“Far Too Expensive”

Book In Advance
More Info
$69.94*
and up
Manila and Makati Tour: American Cemetery, Intramuros and Manila Ocean Park...
Ranked #10 of 145 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From a spectacular marine themed park, Manila Ocean Park has finally evolved into Metro's Holiday Destination where everything is all about Life and Living.An array of exciting attractions, enticing view of the bay, enriching marine life exhibits, entertaining dining and lifestyle shapes to mold into an integrated resort destination. Manila Ocean Park is proud to have a marine-themed park in the country that houses Life of the best of both under and over the sea!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This attraction is not worth the cost of entry. As in most tourist attractions, its just far too expensive. The displays where average and in some cases not well cared for. Would not reccommend this given the cost and difficulty in getting into the location. Avoid It for your own good!!

6  Thank chasfromcanada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"field trip"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went there 2 years ago with my college friends, that was September 2009.

You will see different kind of sea creatures on different set up. First is the usual small aquarium set up, then you will go to sea planetarium, then the tunnel, and then exit.
At the tunnel, there are the mermaid shows, its nice. The only thing that disappointed me is that I found it short most especially when we found out that the next stop is exit. I am not that satisfied with its shortness because I was expecting that that is the middle of our tour. Anyways, we just tried to appreciate that. But I heard that there was a lot of improvements undertaking already there is already jellyfish and other activities.

Upon exit it will lead you to fish spa, then to their restaurants. There are lots of restaurants there, the most famous on them is the kamansutra restaurant they cater asian foods in different stalls. Stall for singapore, malaysia, thailand, and other countries in asia. This is really amazing because you will got a chance to eat different kinds of foods in asia in just one stop.

It is also good that Manila Ocean Park is near SM Mall of Asia, Star City, and other attraction in Pasay.

2  Thank tet2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had a wonderful time at Manila Ocean Park even though we only went to two attractions... the Oceanarium and their wonderful Fish Spa.

The Oceanarium was at first, not as nice as I expected it to be. However, as we passed through the inner part of the Oceanarium, things got better and better. I got to touch the fins of baby sharks... and realized later that we were not allowed to do so. My boyfriend was fascinated with the poisonous species and I was just happy looking at the colors of all the fishes. The cost of the promo ticket price @ PhP280.00 was well-spent but honestly, I don't actually think of going back anymore.

The Fish Spa is a different matter. We just had to try this since so many people have blogged about this and gave positive reviews. I agree with them. Go during lunchtime if you need to visit the park on a weekend and avoid the crowds. There will be more doctor fish to crowd your feet. At first, it was LOL ticklish, but you get used to it. The cost of the ticket is PhP120 for 20 minutes. But if you get their promo package, you only get to stay for 10 minutes. Honestly, after 20 minutes of my feet being nibbled, I wanted more! Alas, we had to go and get some lunch.

All in all, it was a mini adventure. :) I want to go back to the Fish Spa! :)

4  Thank Naty833
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at Hotel H2o in Manila Ocean Park for 2 weeks. I had no problem with it but I did feel a little mislead about what this place is. Given the name and the photos, it seems like some kind of theme park online, but it is not. The other reviews are correct; it is a mall that has an oceanarium. The tour of the oceanarium lasts maybe 45 minutes to 1 hour. It wasn't as big as I originally anticipated, but was still worth the visit. The "tunnel" was definitely the best part. I'm sure there are bigger oceanariums in other countries, but still, there's nothing like this in the area I am from.

10  Thank RodMatch
See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Other reviews were right...it was a good tour to take for a toddler to enjoy seeing the fish. However, we went on a summer Sunday, probably the worst day of the week, it was crowded. We battled humidity, crowds, and darkness/bumping into mirrors in the Jellies and the aquarium areas.
We bought tickets outside, and were convinced to buy the package to include the 150 pesos Sea Lion show. Right behind the ticket booth is the Sea Lion stage and theatre. We did not know this theatre had only tarpaulin(or sackcloth?) rolled down to provide shade. We did not learn till showtime (we chose the 2pm showtime, as we arrived at 1)that only the three seating areas at the center had such shade set up. As such, people ran out of shaded seating, and ended up standing in front of the seated, shaded folks. The shaded folks began yelling "nagbayad rin kami" (we also paid). Even with the shade, it was extremely hot. My parents, senior citizens, scolded the staff, who still somehow were not authorized to roll down the other tarps, and did nothing to assist people who were standing. We did see them selling bottled water! Apparently they do not roll everything down to cover people for the 2pm show because they had a fireworks show later in the evening. ??????
Their response to us was to wait for the 4pm show when hopefully it would get cooler!
Really, we should have gotten our money back.

A few minutes after the show began, my toddler's cheeks reddened we decided to leave the area. I remembered from other reviews that the Sea Lions' habitat was actually usually empty as people don't see it; it is opposite the stage. So we left and looked at the habitat instead. Looking at the seals' eyes was sad---they looked unnatural, unhappy(or perhaps we were projecting our own feelings at their state of living). No really, look at their eyes...they look dazed. A guest was making one seal go around in circles as she waved her round fan in circles on the glass. Crazy. Sad.

The layout of the attractions is a bit strange...we didn't even know where to go, actually. To get upstairs to the MakanMakan Asian restaurant, the closest and most obvious way for us was the lift at the H2O hotel which is right by the entrance and right next to the restaurant. The guards here may or may not let people enter, as it is supposed to be for hotel guests. However, we were let up the first time, denied entry going down, and then easily allowed to go down when we were upstairs again and the guard was different. The family behind us was denied.

Regarding the Makan Makan restaurant, my sister refused at first, saying others had told her the food wasn't good. But we were rushing and it was airconditioned, versus North Park downstairs. The food was good---depending on what you order. I had a Teh Tarik fiasco though. It never came, we cancelled it, it still showed up on the bill, the waiter said they ran out, so they removed it from the bill, then the drink showed up, ice melted, with the original waiter saying yes they ran out but he 'found a way'... I still took it. It was...so not teh tarik. maybe some condensed milk, water...

We are locals and did not expect much, collectively having been to Sea World Florida, Sea World Indonesia, Underwater World in Singapore, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Considering this, it was still alright, for just ONCE, and just maybe an hour (we spent two, as we had lunch), and just for the kids. Just make sure to skip the sea lion show, especially at 2pm on a hot and sunny day. The folks over there don't seem to know about the 11am-3pm UV rays and you pay to get tortured. Go instead to their habitat, and go downstairs (few people notice this too), to see them swimming underwater. We are torn---it's good to educate the kids, but then the animals are in a sorry state. Almost like in Manila Zoo, where as a child it helped me learn, but I felt sorry for the animals.
The 'rainforesty effect' in the entrance was authentic--we were HOT. Not only that, we had to climb up and down steep steps...as we entered an elderly man in a wheelchair was going back out the entrance. The place is soooo not accessible. My senior parents climbed up and down with difficulty. The final exit involves another climb. Consider this when visiting with children, senior citizens, persons in wheelchairs, etc.

At least the "man-girl" (my toddler's words, accurate) mermaid was delightful.

My advice, skip the sea lion show, see them in their habitat instead. Go on a Monday morning. You will go through Manila traffic, but the park will be empty. Sundays the traffic is light, but you could suffer the crowds. Call to check if school field trips are scheduled when you go, otherwise there'll be too many kids

And hopefully the management hears about that sea lion show sun and shade issue and does something about it.

9  Thank Ginger_TravelEd