We stayed here for one night prior to getting on a liveaboard dive boat. It pains me to write a negative review of this hotel, because the staff were so nice and tried hard, but were incompetent at best. Our room was clean, but that's about it. Checked in and went through a "who's on first" routine with the guy who showed us to our room--I asked for soap, he said "we have soap, but no soap." "So you don't have soap?" "Yes we have soap, but we have no delivery so don't have soap today." "So no soap?" Etc. Finally he went and got soap from another room. Small victory.
Curtains falling down, lightbulbs out. light fixtures broken or missing. No A/C in dining area. Went to sleep only to discover no blanket in room. Breakfast included (don't bother even asking about THAT) but wanted to charge us extra for coffee, which was not included. Swimming pool on roof not only ugly but dirty.
I did speak to the manager/owner the next morning, who recognized weaknesses and said they had just taken over the hotel and were trying to fix all the problems. I hope they succeed, because it's in a decent location for an overnight stay and again, the staff are very pleasant. Perhaps in a few months it would be worth checking out again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Boutique Inn is an established Male’ capital city of Maldives, and has been in operation for the last eleven years as Dhoveli Inn ,The Boutique Inn at Villa Shabnamee. After taking possession and a brief period of becoming established, we started operating roof top swimming pool for our in house guest and added a multi cuisine restaurant to ensure a steady flow of customers (tourists and locals) through its doors. The past two owners had owned the property for five or to six years each; the business has not been operated to its fullest capacity and was run down. Central Boutique Inn is now operated and managed by Holiday Night Pvt. Ltd a family owned company. Central Boutique Inn is a B&B boutique hotel located in Male’ city capital of Maldives was originally built in 2004. We offer twelve wonderfully furnished rooms to guests who want to stay at male’ city with attached bedrooms with room and toilet amenities. We have a full-service restaurant, a roof top swimming pool. The buildings have undergone a number of restorations and we plan more, possibly adding a spa and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Central Boutique Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boutique Inn At Villa Shabnamee Hotel Male
- Central Boutique Inn Maldives/Male