“Extremely Good Staff”
Review of Hotel Jen Male

Hotel Jen Male
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Male
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am in room 510 right now. I have given USD100 instead of USD1 by mistake at the dock in the airport as tips to the staff who picked me up. When I got to the hotel I found this out. I called the front desk. In a few minutes, that staff came to my room to give me back the money in person. I want to let his manager know he has such an honest staff and my trip would not be ruined at the beginning because of his good action. Thank you very much! Sorry I forgot to ask his name. But I feel so good about Male people and Traders Hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Jen Male

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I paid Top price for top Floor Balcony Room and was given Room 408 on 4th Floor with no view.
After complaining was shifted to 908, not the 10th floor room I expected.
Was unaware Male was alcohol Free and the advertised bar was a juice bar Which meant traveling across to airport hotel daily to enjoy and socialize.
Hotel has excellent Lap Pool and fully equipped weight gym

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and assisting you with every need. The breakfast was well rounded and the hotel pool was so relaxing I fell asleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is by far the best hotel on Male. If you have a late arriving flight and need a hotel before transferring to your resort, I would highly recommend this hotel.

The greeting at the airport was fine and we only waited about 15 min before they collected all the guests and headed toward the boat. It was a short trip to Male and check in was seamless. I could recommend having your printed reservation/confirmation with you, as we noticed another couple having an issue with their booking (they only had 1 person down instead of 2).

Our rooms was very clean and adequate. Nothing fancy or like a standard Shangri La, but fine. The layout was efficient and we had a nice view. We did't use the gym or rooftop pool/bar, but it looked nice (but small).

The buffet breakfast was great - good variety and quality.

Overall, we were very pleased with the room. We walked around Male for a bit the next morning and it is a good way to see it, without taking an extra excursion from your resort.

The only issue we had was an outlet in the bathroom not working (maintenance fixed).

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to ensure it is quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EB808
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Such a warmth, a diverse togetherness of so many nationalities... Lovely food, you must check out the new Chef... The service staff is so sweet and attentive and the front office seems as if they know you inside out... Most over, the General Manager is an amazing lady... Looks like she is your friend...!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our experience in General is Below expectation, The Hotel location, View and lobby are so poor, the food are not to the standard yet the prices are comparably so high, Spa service is not good and the charge are above range

Room Tip: The layout and furniture are good, lack of hands spray in WC and no Biddet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
THMD-GM, General Manager at Hotel Jen Male, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Missaibrah,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for sharing your feedback.

I regret to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectation and I would like to receive more details from you either by email at thmd@tradershotels.com or by phone at +960 3300 888.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Vathsala Subramaniam

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I cant say a great deal about this hotel unfortunately because of a Cosmos cock up! I paid over two hundred pounds to stay in this hotel for 4.5 hours, it was however very nice but I had no food there so I cant comment on that. The room was impeccable though it had the little extras including a really good quality hairdryer which to be fair is unusual, I just would love to have stayed long enough to see day light!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
Hotel Octave
Hotel Octave
#4 of 35 in Male
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 2 in Bandos
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island

Been to Hotel Jen Male? Share your experiences!