“Bad attitude”

Ranked #28 of 35 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very unfriendly welcome. We walked away. Didnt even have a cocktail (which is why we wanted to go there) and would probably have had something to eat too. PLace looked nice, but with such an attitude - I will go somewhere else.

2  Thank Albert V

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice location, that's all. The service is awful, the food is so bad! I fully unrecommend people to go there!

2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I decided to call into this restaurant on the 1st Aug/12, I'm spending 7 days in the Seychelles on holiday & after spending time visiting the local museums a well deserved coffee was due. On entering the restaurant from the staircase leading onto the main street I was surprised how quiet the place was! After choosing a seat close the the open area & ordererd a cake & coffee, the service was fast, the only complaint was that my coffee was only warm & not a real cupful, the waitress quickly refilled the cup & a much hotter cuppa was given without any fuss. The view is nice to photograph & directly staring at the famous London Clock, watching the locals & tourists passing by, a pleasent outlook & a cooler spot. My only negative about the place was when I went to pay for my bill, some problems with the process in completing the electronic transaction using my C/Card, after a few repeated attempts & without any luck I decided to pay in cash.......... this problem with C/Card transactions in this part of the world isn't uncommon & the same problem when I'm in Mauritius, overall a nice change to relax with a coffee in a cooler location. This restaurant wouldn't be suitable for anyone using a wheel chair or walking aids due to the steep stairwell leading up into the restaurant..... Worth at least one visit & don't expect the same atmosphere like THE PIRATE ARMS restaurant 2min's away!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

the first time we went there was not as great as we least expected. Service was so slow...and was served mostly by a trainee who was trying her best to serve but at last is here to learn and should be monitored!!!Anyway, our food took so long that we were not feeling hungry anymore..but the food came and we were nicely surprised by the taste..the food was so good and tasteful!My husband is a Chef, so we know!!
Though, first time was disapointed, we made another try a few days later.This time, both food and service was of standard!
So, finally, we would recommend it!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had our lunch here and all we can say about the food is: proper, nicely served but with no 'wow' factor. Service was very kind and friendly. For sure what is special about this place is location in the heart of Victoria. The restaurant is on the first floor, on the terrace with a great view on the small ben and 2 main streets.