Luckyhiya Hotel
House Clover(Male)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
  • Room Service
Surf View Raalhugandu(Male)(Great Value!)
$72
$486
$427
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel has mastered the "bait & switch" technique as it posts gorgeous and elegant pictures on Agoda. I booked a deluxe room and was given a room with three single beds and a horrid bathroom. I was too tired to complain as I knew that I was only going to be staying one night before heading out to paradise: Happy Life Maldives Lodge in Dhiffushi. So by sheer luck I was greeted at the airport by Ali, who is beyond helpful and friendly. Under a heavy rain, Ali carried my bag to the hotel which is about 12 minutes walking distance from the Male ferry terminal.

I paid about $11 USD for airport pick up & learned that the ferry costs less than $1 USD each way! Ahhh, talk about a serious profit! Needless to say, some of my packed clothes got wet. The breakfast was horrid-equivalent to jail food (I've worked in jails before). The only positive aspect of this hotel was Aly & the female receptionist-they need to go work at a better hotel. Oh and yes the hotel entrance is down a narrow, dodgy alley-if you blink, you miss it! Yet, Maldivians are friendly & helpful, so I never felt scared/concerned at any time whilst walking up/down this dodgy alley/street.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there one night only, but I have to say thank you to the young staff of hotel and restaurant for their great kindness. One week later, I had to stay in Male before leaving to Italy and the hotel kept my baggage for free in the hall and was so helpful... The restaurant has low prices but high quality and the best tuna noodles in Maldives! The rooms are small but clean and the position is good: a bit far from the trafficated streets and near to the artificial beach and the ferryboat to the airport. Just in front of it there's a small park for kids, a garden and a big cage for birds.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Dancelila
Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was my only one night in Male, we chose quite cheap hotel, and we didn't get disappointed. Though the hotel situated in small street, it is not far away from main jetty. The staff was very friendly and welcoming - even gave us good discount. We didn't expect much and were surprised how clean room was and even nice. It is a perfect place for stop over for 1 night!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarinaCairo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I haven't stayed in any other hotels in Male so I don't know what other hotels in the same price range are offering. It's a simple hotel that's ok for a stopover, but it's good if someone from the hotel can bring you to the hotel from the airport, since it's hard to find and the way there seems a bit scary (shabby alley).

Pros
1. Friendly and knowledgeable 'Guest Relations Officer' who picked us up at the airport (even though I don't remember airport transfers being part of what I booked) with an official-looking sign and our names. He brought us on the ferry and took us back in a cab.
2. 24h restaurant in hotel
3. Rooms are clean.
4. Free (tho intermittent) wifi
5. Very near ferry terminal (5 min cab ride)

Cons
1. Located in quiet alley

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pawsielee
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Recently I spent four nights in Lucky Hiya hotel in Male, capital of Maldives islands.

That hotel I have chosen by internet and imediatelly at arrival at reception desk I have noticed that hotel is terrible even stuff was quite friendly but that is not any advantage because people there generally are very friendly and kind.

During my stay at hotel (4 nights) towels were not changed and room was not cleaned untill I have leaved hotel!!!!!!

I want to emphasise that while I am traveling I never choose some top hotels(5 stars or more) but Lucky Hiya hotel was by the far the worsest hotel I have ever been and I am traveling since I was student and have visited almost all continets (except Australia and Arctic).

As well it is not cheap hotel because overnight without breakfast costs 85 US$ (even comparing to the other hotels in capital Male it is not too expensive), but recently I stayed in one nice hotel in San Francisco, uncomparable to this hotel, and I payed only 80 US$ per night with breakfast.

So when I read the articles on Your site I could not believe what the other people are writting, because by no criteria it could not be the best hotel in Male.

I am really sorry to write in this way because it is not my pleasure but reading the articles on Your site I think that the travelers deserve to know the truth and correct information.

Room Tip: In order to choose good room it is the best to avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo