“Experience at Traders Hotel Male”
Review of Hotel Jen Male

Hotel Jen Male
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Male
Colombo
“Experience at Traders Hotel Male”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Traders is a very good hotel in Male.,the best in Male. The biggest plus at Traders Maldives is their service and the efficiency of the staff. They are really helpfull friendly and courteous.....

They need to improve a bit on the variety of food offered...other than that it is a nice place for a business trip

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colombo
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

As a frequent guest traveling on business to Male, Traders never seem to disappoint me in terms of welcome, comfort and care. The staff is so caring and attentive and always strive to make you feel at home. Starting from the airport pickup and the brief boat ride to Male island you're made to feel at home. The hotel amenities are quite good and the rain shower is a welcome luxury.

I've stayed at a few Shangri La properties and Traders seem to be a smaller hotel comparatively and sometimes when I'm staying for more than 3 days it feels a bit claustrophobic. The rooftop bar and restaurant gives you a beautiful view and the relaxation under the seabreeze. This is a really great hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We (myself, hubby and 3 kids) stayed at Traders in Male for one night before our seaplane the next day to the Irufushi. The connecting rooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good and we especially appreciated the jug of coconut water as an alternative to juice.

I am inspired to write this review, however, because of what happened after we left. My little daughter left her stuffed animal (which she sleeps with every night) behind and we didn't discover it until the following night at the next hotel. I called the hotel and the duty manager tracked it down and coordinated with the staff at the Irufushi. She managed to pass the toy to the airport staff and it arrived the following day my seaplane.

It saved me from many teary nights and I am so grateful to the staff at Traders for going out of their way to help us. It was definitely service above and beyond what I would have expected! Thank you Traders!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were directed to Traders Hotel when our flight back to Kuala Lumpur got cancelled. Malaysian Airlines paid for us to stay for the night and I was doubtful of what we would find.
It ended up being a pleasant surprise! Lovely a la carte and buffet food.. seriously good room service pizza!
The room and decor was clean and modern and the pool was lovely with an array of mocktails.... so that was my biggest shock.. Mocktails... No alcohol!! This is a law within the capital island of Male and not at all anything to do with Traders Hotel.
A favorite: sitting on the balcony watching the Maldivian hustle and bustle go by as bats flitted from tree to tree. It was lovely.

Room Tip: The higher the better for bat watching :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Ok when I saw $480 a night for a Traders Hotel basic room I thought the internet was playing a practical joke on me.

Male is an amazing city and I highly recommend waking up there and exploring.
The organisation of the hotel is great, and there is nothing wrong with the rooms - they're true and true Traders Hotel rooms - newly renovated and perfectly adequate. My only complaint is the AC wasn't perfect, our room even with full AC on was hot.

Male is amazing, this is clearly the best in town

Room Tip: Higher up gives an amazing view of this amazing city
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Carqueiranne, France
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel enjoy a great situation in Male, has friendly and efficient staff and a pretty nice pool on the roof. I had room 802 at 8th floor with view on the maldivian parliament. Quiet and spacious bathroom. A very good place to stay in Male even if you have to the airport island to get an alcohol drink.

Room Tip: Highest floors to be recommended.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I am in room 510 right now. I have given USD100 instead of USD1 by mistake at the dock in the airport as tips to the staff who picked me up. When I got to the hotel I found this out. I called the front desk. In a few minutes, that staff came to my room to give me back the money in person. I want to let his manager know he has such an honest staff and my trip would not be ruined at the beginning because of his good action. Thank you very much! Sorry I forgot to ask his name. But I feel so good about Male people and Traders Hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
Hotel Octave
Hotel Octave
#4 of 35 in Male
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island

Been to Hotel Jen Male? Share your experiences!