“Tempura Grill in Banaue”
Review of tempura grill

tempura grill
Ranked #826 of 1,130 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I believe this is a sister company of Teriyaki Boy since they serve the best california maki, tempura, kani salad and noodles. However store was quite busy.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

We went to Alabang Town Center, someone suggested a Japanese resto but 2 of us with bad experiences vetoed it. Ironic it is, we ended up in Tempura grill which at one time in their U.N. branch I had a bad experience.

Their promo is PhP499/pax All You can eat ala carte with limited menu, not buffet and drinks and desserts not included. from monday to friday. It was a tuesday. We were having our Holiday get together and some of us came all the way from Manila and Laguna.

We entered around 12:45, the place is around a quarter filled. We choose a table but smelled odor coming from probably the toilet so we transferred. But had to transfer again because of leaking aircon until we settled on one still with dishes left over. The crew came and took the leftovers but never came back to wipe the table. We had to do it ourselves with tissue.

It took more than 20 minutes before we were served softdrink at P70 per person, they said it';s refillable but that would be the single one for the entire 3 hour stay of ours.

Food didn't come until 45 minutes or later. and we had to request for plates, spoon and fork. 1 kani salad,, long pause, then 1 mix maki, long pause, then 1 mix sashimi.

After a while came an order of Teppan tofu.

After another long wait, came a 5 pc and an 8 pc Ebi Tempura. by this time we're already pissed off as we saw customers in ala-carte dining who came after us has already been served, dined and started paying their bills.

It is now more than 2 hours since we set foot in this resto and ticked off our orders and they served us only those mentioned above which is less than 25% of our orders.

To enjoy the tempura, we had to ask for the tempura sauce. after several attempt at getting the attention of the crew, it was already obvious we were being given the cold shoulder as 1 crew after asked twice would repeatedly leave us then go on to do stupid tasks like taking menu off an empty table and rearranging them somewhere else.

After than, I've had it. I scolded the crew and ask to talk to the manager which I have not seen all these time. Another group sitting near us then told us they were experiencing the same thing since they entered at 12noon.

the manager came and offered an apology and explained they're having problems in the kitchen. It was an unacceptable explanation considering the following:
1. it doesn't explain why it took them more than 20 minutes to serve our drinks
2. 45 minutes to serve those that came from the sushi bar and not the kitchen
3. it had nothing to do with us having to wipe the table clean ourselves
4. it had nothing to do with us having to ask for the table to be set
5. it had nothing to do with how we're being ignored the whole time when they have enough crew members
6. it cannot explain the coincidence why another set of customers in the ‘all-you-can-eat’ promo received the same treatment.
7.it certainly cannot explain why ala-carte customers where being served.
8. that if they have problem with the kitchen, then why were they still taking in customers?!

The entire thing was intentional. It was a scam, getting people to pay for that price and do everything they can to serve as little as they can.

The manager offered to let us have what we have eaten for free. I told her we can afford to pay and we will pay what we have eaten. I’m not raising a howl to get free meal, we came in to dine at our own expense, to enjoy our day. Dining is not just the food, it is service, it is an experience and this is one god dammed horrible experience. Our day and appetite ruined.

For 3 hours, 5 of us who were supposed to shelve out P499 + PhP70 each got only 1 kani salad, 1 mix sashimi (around 11 pieces), 1 mix maki (12 pcs), 1 teppan (8 pcs) and 5pcs of ebi tempura.

We paid the ala-carte equivalent price of the dishes and that's PhP1,015 for those dishes, bad service and a ruined holiday get together.

9  Thank Jojo S
Reviewed December 19, 2011

It was the worst dine in ever! I just arrived from abroad and the next day I thought of bringing the family for lunch and shopping, as my mom loves Japanese food, we walked in to the Tempura Restaurant. We ordered a lot such as Tempura and breaded chicken. The food is raw when it is not suppose to be RAW!I called the manager of the restaurant while she's busy chatting with the other staff, sitting in the table outside the restaurant, where people-the customer-see the staff just sitting there comfortably! Definitely no service manners at all!!! Anyway, as I called her I informed her that the food is raw when it should not be raw, she said "oh! let me give that to the kitchen" I am surprised the way she responded!!! I told her it is completely unacceptable as I have 5 kids with me eating a raw shrimp and chicken. After going to the kitchen she came back and gave us the food again and she said it is a new one, guess what RAW again! Don't get me wrong, some of the Japanese food is serve as raw but I never ordered a food for the kids that is raw, specially if it is tempura and chicken that suppose to be deep fried! I never seen a raw tempura until the day I dine in in the Tempura Japanese Grill, Robinsons Place Manila. As our lunch is already screwed up, we decided to walked out and just go to another restaurant. I told her she should not charge me for it as we did not even consumed the said food. As I don't want to make a big seen in-front of the kids, I paid the whole charges in the end. i was charged of 2,125. for the food that we did not even enjoyed! I am a manager of the hotel taking care of the executive lounge were we are dealing food and hospitality, I would say the quality of food (ref; to your chefs) and service is comparable only to the carinderias in the street of manila. It is no way you are paying for a manager who does not know what customer service is! She needs knowledge and manners! I am really disappointed remembering that worst service I had ever experience as a person in the same field.

9  Thank candy2226
Reviewed March 19, 2010

quality of the food is good, portions are not too big, but that seems to be normal for japanese dishes. However the service was not great.

3  Thank tazzlimbo