Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
travelup.com
Trip.com
2,030 results
All reviews private beach our honeymoon tamarind mahe beaches
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2019

I liked this hotel. It has an open layout in which it is easy to find the facilities and it is nicely decorated with a lot of seating in different styles. The standard of service is excellent. I commend my travel agent for choosing it for me.

I would describe my room as being a studio flat without a kitchen. It was spacious and comfortably furnished. It had a large bathroom area with a sink, bath, shower and separate toilet.

I had breakfast overlooking a beautiful beach. There is a large swimming pool with plenty of sun loungers. Towels are provided to lie on. There are also a few sun loungers down one end of the beach, but they are well hidden from view.

Everything is immaculate and there are staff everywhere looking after the guests.

The Seychelles are like Iceland in that food is imported, which makes it expensive. Prices are roughly on a level with Central London. An evening meal will be £30 - 40, slightly less if you are vegetarian. A light lunch can be obtained at the bar or in their snack shop (which has an excellent selection of pastries) for the price of a sandwich lunch in London.

I stayed here for two nights prior to taking a cruise island hopping and for one night following the cruise. The staff remembered who I was and the wifi reactivated on the second stay without me having to sign in to it again. I was very pleased. It was effortless.

Just one little gripe. I left early to go to the airport and they provided me with a vegetarian packed breakfast. It included a yoghurt that contained beef gelatine. (Fortunately, I know that thick and creamy yoghurt contains gelatine, so I checked the ingredients and did not eat it.)

More seriously, I note the point that wcthoo makes in his review "We became anti-AVANI". There is no excuse for the way he was treated. Whilst my own stay was virtually perfect, I am inclined to agree with wcthoo's assessment that they are very money minded. I picked up on it when I was welcomed very efficiently on my first stay by a charming young lady with a towel and a drink and a form to sign. I think there may well be another side to Avani and I rather suspect that it would not take very much to turn the outward paradise into a hell for the visitor. However, I did not witness it and I hope that I am wrong. I would not have even mentioned this had it not been for what happened to wcthoo.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

This was my second visit at Avani Barbarons and my holiday was again amazing. The service was great in 2016 but was excellent this time. The food and cocktails were awesome. The rooms clean and the bathroom very spacious. The staff very friendly and professional. I cant wait to return!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
BenjaminVBAR, Front Office Manager at Avani Barbarons Seychelles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Dear Agatha R,

Thank you for such positive feedback after your repeated stay at Avani Barbarons Seychelles Resort.

We are glad to know that you were happy with the many changes since your last visit in 2016.
The entire team is happy that you came back to our hotel and that you can't wait to return in the near future. We will share your feedback with our team which will surely delight everyone.

We hope to welcome you back soon to paradise.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

the hotel keeps on surprising me every time i visit. traveling for business several time a Year, i have to say the changes done by the team and hotel management are breathtaking with the new Champagne lounge and BBQ addition to the restaurant.

It always feels like coming Home, the friendly stuff remembers you by name and your daily habits, like the black coffee to be served at the smoking area after breakfast and this goes for all the departments from the arrival experience till the checkout.

I cant wait to see what surprises me the next time on my arrival.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank BodoP1

Dear BodoP1,

Thank you for such positive feedback after your stay at Avani Barbarons Seychelles Resort.

We are happy to have you as a regular guest and are delighted to hear that you feel welcome throughout your stays and that the team is able to offer you genuine service.

It is with great pleasure to know that you appreciate the newly re-opened The Terrace with its seafood menu and champagne and the BBQ Garden at Elements Restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back soon to paradise.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

When one plans holiday to dream destination like Seychelles, one plans early. Knowing Oct is peak period in Seychelles, we made our planning early. We chose to stay with Avani and this turns out to be the biggest mistake!

We made reservation for two rooms (for our guests who will be celebrating their anniversary ) through booking.com using my account in May under non-refundable conditions.

We have not expected Avani to cancel our reservation two weeks ago citing invalid credit card, because they fail to match credit card details with guest names! Despite calling Avani immediately upon notification, Avani has refused to reinstate our booking while they could easily rectify the issue.

Avani politely apologised for inconvenience they have caused. But we are left with no room unless we PAY MORE. Surely inconvenience is an understatement!

Avani could have sought clarification before booking was cancelled should they have any doubt. Unmatching names with credit card should be common when multiple rooms are booked? Why have my booking been accepted in May? Is it too difficult to rectify the issue when I called almost immediately? Avani just doesn't want to help!

My conclusion is Avani is INCONSIDERATE and MONEY MINDED. They prefer to sell rooms at higher rates than making a customer happy.

Well, lesson learned. We will surely NOT rebook with the hotel, and we will not repeat our mistake by staying with a hotel of Avani group in the future.

We declare ourselves anti-Avani!

Date of stay: August 2019
4  Thank wcthoo

Pros;
- Outstanding service - all the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We also arrived 3 hours before our rooms were due to be available but the staff went out of their way to arrange rooms for us early. They also arrived a takeaway breakfast when we left due to an early flight.
- The hotel sits on a beach giving it beautiful views but also a lovely stretch of sand to walk along and a swimming area.
- Good pool - decent size and nice temperature
- Good on site Thai restaurant
- Very clean rooms and all the facilities you'd expect
- Excellent cocktails

Cons;
- The area is very quiet and you really will need a hire car if you intend to do much. This may be a positive for some (nb cars can be hired from the hotel with no difficulty)
- Food and drink was expensive and there aren't many alternatives nearby. In general, we found food in the Seychelles to be pricey in general but this was a little beyond that
- Food in the bar area wasn't brilliant e.g. tuna steak was dry, nachos were a touch stale and didn't have any cheese, club sandwich was very fatty

Overall;
A really, really nice hotel with fantastic staff and service. We probably should have done our homework better in advance re the location but, for anyone looking for a quiet getaway, this would be perfect

Dear lenrichman,

Thank you very much for your detailed review that is also valuable for other travellers reading your comments.

We are very happy that you had a great time at our property and enjoyed our genuine service along with the Tamarind Restaurant, swimming pool, rooms and cocktails.

We have taken note of the bar food. Rest assured that we will share this feedback with our Executive Chef as this is not in line with our usual standard of quality. Any feedback provides an opportunity to review our product and services and we are grateful to receive such feedback to further improve our offerings.

In case you return to Seychelles again, we would like to welcome you back to our hotel.