“Made mistake of staying in Male”
Review of DACE

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Male
DACE
Ranked #15 of 34 Male B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed there for couple of days, and we really regret. Its location is bad, and construction going on beside hotel. Rooms too small. In fact staying in Male is a big mistake, when u stay for more than one day. Male is such a small place. One can never enjoy stay in Male in any hotel, but still if hotel is good u can spend some time in hotel, but Dace is a small lodge, and most of reviews are written by them only.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tripi44
There are newer reviews for DACE

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We planned our final night stay at Male for a visit to Male city and also had some souvenir shopping before we left Maldives back home. We choose a slightly better hotel room than our first night with a budget constraint. I saw the photos of their room and it looks OK.

Here is my review on Dace:-
Hotel Environment: Hotel environment surprise us as it is along a tiny lane which we did not expect. Then the room looks stuffy as well where we arrive at 6pm which they did not prepare because we transfer to the hotel ourselves but the hotel housekeep quickly and provide us a better feel with aromatherapy which comfort us.

Around the hotel: Of course this is the better part of the hotel as we enjoy souvenir shopping at Male which surround the hotel. We also like the Maldivian local food with rice as well as the island resort are mostly western food menu.

Hotel Service & Staff: Staff service are also good as the management really take care of us with free transfer to their restaurant near the jetty and also provide us a telephone sim card in case we need it.

Room Comfort: Room is also tiny but the sleep is more comfort than the first night. The room feel more modern design and new. Keep up the maintenance and hope it is not fade over time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank joeycw
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Where do I start. Ok, I should first point out that I travel a lot and am by no means used to 5 star treatment.
I stayed for 2 days (I was supposed to stay for 3 but my business trip was shortened thankfully). The building is down a side alley next to construction. The fit out of the room is not bad but the bathroom in my room smelt of sewerage every time the tap was run in the sink (I brushed my teeth with bottled water) or when the toilet was flushed. The TV didn't work the entire time I was there (due to some issue with the cable operator apparently). This wouldn't be so bad but there's really not much to do in Male in terms of going out. I stayed on the 3rd floor (there's no lift) and every time someone comes in the front door, the slam of the door travels up the open staircase which runs through the building. As does any other noise such as the screaming kid on one of the floors, I couldn't identify which.
Bottom line, not good for a peaceful night's sleep which is all I was after.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank bobjones_sg
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was welcomed by the owners, and taken well care of during my stay. The room was silent, pleasant styled and with a very nice bathroom. The hotel is located in central Male', easy accessible by taxi and close to the main roads of the city. My stay was just by opening of the hotel, and the kitchen was opened the same day. I suppose that there is a full restaurant meny there now. WIFI is available, which makes the hotel useful for business as well as leisure stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Bjornaas
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stay in super deluxe room. The bedroom is small but very functional and clean with comfortable bed. The room decoration is very cute and modern. All the staffs there are more than helpful. Another over-expected thing is the clean white bed linen. The only disadvantage for me is the location. It can't walk from the airport ferry.

• Stayed: May 2011
5  Thank Modnuinoi
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Having stayed at overpriced Hulhule hotel and Traders hotel previousely we have now tried something different and were positive surprised with this place. Cute rooms and nice breafast! Definitely coming back.

• Stayed: May 2011
7  Thank tfrogk
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed in Dace Hotel over the Easter weekend after reading recommendations on Tripadvisor and we were glad we did. The rooms although small, were comfy and clean. Towels were provided but no toiletries given. Beds were comfortably hard and the rooms were cleaned and made up at least twice daily! Breakfast was a wonderful spread. Do note that this hotel does not have lifts so if you're staying on the upper floors, you're guaranteed a good work out!

Mustafa, Shiru and Shirmeen were excellent hosts and were always ready to assist with any questions or requests we made. The only downside was we came during the wet season so that kind of put a damper on our best laid plans.

Other than that, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at Dace again!

Room Tip: Book with the hotel directly!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple