“Go here for the steak” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pampas Grill & Bar

Pampas Grill & Bar
Ranked #283 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar, Argentinean, South American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The stunning space at the centre of Changkat Bukit Bintang features a “a la carte” menu that suits every palate, creative, modern and simple Argentinean Steakhouse Cuisine.THE PRIVATE DINING ROOMThe casual, vibrant and bustling space serves plates of rustic cuisine. In addition to accepting reservations, The Private Dining Room welcomes guest on a walk in basis.A separate level, allows the guest to wine and dine beyond Pampas hours with attach wine showcase at the top floor.DESIGNInspired by the rapid development at Changkat Bukit Bintang, Pampas was created 7 years ago. With the help and guidance today from fellow friend Zaini Zainul a well know architect, designer and artist having established his firm ZDR in Kuala Lumpur. We have set the mood with modern abstract paintings from Zaini's art gallery all around the restaurant.The paintings are playing a major role in every aspect of the dining experience. Open, elegant and filled with light. The dining room offers a view of Changkat Bukit Bintang with attach ‘al-fresco' seating outside. Both the dining room and private dining room are adorned with furniture and tableware from modernist, with a focus on simple and modern.
Malaysia
“Go here for the steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My colleague has been raving about the steaks at Pampas for ages so we decided to give it a try. At the time of our visit, there was a set menu which had prawns in chilli and garlic starter, tenderloin steak and a chocolate lava cake for dessert all for RM79 (or was it RM89). The steak was really good. Perfectly cooked and perfect taste

1 Thank becksangel7
Kana5, Public Relations Manager at Pampas Grill & Bar, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for visiting us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our food! Hope to welcome you back soon at Pampas Grill & Bar.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“To the management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Disclaimer: this is purely my personal opinions with no ill intentions.

What do you do when you are craving for some steaks after drinking with your friends? It's 12am and it's drizzling outside.. Fear not, we have Pampas!

I sat indoors as it was still raining outside, but the table settings have been removed from all the tables. No big deal. I sat down and ordered an Iced Lemon Tea and a Rib-eye Medium. As I was waiting for my steak, the staff came to place a fork and steak knife on the table. The steak knife was worn, evident of just how great the steaks are and countless of guests have enjoyed them.

I finished my drink as I waited for my steak for almost an hour. I purposely pushed away my empty glass to the other side of the table. The staff approached me, twice, to ask if I would like to have another drink. I said no, as I would like to wait for the steak and order a wine. Sadly, they left without taking the glass with them as soon as they heard my reply.

Finally, the steak arrived. On a square plate. Reminded me of a picture frame, nice touch. Reminded me of the various art pieces that decorated the dining area of Pampas. Oddly, one side of the wall is covered with a wallpaper that seemed to give you a headache if you stare at it for too long. Seemed to reflect certain disagreement among the management. Luckily I sat with my back facing it.

The steak was heavenly. Grilled to perfection. and the mushroom sauce was just as amazing. I asked for a refill and literally drank them like a soup.

Really, really great steak.

I guess what I am trying to say is. You have really great steaks and I am guessing not many on the street itself sells steak up to 2am? You should take advantage of this and make sure the floor and the kitchen is ready at all times to deliver. More knowledge for the staff: none of them knew anything about the art pieces on the wall and what is a serviette.

Sometimes it's just the small things that separate you from being number 1 on Tripadvisor. Cheers!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant after seeing many reviews and we were not disappointed.

The place was located along Changkit Bukit Bintang which has many restaurants and bars. The place was nice and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

They were offering a set menu when we went there .... starter with nice oriental grilled prawns, tenderloin for the main course and chocolate lava cake for dessert ... this set is for 88++ which was rather unbelievable for the quality of food in KL. My partner order a la carte ... ribeye for main and bread and butter pudding for dessert. The steaks were both cooked to perfection as we ordered and tasty. The best in town up to now for us for sure.

We have been to other steakhouses in KL where the steaks were not as good and more pricy.

We also had a nice bottle of Argentinian wine to compliment our meal ... perfect evening.

We we were leaving ... it was still raining and the restaurant provided us with an umbrella for us to walk back to our condo ... very nice touch indeed.

We definitely recommend this place for those who are steaks lover. We sure will be back :)

2 Thank Stapatt

Singapore
“Best steaks in Kuala Lumpur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Pampas is the place to go for great steaks. After the disappointment we had at the other steakhouse, I would say, I will definitely come back to Pampas whenever I crave for steaks.

The steaks were all done perfectly according to what we ordered. Taste were really awesome and it's every ringgit that we paid for.

Excellent service as well and we really enjoyed the musics being played throughout our dinner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Wendy C

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great steaks at a low price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here with some coworkers for a late dinner. All agreed that the steaks were of very good quality and all cooked to correct ordered doneness (which is impressive considering there were 14 of us).

The suggested wine was good as well.

• Visited April 2013