“Authentic Cajun Grub”

Ranked #469 of 983 Restaurants in Manila
Manila, Philippines
“Authentic Cajun Grub”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The little lady and I had passed this restaurant a hundred times and finally decided to stop in for a late lunch. I am glad we did.

We were seated in the back where we choose to sit (under a fan). The male server was very helpful and I apologize for forgetting his name. Nevertheless, the restaurant had just switched from bread to cornbread. The waiter brought out two complimentary slices. To their credit, the cornbread was excellent and a tad sweet as southern style cornbread is wont to be.

The wife had never had jambalaya thus I encouraged her to try it. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. Both arrived in a very timely fashion.

I immediately stole a spoonful of her jambalaya to test it. To my delight, it was cooked to perfection. The rice was neither under or overcooked. The sausage, shrimp and spices were absolutely delicious. The dish presented well (see photos). My pulled pork sandwich was also excellent. It wasn't dry as Po boys typically are. As I don't care for cabbage, I simply slipped the coleslaw off the bread and chowed down. Perfect!

The décor is nice, the place was quiet at 2 pm., but it was a tad warm inside. Air-conditioning would enhance the experience. The full bar offered everything under the sun. I've been by there in the early evening and the place draws a nice ex-pat crowd for drinks.

We'll definitely return again and give the bottomless margaritas a try. We found the prices to be very fair given the quality of the food. It might be on the high end for some low wage earners, however.

I'd say give it a try if you're looking for a taste of New Orleans food. As far as I am concerned based on the location, service and the food, you can't go wrong.

Oh, and there is a TV playing sports in the event you're concerned you'll miss a game.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Scott M

Luzon, Philippines
“New Orleans Restaurant, Bonifacio High Street”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Thursday early evening, the weather was pleasantly cool and the crowd was relatively light with diners just starting to trickle into the restaurants along High Street in Fort Bonifacio. So choosing a restaurant at that time to enjoy a drink and dinner was not difficult. We decided on Cajun cooking for dinner and of course, where else but New Orleans. But as it turned out, it was not meant to be. Our first choice in the menu was not available, then it took a while for our drinks to be served and it took much effort to call the service crew’s attention for our order. Service was an extremely rare commodity that evening so much so that my guest has to ran to the counter to get our second round of drinks. Not a good night at all, perhaps we will have better luck next time.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank OWSI
Austin, Texas
“Great food and drinks”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had dinner here on our last night in Manila. The food was so good - ribs, chicken and steaks. The raspberry margarita was also a very good choice. Yum! The wait staff took very good care of us. Highly recommend you try this restaurant. The New Orleans restaurant is located inside the Resorts World Manila.

Visited February 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Manhattans”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

New Orleans restauraunt is located in Resort World next to the Marriott Manila and the casino. I stopped by for a nice lunch and ordered and Manhattan made with Chivas Regal for only about $3 US dollars and the Sunday's Chicken and Mushroom Pot for about $4 US dollars. It was an excellent meal and I would definitely return. Some colleagues also ordered the BBQ ribs and said their meal was equally delicious.

Visited March 2013
“Fun street side cafe”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stopped by for a recovery Bloody Mary and appetizer and was quite impressed.

Great Bloody Mary which is tough to get in Manila. The standard is spicy so make sure to ask for a toned down version if you can't take the heat.

Had the steak tip appetizer. Quite tasty beef sautéed with garlic.

Great decor and friendly staff.