“Tempting foods” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madam Kwan's

Madam Kwan's
Ranked #44 of 3,997 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Tempting foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Everytime i went to KLCC and wanted to find a place to eat, i will straight go to Madam Kwan's... If you are lucky, you will not have to line up... I almost love all the dishes, and their teh tarik is certainly thumbs up!

Visited May 2013

• