.

Please contact us directly if you wish to book prior to your outward journey.
Regards,

Oasis Park Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2009

Just spent 2 weeks at Paco Park Oasis Hotel and iot was great. Management & staff are fantastic and look after you like family. It is centrally located to everything, shopping, sightseeing (Paco Park - must see) and clubs & bars. Transport is so easy to get to go anywhere. Food is excellent and a FULL bar as well.

I was supposed to go to Angeles City for a week but didn't bother. No need as all laid on here. Do yourself a favor, stay here alone or withn your family. It has pool, etc for the kids AND THERE ARE FAMILIES STAYING HERE ALL THE TIME.

Thanks Dave, Bill and all your staff for a great stay.

As McArthur said, "I WILL RETURN"

1  Thank SilverFox1550
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel a few months back and forgot to post my review in tripadvisor. anyway, the hotel is just a quick walk to paco park which i appreciated. the park is really nice. the outer appreance of the hotel looks old and seems to be in need of a new paint job, but the inside was okay. the lobby was furnished and the front desk staff greeted my promptly. i stayed there for one night and chose the deluxe room which only cost around 2000+ pesos. the rooms had a bed, two armchairs, a cabinet, tv, a lamp, mini-refrigerator and an aircon. the aircon was old and I was a bit weary to operate it. the morning, got a free breakfast, newspaper and happy-to-serve kind of hotel staff to greet me in the morning.

all in all, i had a decent stay in the oasis park. although not exactly the place if you want to pamper yourself, this hotel is perfect if your on a tight budget and not looking for a whole lot of extra bells and whistles which usually cost a lot in 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank angel_jaen
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Hi for Manila my stay here was good, hotel was ok price P1400 a night, but DRINKS i WAS BEING CHARGED P96 for a beer in there bar and food was P900 for a meal for one where as ALL other hotels I stayed charged up to P200 for a good meal...... the pet mice running round were ok I liked them!!! but the rats near the pool was not nice, but what put me off this hotel was the 75year old men with there 17 year old local girls made me feel so sorry for them thinking how poor the country was and how gross these sick old perves were.......... so moved on to new hotel after my 3 days for $90 which was good me thought. breakfast was good there....... would I stay again mmmmmmmm maybe as Paco park looked nice across the road, street people were ok in this area and I felt safe, taxis drivers outside charge off the metre so paying P70 to much for a short trip anywhere. not many hosest taxi anywhere in manila.

1  Thank johnwayno
OasisParkManila, Admin at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

We value inputs from all our guests.

In answer to your comments we would like to clarify a few details about your stay.

A Php96 beer is quite reasonable compared to other Manila hotels and bars which charge 150 to 300 pesos for a bottle. As for your meal, you must have ordered Sizzling Steak, Lamb Chops or any of our other lamb dishes. These are Australian imported cuts and would have cost you well over P1200 elsewhere. At the Oasis Park Hotel Bar and Restaurant, we make sure our guests receive well-prepared and delicious meals, at affordable prices.

In more than a decade of service, we've had very few if any comments regarding mice or other vermin in the hotel. Any hotel, 5-Star or budget, based within a inner city will have to deal with vermin. The Oasis Park has in-house and contracted pest control services. Cleanliness and hygiene are one of our top priorities. If there has been a lapse on our part or our contractors rest assured we will look into this.

We also understand your opinions about some of our guests. Although we have a diverse list of clients (families, business travelers and solo travelers like yourself) who continuously stay at the Oasis Park Hotel, we always maintain an atmosphere of safety and propriety for all our guests and visitors.

For all your concerns, the Oasis Park Hotel is always working to make guest's stay more pleasant and budget friendly.

Please contact us directly if you wish to book prior to you outward journey.

Regards,

Oasis Park Hotel

Reviewed September 1, 2009

My stay was very pleasurable. The rates were reasonable and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank e2bicoke
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I have stayed at the park for many years. The staff and management go out of there way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and can arrange sightseeing, shopping and golf very easily. . The restaurant and bar are open 24 hrs a day.

If traveling alone you can always find someone to chat with over a cool beverage in the bar or poolside. The hotel is very convenient to shopping, US Embassy and nightlife.

The rooms and public areas are very adequate and comfortable. You will not be dissappointed with your stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business