“Another paradise not far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa

Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Male
“Another paradise not far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was so happy to be there for our honeymoon getaway.The room is a standard room, you have all you need, simple and sweet but nothing you can compare with 5 stars resort but good enough as a 4 stars.
For all inclusive we have done all restaurants, like the other comments said it is too hot there and I was worried about hygiene, they have not much surprise for us during our stay and their waiter less attentive to Asian.
The weather not the best, it rains really bad during a night, my husband lost his raincoat in Ocean restaurant and i believe it was taken by other customer, I went to talk about the situation with that manager at lobby, she didn't charge us for the lost and you can't expect herself drive us back to our room! her name is Kiki, make sure you look for her if you need something. She is very helpful
The reef is amazing! snorkel set is free on the island from dive center, we did snorkeling everyday and too busy to do nothing! :) truly paradise OMG I saw a stingray close to my room!

Tips:
Remember to reserve table before you come! Restaurant is always full.

I hope to come back again soon. Believe me! Thank you centara, congrats to Ms. Kiki and your great team. We will see you next time!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank m_boin
RasFushi, Manager at Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear m_boin,

Greetings from the sunny Maldives.

On behalf of the entire team here at Centara Ras Fushi I would like to personally thank you for selecting our resort for your honeymoon destination and we are all very happy to see that you had a fantastic time here with us , customer service has always been our signature and gratifying comments as yours here on Tripadvisor are flattering us. Furthermore , we have pass your warm comments to Kiki.
Once again, Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back here at CRF or at any other Centara properties in the future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed in Centara Ras Fushi from 23 - 27 May 2014. I'm suddenly at a loss for words! My vocab is limited to words like magical, fantasy, dream come true, paradise island!

Right from the time I arrived at the airport, I was greeted immediately by the hotel staff who showed us to the counter to check in my luggage, in less than 10 mins i was on my way to the trip of my lifetime! The boat ride took about 15 - 20 mins. The boat docked at the little jetty on the island, and we were showed to the main reception to check in. The staff were all very helpful and did a little introduction and their welcome drink was super nice (they said it was lemon tea, but really good). Since I was on the all inclusive plan, and arrived just in time for lunch, the staff showed me to the lunch area at the main restaurant.

Lunch was a buffet spread, nothing too exciting, but the spread was reasonably good with lots of bread daily and different themes everyday. After lunch, I could go straight to my room, and my luggage was already there.

I want to commend the staff at Centara Ras Fushi for being so friendly and courteous at all times, all my requests were met, even if they did not understand they went all out to help :) They all spoke English, and I was greeted everyday and anytime of the day by all friendly smiles! You will feel so at home here.

The reef was okay. I experienced a 2 days of rain which made the sea quite choppy and the waves were huge. Other than that, the rain usually lasted for only 5-10 mins, no huge storms! Lucky! I was still able to snorkel most of the time, even though the sea was a little rough... But during these times, I realised that there were not too many fishes. Once the weather was good, and the sun was out, the marine life there was beautiful, always greeted by the usual suspects, reef sharks, I was lucky enough to see a manta ray, and a moray eel!! WOW... loved that!

The food at the Thai and Italian restaurant was good, but reservations had to be made in advance, so I booked all my meals the first day I got there .. TIP, please follow if you want good food!

The Viu Bar was good, free flow drinks all around the resort the whole trip! Pay for the all inclusive, you will not regret as it saves you all the time and hassle with paying extra. The last thing you want to do on such a trip is to sit and think what to eat... For me, times up, i eat, drink, play, snorkel, have fun all day!

The beds are really comfy and room service is really good, they clean up the rooms twice a day and whenever you ask them to as sometimes I do mess it up with sand when I come back from the beach. There is a wash area to wash off the sand at my balcony, really thoughtful. I went as a solo traveller and before I embarked on this trip i was so worried it would get lonely and I will not enjoy. But I just made friends with other couples, the staff and anyone that would talk to me haha ... but the snorkelling itself took up most of my time.

Bring your own sun block etc for sure. there is good shampoo and conditioner etc provided by the resort so dont need to bring that! Small shop on the island but a little pricey. The only thing I bought there were postcards and wrote them to my friends and family every night, good idea if you wanted to do the same. Just US$1 each for postcard and stamp. You can drop it at the main lobby and it'll be sent out and reached them in the week.

Having said all these, I am sure I will be back to Centara Ras Fushi and I recommend this place to all my friends and family!!

Room Tip: All the beach villas are very near to the restaurants
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
9 Thank Serene P
Dear Serene P,

Greetings from Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa, Maldives,

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for staying with us at the Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives during your recent holidays and thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments which we appreciate your patronage and we do very much value the feedback.
We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed the service you received from our staff. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.
Thank you very much indeed and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Centara Ras Fushi , Maldives.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Currently I am sat at the wave bar on my last day writting this review, unfortunately the weather has just changed but we have been blessed with two weeks of total sunshine.

