“Best Thai Restaurant in Male'”
Review of Thai Wok

Thai Wok
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Male
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai dishes, fried chicken wrapped in pandanus leaves with Thai sauce, spicy prawns, Thai green curry, Thai salads.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

this is the best Thai Restaurant in Male'. just opposite of the Trader Hotel in the heart of the Male' city. nice environment. try the tom yum soup

1  Thank s4lim
There are newer reviews for Thai Wok

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was treated to a lovely lunch at Thai Wok. We were a group of 6 people, service was quick, friendly and efficient.

The soups are especially nice and the restaurant is apparently getting a very good name for it, we had Crab Tom Yum and it was excellent.

Then we had a whole variety of dishes, beef with kang kong, chicken curry, chicken rolled in pandan, and more, all of it was lovely, the flavors different from each other and everything was well prepared.

Everybody loved it, the only challenge I had is that it was a little on the spicy side. I can eat medium spicy but have to admit that by the end of the meal I was sweating........

I am sure this is not the last time I have been here, it is an address to recommend and I have to thank my host for treating me to this lovely restaurant

1  Thank CountryGourmetTravel
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I always come here whenever I go Male I really love the tomyum soup.. Chicken barbecue ... My boyfriend loves curry but I found it too hot!!! Even if u ask to make it "less spicy"but not a let down anyway...we love the fruit platter of the day with 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream... Just one thing since the smell of the crab from tomyum could stick to your hand I recommend to put a washing basin close by as the wash room is located down stair... or served warm water with lime like SALA THAI does... Over all the best TOMYUM ever I've tried different tomyum from different restaurant but this is the best is had the kick!!! We will definitely come back again...staff are nice...

1  Thank Wallie J
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Maldivian cuisine is non-existent and so we decided to try Thai. The restaurant is not on the sea front so there is no view.
However, the food was excellent and tasted authentically Thai which is a great achievement in that most of the ingredients are imported.

We understood that the owner's wife is Thai. The manager, an experienced manager from Sri Lanka, was really good..

The food was served quickly, arrived hot and with the correct sauces! The waiters were good and didn't muddle up the orders in spite of the fact that we couldn't really make up our minds as to what we wanted!

1  Thank gyanfernando
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went back to stay at this Thai restaurant for a business dinner with some important local guests who insisted on the choice. Great food, of course, of Eastern origin and nice atmosphere. I highly recommend it as a variant of the local cuisine that is not very creative.

1  Thank MauroMonti