“Fresh take on traditional Filipino fare”
Review of Chef Laudico Bistro Filipino - CLOSED

Chef Laudico Bistro Filipino
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Laguna
“Fresh take on traditional Filipino fare”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of trying out dinner just tonight. We had the Soup Sampler, Adobo Duck and Crispy Pork (can't remember the dish name), Kare-kare and the Frozen Brazo de Mercedes.

The ambience of the place was relaxed but solemn. They had this translucent handcrafted curtain that separated the center dining area from the couches. The place was decorated in earth tones. The comfort rooms, had an ethnic vibe to it and was well-maintained.

The maitre d' (or so I assumed him to be one as he was sporting a different attire from the rest) was very helpful and friendly. We settled on our orders fairly quickly because of his knowledge and help.

The soups were: Adobo Mushroom, Molo, and Nilaga Corn Chowder. The adobo soup was absolutely amazing. The nilaga was delicious. However, the molo was something that left me dissatisfied as it failed to capture the traditional molo feel and taste.

The Adobo dish was superb! Melt in your mouth duck confit, crispy pork skin, succulent pork adobo topped the adobong kangkong, which in turn rested on sticky rice adobo. The varying textures and flavors was a journey of several types and styles of adobo that blended together perfectly.

The Kare-kare was delicious as well. However, my wife ordered the dish for the sauce, bagoong and the vegetables. She was disappointed in that regard. It was still a meat dish with a dash of peanut sauce and some vegetables reminiscent of a steak dish with veggie sides. A fresh approach that I am sure anybody else would be pleased with.

My wife still went home with a happy tummy though as we shared both dishes and rounded off the experience with a frozen brazo. The dish consisted of a cake base under what seemed to me was ice cream/merengue, and covered by flambéed cream. At the sides were deliciously decadent custard.

All together, a great dining experience. Hopefully one my wife and I will try again soon.

Kudos to the chef and his wife who sat across us the entire night, smiling at the customers and entertaining those bold enough to approach.

• Visited February 2013

Golden, Colorado
“deconstructed Filipino cuisine as we know it but it's brilliant!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We knew Chef Lau and Jac way back in college but this is our first time to visit their place. Quite a few of us in the group now live abroad so we're curious about the happening places about town. We did a family-style thing and ordered several dishes and shared them. We had the Wagyu tapsilog (yummy!), Tinolang manok (the chicken and the vegetables were served separately from the soup), squid relleno with crab fat, pancit palabok, pizzas and to top if off we wanted the Bicho-bicho balls stuffed with yema but they were sold out...disappointing, so we ordered the frozen brazo de mercedes and the molten chocolate cake. But these ones didn't disappoint so nothing lost but I hope to try the yema balls the next time we're home. We looked at the truffles list and they looked interesting and wanted to order but with all the catching up we had to to do we forgot to even ask about them. One more thing not to forget for the next time. We had a great time here, with the conversation and the creative Filipino cuisine that we had, even my hubby who's American loves it (he's Filipinized by now).

Philippines
“Kudos to the Chef”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Kudos to the Chef and his line of cooks. My family and I had a delicious and memorable luncheon gathering recently. We are a nationalistic brood and love Filipino food and Asian fusion cuisine. Chef Laudico's lumpiang ubod with a twist, reminds me of my Mama's fresh lumpia. My kids had no difficulty in choosing their favorite comfort food..Adobo...but hey it was uniquely cooked. As I mentioned earlier, everything that Chef Laudico cooks has a particular unique ingredient in it.
Will surely recommend to my relatives and friends.

• Visited February 2013
Manila, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Galloping Gourmet Experience”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm part of a galloping gourmet group in Manila. We try a different restaurant every month. It was my turn to host so I selected Chef Laudico's Bistro Filipino. It was lovely. We all availed of the 8 course degustation! It was the perfect way to sample the extensive menu. My favorite dishes were the Coco Loco - Coconut encrusted Tilapia and for dessert the Molten Chocolate Cake. I would come back just for the cake!

A number of my guests said during dinner that this was by far the best "filipino" food they'd ever eaten. Bravo, Chef Laudico for putting a lovely twist on Filipino cuisine.

Taguig City, Philippines
“So goooood”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Had lunch yesterday at this Filipino restaurant and it was so different from the usual Filipino restaurants I have been to, the taste of the food is so good you want to taste all of what they offer in the menu. For starter I chose salpicao, lumpia (in a cone with shrimp and the vinegar was frozen in ice) and gambas, these are bite sizes and each one was so delicious, so so good that I wanted to order more but I still have so many to take in. For soup, I ordered the adobo mushroom. I am not a soup person but this one was so creamy and delicious. For my main dish i chose kaldereta, it didnt disappoint. It was not the usual served in a stew, the presentation had a wow factor, it was served in a triangle plate, the sauce was in each of the 3 corners and the meat was on top of a baked camote with carrots and bell pepper as veggies. I usually do not finish my rice but I didnt even notice that I did because the kaldereta was very good. At this point I am so full already but there's dessert, good thing it was in small portions so I chose the trio of chocolate cake, suman and halo halo (in a shot glass). My husband ordered for main the seafood mix and for dessert, the choco mousse which was awesome. My friend ordered the salad with 3 mangoes (dried, fresh and green) and the kare kare and the merengue. We were all in unison that we will go back because we really enjoyed our food. Our bill each person came up to $20.00. Cost is similar to other restaurants. Not bad at all