“Just nice...”

Book In Advance
More Info
$69.94*
and up
Manila and Makati Tour: American Cemetery, Intramuros and Manila Ocean Park...
Ranked #12 of 136 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From a spectacular marine themed park, Manila Ocean Park has finally evolved into Metro's Holiday Destination where everything is all about Life and Living.An array of exciting attractions, enticing view of the bay, enriching marine life exhibits, entertaining dining and lifestyle shapes to mold into an integrated resort destination. Manila Ocean Park is proud to have a marine-themed park in the country that houses Life of the best of both under and over the sea!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Just nice...”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

It's my 2nd time in MOP and 1st time of hubby, so I was actually excited for him. We got vouchers thru Metrodeal and all is okay. We arrive here at around 9:30am. It's a bit early but better this than stroll along with a large group of loud students on their field trip.

On our voucher, we had oceanarium, fish spa, dry encounter with sting ray, and a liquid buffet. At the ticketing counter, there's a separate line to redeem vouchers purchased online so we were first in that line. However, come 10am the counter for regular tickets was opened and yet the counter for vouchers doesn't even have a personnel yet. I'm hoping all or both counters are ready the moment they open the gates at 10am as the line for vouchers start to pick up. Good thing there's one customer constantly asking a staff when our counter will start as I was about to do it myself. All they said is that they're still getting the tickets inside. They could have done this earlier! Finally, they opened the counter after 10 or 15minutes past 10am.

Oceanarium is still cool. Several thousands of different kinds of fishes are housed in aquariums that I can't tell if it was clean or not. Upstairs, we had a good time in fish spa. There are 2 square pools here. The water is a ruler deep with several hundreds of small fishes in it. It's very ticklish at first but it became tolerable a few minutes after. It's sort of a foot spa wherein they eat away the dead skin of your feet. The staff said it's only for 10minutes but since there's just us and another couple on the other side of the pool, I guess they didn't stop us by extending our time there.

Trails to antarctica was not included in the package but I want hubby to experience "The ice". So we paid a separate entrance fee at quick mix canteen (near fish spa). I told hubby that the last time I went inside 'the ice' I had experienced frost bite which went away after a few hours, however, it's still a not so good feeling wherein I felt itchy all over and my skin was a pinkish-red hue. So we went inside, stayed for a good 5minutes and asked the staff to take a few pictures of us using their camera and we exited the icy cold room. Our pictures were great and we paid for 3good shots of us sitting at the bench with a couple of snowman.

There was a slight rain outside so the outdoor dry encounter with sting ray was postponed and we had to dine at liquid buffet. It was close to noon when we entered the place. Hubby has great expectation specially when it comes to buffet, but that expectation was not met. It was a bit dim and damp here and the food is not so great. It's like a very simple catering at a school canteen. I can't appreciate the interior design if there is one. The walls are concrete, designed to look like the stone inside a waterfall. But I may be wrong. Still, this isn't a good experience at all. Better eat at any available restaurant upstairs than this. We finished eating at around 1pm and we were told the dry encounter with sting ray will resume at 1:30pm. However, we just went home as we're too tired already.

Overall, the attraction is nice. Slightly entertaining but not much to talk about. I hope they improve their services. I hope the moment they say they open at 10am, I hope the staff is ready to accomodate customers with no delay. 3 stars. That's it.

13 Thank Gracemari A

117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Funny for Kids”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

If you have kids it's funny & much entertainment but for entrance 20 USD is too much. There is a sea lion, penguin & bird show. But it's all not so special. Sorry

1 Thank Perspective B
Elmhurst
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Not bad but a little pricey.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Kids love this attraction but when you go in a big group like we did, the costs start soaring quickly. The shows and exhibits are cool. Nothing compared to Seaworld but definitely unique for this part of the world.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jon K
Pasig City
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“It was a terrible experience!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It was our first time to visit MOP and based on the pictures that we are seeing on their website and based on MOP advertisement my expectation was a world class... it's not !!! Their restroom are dirty ... Very crowded ... The glass holding the fish aren't clear and it's dirty , also the frame that holding all the aquarium are torn. Their staff are not accommodating and not friendly ... If they're telling instructions to the visitors they keep on shouting ... they have poor customer service... most especialy the guy or "gay" I should say at the Birds of Prey and the guys at the Penguin talk show and even the guy at the reception area .... Grrrrrrrr

And looks like their AC are not working ... It's really HOT

I'm not expecting this... I spent a lot of money for this ? OMG

I will not ever ever ever ever again visit Manila Ocean Park ... It was a bad experience .

Visited November 2013
9 Thank Paxianoel
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not impressed”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Visited this place for my 2nd day in Manila thinking it will entice me spending my half of my day there. First the people on the front is not helpful regarding what to do first, i got a printout from living social deals and showed it and they direct me to the wrong place. i believe they are more busy flirting with each other than welcoming the patrons. Secondly there is no map which other places i go gave it automatically when you get your ticket. It is a chaos esp there's a field trip of kids and no guidelines that the other patrons can enter without lining up with the group tour. in short it is totally dis- organize where can you see roaming the park and in the middle you need to pass by the vendors ,you got no choice but to pass those vendors selling their stuffs of pass by the restaurant before you can go and visit the other attraction. The only thing that makes it worth it that day is the Bird show as well the sea lions show..they stoled my heart.For the management you better improve this place and do in service to your staffs to welcome the patrons.

Visited November 2013