“Kinnnnnna........disappointed as a japanese food lover”
Review of Zipangu

Zipangu
Ranked #81 of 4,683 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zipangu is the up-market, trendy, Japanese style Brasserie located on the first floor of the hotel. A la carte menu featuring authentic Japanese dishes as well as teppanyaki, sushi, sashimi are prepared by Japanese Chef, Hiroaki Karasawa and served in this modern and Zen style designed environment.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was lucky to be invited by my friends to try out Japanese Food in Zipangu, Shangri-La KL. Everything was so good from the ambiance, to the service and to the menu. I was happy at the beginning but left with lots of disappointment.

What's wrong the food? The Sashimi is good. But my friends and I was so disappointed especially the most important Garlic Rice. So we didn't finish up the food that we had ordered yet we paid so much for it and left the restaurant.

3  Thank TiffanyLing

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Japanese restaurant located in the Shangra-la KL.

Nice setting for a business lunch. I took four clients and the bill came to around US$250.00 with no drinks. Set menu's were good quality and some reasonably priced. We ordered 3 x mini-Sashimi and mini-tempura which added a good chunk to the bill, if I went again I would skip these and stick to the mains.

Service is excellent.

Citibank credit card gets you 25% off the bill (at time of writing) which was a very nice surprise!

3  Thank Jimmy D
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were lucky to be invited for dinner at Zipangu Japanese restaurant down at Shangri La Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Usually Japanese food are quite similar everywhere you go but Zipangu had a twist in ambiance, freshness of ingredients and sensational blend of taste in every dish that was presented well.

I love the setting of an open kitchen where you can watch the chefs in action. To see such passionate moments in a chef preparing a meal is something I really enjoy. We had a few dishes to sample but my favorite was the ebi tempura. I have had many ebi tempura in my time but this was different. The freshness of the prawns went hand in hand with the tasty tempura. Crispy and bursting with flavors. Next was my ultimate choice braised marinated chicken with simmered daikon raddish soup. Yummylicious.! Our overall experience will definitely bring us back for our next visit.

3  Thank Patiencegin
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is the best Japanese restaurant we've ever been to. We had dinner at Zipangu twice in a week as we were so delighted with that restaurant that we couldn't dare to pick another
Japanese restaurant in town. This is a design restaurant realized by the Tokyo-based firm Super Potato, but ambience is stunning without being pretentious. The entrance is amazing with huge see-through walk in wine and sake cellar, dining room is sleek and elegant, plus food comes in the loveliest china.
We ate the most unbelievably fresh and tasty sashimi and sushi (sweet shrimps, salmon, red tuna, caviar, delicious spicy rolls) wonderful udon noodle and perfectly cooked scallops. Believe me, words cannot describe the incredible, memorable culinary experience we had at Zipangu. Our congratulation to all the staff and particularly to chef Charly for the exceptional sushi and sashimi premium mix he made for us!

4  Thank Stefania_P_11_11
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent Japanese Restaurant situated in the Shangri La Hotel. The menu was varied and all the dishes we tried were well presented and delicious, the set Teppanyaki Course option provided a particularly good variety of dishes. We were made to feel most welcome and the staff were very attentive. A little pricey but definitely worth a visit if you like Japanese food.

3  Thank GastrodontUK