Firstly I feel obliged to respond to some of the negative comments we saw when planning our trip here. Yes there is a 'rubbish island' it's more of an industrial island, a few power plants and lots of large boats. It does not smell. It can hardly ever be seen and only when doing a few excursions did we see the plumes of smoke, but again we couldn't smell anything. I personally would much rather this than have rubbish and flies on our island!

We read one review that complained about the insect repellent that they spray each evening, again I would rather this than be bitten by a mozzy. It last all of about 5/10 seconds.

Now the positives, we have received excellent service, all the staff are so friendly and helpful. Shafeeq who works in the waves bar always has a smile on his face and is happy to see you. All the guys at vui bar deserve a thank you but in particular Ram, who on the few occasions when we stayed for last orders and beyond was more than accommodating and happy to let us enjoy our evening.

The d.j night every Thursday was brilliant. We came here to do nothing, but to have entertainment was a huge bonus.

When we arrived and read reviews we were of the impression that you only got one restaurant in the all inclusive and had to contribute towards the bill in the Thai, Italian and Arabian restaurants. This isn't the case, the Italian and Thai have a special set menu for lunch and the three have an evening menu with different choices included in the package, which was great for me as I got a bit bored of the buffet. The food however is very good, our favourite was the Italian for dinner and the Thai for lunch. The drinks on the all inclusive are also very good, there is a lot of choice, and a good selection of about 5 white and 5 reds if you don't fancy a cocktail.

We opted for a beach villa rather than a water villa, a few guests we spoke to had said this was probably the right choice as their water villas moved and creaked in the wind (it gets very windy at night) we had lovely views from our room and it was convenient to get to the pool and restaurants. Some of the water villas are quite a walk. Our room was lovely and we were kindly given champagne and macaroons on two occasions as a treat for our honeymoon. The only negative I would say about the rooms is the room service, it is very much a case of up to them if they come and clean or not, which I think management should regulate more. This is probably our only negative of our holiday.

We did the turtle quest, and the night fishing both were great, and I would recommend them.

Lastly we would like to thank Husnee, he has made every aspect of our holiday that bit more special, he is very friendly, and always more than happy to help or go the extra step for you. He is a credit to the hotel.

We would definitely recommend the hotel, we had a great honeymoon - thank you!

Room Tip: We loved room 121.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Nicola W
Dear Nicola G,

Greetings from Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa, Maldives,

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you very much for selecting our resort as your honeymoon destination and for taking the time to provide us your comments which we appreciate your patronage and we do very much value the feedback.
We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed the service you received from our staff and all the resort facilities. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.
Furthermore ,we have pass your warm comments to Mr. Husnee and we are now looking forward to welcome you back here or at any other Centara properties in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed in a delux water villa for the final leg of our honeymoon and absolutely loved every minute of our stay. The whole experience from start to finish was excellent! A huge range of food and drink was available in the restaurant and bars around the resort and the staff were extremely curious and friendly.

I spent a morning diving at the resort which was a wonderful experience, drifting past reefs and walls teeming with fish in the crystal clear water was something to remember for life. The snorkelling around the resort was also very good. Many eagle rays and black tip reef sharks to play with!

The view from the villa was excellent and we spent every evening watching the sun go down from the hot tub with a glass of bubbly in hand! Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MattyfromSheff
Dear MattyfromSheff,

Greetings from Centara Ras Fushi , Maldives.
Firstly I would like to Thank you on behalf of CRF team for selecting our resort as your honeymoon destination and for taking the time to share your feelings about your stay here on Tripadvisor. We are all very happy to hear that you had a memorable time with us and we really appreciate your warm comments, furthermore, we are looking forward now to welcome you back here or at any other Centara properties in the future.
Once again , Thank you.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed for three nights here and I loved my water villa - Rooms a good size and the views amazing. The quality of service is excellent. Everyone we dealt with (esp. F&B and Engineering Staff) was very well trained and being the friendly people. My villa had an a/c problem – just called operator and Engineering Staff came to solve problem quickly!

I would definitely look to stay here again :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nune K
RasFushi, Manager at Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear schnauzerpepper,

Greetings from the sunny Maldives.
On behalf of the entire team here at Centara Ras Fushi I would like to personally thank you for selecting our resort for your holiday destination and we are all very happy to see that you had a fantastic time here with us , customer service has always been our signature and gratifying comments as yours here on Tripadvisor are flattering us.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

good and friendly staff, good food and service,reasonable price
water villa ihas good maintainence but not much fish around
insect problem is not a problem in this season

trust me it is your good choose

Room Tip: but please choose room from 3xx side,so cannot see the " rubbish island"
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Justy2003
Dear Justy2003,

Greetings from Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa, Maldives,

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you very much for selecting our resort as your vacation destination and for taking the time to provide us your comments which we appreciate your patronage and we do very much value the feedback.
Furthermore , we are now looking forward to welcome you back here or at any other Centara properties in the future.

South Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just returned from an end of term short break to this resort - staff, service, facilities, restaurants - everything perfect. nothing else to really add
So good am booking with the same company for a summer holiday in Thailand and booking here again for same time next year.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank schnauzerpepper
Dear schnauzerpepper,

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
#1 of 1 in Farukolhufushi Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,204 reviews

Been to Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!