“Safe & clean Stay”
Review of Marble Hotel

Marble Hotel
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Male
Reviewed March 13, 2014

One of the most comfortable stays at Male. I and my girlfriend had visited Male last year and stayed at the Marble Hotel. Lovely building, elegantly done in authentic Male styling with some of the most traditional decors. We were here during last Christmas vacation and enjoyed our stay to the fullest. Not only are the rooms large and comfortable, they are very clean too. All new Linens, pillow covers, a brand new coffee maker and a large comfortable bed. The bathroom was well-stocked with complementary products and free bath-oils. Probably some herbs and beauty creams. The shower is large enough to accommodate three-four people. Room service was slightly slow but was accurate with our requirements. They followed instructions to the best of their abilities. Breakfast was served at the roof top cafeteria / Restaurant. The view was nice and enjoyable. The food was interesting mix of local and European cuisines. Though we opted for the local variants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marble Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here for a day. The staff was polite. Breakfast average. Rooms neat. Not a bad place if you have come here for business and not staying for more than a night or two. The location is good. They also arranged for a free pick up and drop off to the Jetty. All in all quite satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had returned back to the Marble Hotel, after my not-so-nice experience, just because the Hotel stands very close to the building where I often come for business. I was expecting that the Hotel must have improved on its standards, at-least considering the dollars it charges. Disappointing, it was still the same. Some amount of renovation atleast did help marginally. The rooms still did not have Hot water. The satellite television did not work in most rooms. The Hand-drying always has the board – ‘Out of service’ and the staffs never know what to do. They are somehow confused. And the worst of all, there’s no fixed tariff for the rooms. You need to literally bargain to a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We only booked this overnight hotel because we had to wait for the ferry to Maafushi. We wanted to take the 10 o'clock ferry the next day, but at the reception they told us there was only a ferry going at 15.00.
We were very dissapointed, because that meant we had to stay one more day in Male city (and there is nothing interesting to do for tourist in Male city, so you don't want that!).
We asked what we could do that day and they suggested a trip to another island (which turned out te be another male city....no bikini wear on the beach (so no swimming or relaxing) and just a dirty city with a lot of garbage everywhere!!
When we took the ferry to this other island, we also asked for the maafushi ferry and it turned out that it had left at 10 o'clock!!! We were so angry!!
We returned to the hotel and they didn't even say sorry. They just said they didn't know!! But how can you not know!! You are a reception of an hotel!!! You SHOULD know!!
THIS COST US A WHOLE DAY ON OUR RESORT IN MAAFUSHI!! And if you know prices in the Malediven, you know how bad this is.
Breakfast was the worst we had on our trip. The bathroom was smelly and the toilet was leaking.
Really not worth the money they ask for their hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed there two times and found it nice. Good location. People are relatively good but you need to ask them what you need. One has to bargain for price also. People working there are from different South Asian countries and can speak English and South Asian languages. Restaurant is located on the top of the roof and provides good food. They give pack luck breakfast if one is leaving the hotel before the breakfast starts.But request should made in advance. There are also other restaurant located nearby serving good food.

Room Tip: Sea activities can be seen from the room located at western side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gpojha
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went to Male on a budget and when I checked the rates of the Marble Hotel online I thought that the hotel would be able to fit into my wallet. I got there alone and got a king sized bed because they said they had that so I requested for one. When I got to my room I was a bit disappointed that the room was poorly maintained. I didn’t like the stains that was hovering the mirror. I looked at the toilet and didn’t even want to glance at it again because it wasn’t something I was looking forward too. I was really disappointed with the bathroom amenities because it didn’t fit my level of comfort and standard. Their complimentary towels didn’t do a good job either. I wonder when they would finish the renovations and I wonder if they would also give priority in updating their rooms and Internet services.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service at the marble cafe is really poor.. Took them forever to take the order even though only 2 people were at the whole cafe.we ordered for 2 machiato and 2 portions of meat balls.. After 20 mins when they served us they brought 1 machiato.(the waiter was surprised when we told we ordered for 2).after 30 mins of initial order they brought 2 portions of fried chicken wings instead of the meat balls..they accused us that we ordered for fried chicken wings. Since we were not happy with the service they agreed for a discount and when we got the bill there was no discount.(it was only the discount we would get anyways since we were staying at the hotelhotel which was 30%)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Neo C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
Hotel Jen Male
#2 of 11 in Hulhumale
Airport Beach Hotel
Airport Beach Hotel
#4 of 11 in Hulhumale

Been to Marble Hotel? Share your experiences!