Tripadvisor

“Family Dinner”

IPPUDO Bangsar Shopping Centre
Ranked #385 of 5,938 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family has been coming here for years! Food quality is always amazing and staff are super friendly, decent to large size meals and decently priced! They have an indoor/outdoor section depending on your preference, they also have a couple TV screens showing either the news or sports which is nice

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank JPizz_86
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed November 7, 2019 via mobile

I had a business meeting cum dinner here. They serve one of the best ramen. I ordered the spicy version and found it excellent. The soup is very rich and tasty
Their shoba is also very good.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank JamesKMTan
Reviewed October 5, 2019

We came for the Ipuddo Ramen. The traditional Ramen soup was tasty. The special 'ramen' not on the main menu and Gyoza were ok. Staff service standard varied, depending with whom you interacted with.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank DrJZ
Reviewed May 13, 2019

I was looking forward to enjoying a Mother's Day lunch with my husband at this restaurant. I had not been to this joint in Malaysia before although I have been to the one in Japan. However, my experience was below par.

We both ordered a ramen each and had asked for plain drinking water. The waiter informed us that the restaurant charges RM3.30 for 'Ippudo drinking water' which we assumed was bottled water. We clarified that we only wanted tap or filter water. We were then told that whatever water we order - whether hot or cold or iced, we would incur the same charge - ie RM3.30. We thought it was ridiculous to pay so much for water and decided to order Green Tea instead which costs about RM5.50 per pot.

We later observed that other patrons who ordered water were served drinking water in glasses. Nothing fancy. Just plain ole drinking water. Not Evian, Not San Pellegrino. Just "Ippudo Drinking Water".

I would not return to this establishment because as a matter of principle, I do not support businesses who choose to rip their customers off by charging them exorbitant prices for water. I would accept (begrudgingly, no doubt) a minimum charge for water. But anything more than RM1.50 is daylight robbery considering my research which shows that it would cost these establishments no more than RM2.30 for 1,000 litres of water! Imagine the profit-margins these greedy businessmen are making!

Food itself was alright, nothing extraordinary. I have had better ramen. The pork bun was decent and was probably the highlight of my experience.

I certainly will not be going back to support them and would ask you to consider looking elsewhere for your ramen or Japanese food fix until they reconsider their prices for plain drinking water.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2019

I think it's hard to find Japanese noodles similar to Japan. We still do not have Tsurutontan in Malaysia which is by far the best noodle restaurant eventhough its Udon and not Ramen with 2 hour ques at Haneda Airport which people wait for before their flight arriving early at the airport just for this restaurant. But Ippudo in BSC was very good though only 2 slices of meat which I think really should be at least 3-5 slices like Singapore, the ramen broth is lighter and feels healthier to eat. Overall the prices are high but it is Bangsar. The salmon salad was so refreshing and another unique dish is their 'meat bun'. Even their fried rice which I never order as a choice amongst a Japanese menu made me hungry to try as it looked and it did taste so good. The only place I'll order Japanese fried rice! Insane!

Date of visit: January 2019