“Amazing place to stay”
Review of Hotel Jen Male

Hotel Jen Male
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Male
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and assisting you with every need. The breakfast was well rounded and the hotel pool was so relaxing I fell asleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is by far the best hotel on Male. If you have a late arriving flight and need a hotel before transferring to your resort, I would highly recommend this hotel.

The greeting at the airport was fine and we only waited about 15 min before they collected all the guests and headed toward the boat. It was a short trip to Male and check in was seamless. I could recommend having your printed reservation/confirmation with you, as we noticed another couple having an issue with their booking (they only had 1 person down instead of 2).

Our rooms was very clean and adequate. Nothing fancy or like a standard Shangri La, but fine. The layout was efficient and we had a nice view. We did't use the gym or rooftop pool/bar, but it looked nice (but small).

The buffet breakfast was great - good variety and quality.

Overall, we were very pleased with the room. We walked around Male for a bit the next morning and it is a good way to see it, without taking an extra excursion from your resort.

The only issue we had was an outlet in the bathroom not working (maintenance fixed).

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to ensure it is quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EB808
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Such a warmth, a diverse togetherness of so many nationalities... Lovely food, you must check out the new Chef... The service staff is so sweet and attentive and the front office seems as if they know you inside out... Most over, the General Manager is an amazing lady... Looks like she is your friend...!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our experience in General is Below expectation, The Hotel location, View and lobby are so poor, the food are not to the standard yet the prices are comparably so high, Spa service is not good and the charge are above range

Room Tip: The layout and furniture are good, lack of hands spray in WC and no Biddet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
THMD-GM, General Manager at Hotel Jen Male, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Missaibrah,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for sharing your feedback.

I regret to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectation and I would like to receive more details from you either by email at thmd@tradershotels.com or by phone at +960 3300 888.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Vathsala Subramaniam

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I cant say a great deal about this hotel unfortunately because of a Cosmos cock up! I paid over two hundred pounds to stay in this hotel for 4.5 hours, it was however very nice but I had no food there so I cant comment on that. The room was impeccable though it had the little extras including a really good quality hairdryer which to be fair is unusual, I just would love to have stayed long enough to see day light!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at Traders for over two months, so I got to know the hotel and staff pretty well. The place is very clean, quiet and comfortable, so you will not be disappointed. Unlike most hotels in the Maldives, they do not charge you for internet or the speedboat pickup at the airport. The staff are so nice it broke my heart to leave them! Thank you Traders for your hospitality and friendship.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingH0meb0dy
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent four nights at Trader on Male for a workshop.

While I don't like to stay on Male, Trader's is a great Oasis. The pool bar has yummy mocktails and excellent views.

Most of the staff were extremely professional and ready to assist in both workshop and accommodation related requests.

The seaview rooms are varied in how much you actually see of the sea. I upgraded to a seaview room, and was shown the available options first. Some rooms were nicer and bigger than what I was already in, however the seaview was angled. So I chose a smaller full sea facing room.

The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. The bathrooms are a pleasant surprise as they are more resort-like in their style, with more a lush toiletry array than a standard hotel and blinds that allow you you see out to the room from the shower.

The breakfast was a good buffet. The chef ensured I had gluten free bread available each morning (I advised ahead of arriving). The lunch and dinner menu was tasty (not exceptional) albeit a bit limited for my dietary requirements.

The hotel is a short walk to the ferry terminal, and offers some good snorkeling day trips that my colleagues took advantage of.

As the workshop organiser, I was impressed with the attention to detail and discrete service we received. We only had a minor hiccup with the internet, which was eventually sorted. The large meeting room comfortably accommodation 50 participants, however you have to be mindful of the structural columns at one end of the room in your planning.

Trader's provided an excellent conference package, including great room rates, which will really appreciated. The usual rooms rates, while cheap compared to being at a Maldives resort. I am basing my review value for money on if I paid the usual room rate.

Room Tip: A high up floor, with a sea view if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
Hotel Octave
#3 of 34 in Male
3 mi away
Hotel Ocean Grand at Hulhumale
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Champa Central Hotel
Champa Central Hotel
#5 of 34 in Male
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island

Been to Hotel Jen Male? Share your experiences!