“"A little touch of change"”

The Oasis Paco Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Manila, Philippines
“"A little touch of change"”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My experience as a guest here is totally changed my life and affects my own thoughts and personal character as a human being. I was being captive by their acceptance and love and show respect to all kind of people coming in and out. I certainly recommend this place to you to have a nice vacation in Manila. The rooms and the overall hotel location is very good and the area is beautiful, close to Paco park and kitchen and dinning service is fantastic as-well. Loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank R J C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Reasons to stay!

location is near Shopping malls and Rizal Park.

hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable. Me and my friend stayed in a deluxe room and it is spacious and has a relaxing ambiance.

the staffs are very accomodating, they always have a big smile, and they are always willing to help and provide what you need.

their restaurant, my kitchen by chef chris are totally the best, you should try their 'The Original'. They also served a scrumptious breakfast

the place is perfect for all and has a reasonable price.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Unknown00111
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very good value budget hotel in the center of Manila walking distance to many places. The rooms were comfortable enough and clean with minibar. Pool was OK, too, for a refreshing dip, and the restaurant was much better than I expected.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank DiverPaivi
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room however we got double booked. This happens not a worry. Apperently the hotel was fully booked so thay could not upgrade us. They had given us a room in a hitel near theirs. Instead of it being equal or better, the room was quite shabby. We decided to pay good money for our first two nights after 30+ hour travel and therefor were shocked in finding this (windowless) room and of remarkablw lesser value. The only compensation we got was one free breakfast of the two. The room we finally got on the second day was what we paid for. The receptionist on checking in was hospitable, concerned for us and very helpful. The receptionists in the day time did not seem to care about service at all just in doing the bare minimum with a fake smile.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NB1414
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I booked oasis park hotel for a trip in manila. 3 of us got a big room. big bathroom. It had a big space in the room. Hotel made me happy. But I had a bad experience with taxi stand in front of the hotel. Not open meter and me over.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank suwanna56
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,318 helpful votes
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We booked a deluxe room via Asia Travel at around 2000php per night not including breakfast. We decided to book this hotel for only 1 night only In between flights. At that price the hotel offers great value as a budget hotel. At check in one is provided with 2 drink vouchers you can use at the hotel bar.

Our room was large located on the third floor and a lot better than I expected. Furnishings were adequate and we had a queen sized bed. Sufficient toiletries were provided. Swimming pool looks inviting but we didn't have the opportunity to use it. There are no lifts for those with any mobility issues.

Area around hotel isn't great but you are quite close by taxi to Robinsons and Intramuros.

I agree with the prior reviewer regarding taxis outside the hotel. Security actually encourages non-meter use by the taxis. Security told us it will be 100php fixed price to go to Robinson's on behalf of the taxi driver. Insist on the taxis using the meter and don't tip them for their attempted overcharging. At most hotels I've stayed security actually protects the customer and actually insist that the driver put on the meter. Hopefully the hotel will take appropriate action.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for budget travellers and better rates can be obtained booking via Asia Travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tommomelbourne
Mindanao, Philippines
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is about as good an experiment on the impact of good and bad management and ownership as it is possible to have. Asian Institute of Management should use it for a case study. Just before the outbreak of WWII in the Philippines a Swiss citizen named Emil Landert came to the Philippines. Since Switzerland was neutral. Landert was not interred as were most foreigners. After the war, Landert built Swiss Inn near the U.S. Embassy (if I remember correctly). He then moved to Paco Park and started New Swiss Inn. I stayed there many times: good value for money, privacy and discretion. Also good food.

After Landert's death, the hotel must have been divided in two with a high wall between them: one half became Oasis Hotel and the Other Half became Garden Plaza Hotel. the restaurant at the Garden Plaza became the Old Swiss Inn and a new restaurant was made in the Oasis, My Kitchen by Chef Chris. The Oasis is an very good hotel (#12 out of 98 hotels in Manila); the Garden Plaza is a horror (#74 out of 98). The Oasis has preserved its beautiful woodwork and Vigan tiles; the Garden Plaza is a dump.

Two cautions about staying at the Oasis Hotel:

1. Most taxis do not know the hotel or even Paco Park. Be prepared to call the hotel and have one of the staff give directions or to stop and ask alot.

2. We found the taxis that wait outside the hotel VERY expensive - refusing to use their meters. Since this is systematic and since there is a doorman, I cannot help wondering if they are in cahoots

I would reserved through Agoda. The rates quoted by hotel staff over the phone are much higher..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple