Hotel Jen Male
Champa Central Hotel(Male)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Restaurant
$62
$59
Travelocity
All reviewstraders hotelrooftop poollime restaurantshangri la groupone nightbusiness hotelno alcoholairport islandtop floorexecutive roomduty managerbreakfast buffetbusiness tripa short boat ridenext morningmain islandcoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Such a warmth, a diverse togetherness of so many nationalities... Lovely food, you must check out the new Chef... The service staff is so sweet and attentive and the front office seems as if they know you inside out... Most over, the General Manager is an amazing lady... Looks like she is your friend...!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our experience in General is Below expectation, The Hotel location, View and lobby are so poor, the food are not to the standard yet the prices are comparably so high, Spa service is not good and the charge are above range

Room Tip: The layout and furniture are good, lack of hands spray in WC and no Biddet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
THMD-GM, General Manager at Hotel Jen Male, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Missaibrah,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for sharing your feedback.

I regret to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectation and I would like to receive more details from you either by email at thmd@tradershotels.com or by phone at +960 3300 888.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Vathsala Subramaniam

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I cant say a great deal about this hotel unfortunately because of a Cosmos cock up! I paid over two hundred pounds to stay in this hotel for 4.5 hours, it was however very nice but I had no food there so I cant comment on that. The room was impeccable though it had the little extras including a really good quality hairdryer which to be fair is unusual, I just would love to have stayed long enough to see day light!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at Traders for over two months, so I got to know the hotel and staff pretty well. The place is very clean, quiet and comfortable, so you will not be disappointed. Unlike most hotels in the Maldives, they do not charge you for internet or the speedboat pickup at the airport. The staff are so nice it broke my heart to leave them! Thank you Traders for your hospitality and friendship.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingH0meb0dy
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent four nights at Trader on Male for a workshop.

While I don't like to stay on Male, Trader's is a great Oasis. The pool bar has yummy mocktails and excellent views.

Most of the staff were extremely professional and ready to assist in both workshop and accommodation related requests.

The seaview rooms are varied in how much you actually see of the sea. I upgraded to a seaview room, and was shown the available options first. Some rooms were nicer and bigger than what I was already in, however the seaview was angled. So I chose a smaller full sea facing room.

The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. The bathrooms are a pleasant surprise as they are more resort-like in their style, with more a lush toiletry array than a standard hotel and blinds that allow you you see out to the room from the shower.

The breakfast was a good buffet. The chef ensured I had gluten free bread available each morning (I advised ahead of arriving). The lunch and dinner menu was tasty (not exceptional) albeit a bit limited for my dietary requirements.

The hotel is a short walk to the ferry terminal, and offers some good snorkeling day trips that my colleagues took advantage of.

As the workshop organiser, I was impressed with the attention to detail and discrete service we received. We only had a minor hiccup with the internet, which was eventually sorted. The large meeting room comfortably accommodation 50 participants, however you have to be mindful of the structural columns at one end of the room in your planning.

Trader's provided an excellent conference package, including great room rates, which will really appreciated. The usual rooms rates, while cheap compared to being at a Maldives resort. I am basing my review value for money on if I paid the usual room rate.

Room Tip: A high up floor, with a sea view if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business