All reviews one night ferry tickets next morning short stay washing machine small tour choice at breakfast small hotel welcome drink free transfer from the airport late at night wet room recommend hotel first time visitors fish market decent stay transit stop
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I needed to stay at male for a night so I can get to my next destination in Maldives and I choose octave. In the beginning I wasn't sure if this was the right hotel in male and I am glade I made that choice. Everything was included in the room package which includes my transfer from airport to male and the way back as well. Ismail was the one that greeted me at airport and helped me with everything and also became our driver back to the Jerry. room is super clean and was more than I expected for a 3 star rated hotel. Hospitality defiantely a 5 star experience. What can I say more, breakfast was simple but it got the job done for us. Look no further if you plan to stay in male, octave will give you a worryless stay.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 2 weeks ago after a late arrival from HK. Was just as expected, comfortable, convenient, and good value.

Room space was good, slightly bigger than anticipated.
Bed was comfortable, not too hard. Room was clean and functional.
Hotel is quiet and noise not a problem.
Breakfast was fine, adequate.
Met at airport by staff and taken to hotel fast and free.
The hotel is run by a family and they all play their part to give it a warm family feel.

Only comment would be to make it perfect, that black out curtains would have let us sleep in longer.

We recommend Octave and their friendly staff for a night, before or after your main trip to the Maldives.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Ismail N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Octave, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Dear PaulmsNZ,

Thank you very much for your feedback and sharing your experience. Hope to see you again in Maldives.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend!! First time for us at Male. We stayed 2 nights at Octave, and very pleasantly surprised!

Arrival: Didn’t expect free pick up from the airport to the hotel, they took care of us. We don’t need to worry at all. They liaised with the resort that we were going next. Everything went so smoothly.

Location: Super central and convenient to navigate around. Good restaurants within walking distance.

Room: Clean and nice and basic. It’s a bit small. But we don’t spend much time at the hotel room so this suits us perfect.

Diving: We went diving with Ali. He and his crew is amazing, so friendly and love the oceans. He was so excited to show us everything under the sea. I haven’t dived for a few years. Ali gave me confident and took care of me, put trust in me. Taught me a few techniques. We did two dives in the morning with Ali. It was amazing!!!! The corals was so beautiful and all the fishes, first time diving into a little cave. We even stopped at a sandbank between the dives. We just trusted Ali’s plan.

Staff: Super friendly, laid back and so nice and friendly people.

Highly recommend!!!!

Next time, we want to spend more time with Ali to dive and snorkel with him. Support local business, support family run biz!! It is a basic and clean and well-situated hotel with ***** service and care!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi Ilovetea,

Thank you for the fantastic review! Happy to hear that you enjoyed your diving experience with Ali.

Hope to see you again in the Maldives.

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed a few days before heading to our resort (COMO Maalifushi). It was great to spend a few days in Male seeing normal Maldivians going about their day. And Octave is a great place to stay. Ali and Ismail run the place and Ali is a great diving guide. Highly recommend him. Lots of good sites to see around Male.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2018

We stayed in the hotel for one night. The staff was very friendly, and the service was very good. We got a free transfer from the airport to the hotel and they welcomed us with a cocktail. They brought us to the jetty the next morning with a small tour during the main island of the destination. The room was clean and comfortable. The choice at breakfast was good. Highly recommended for transit before going to the next island.

Stayed: April 2018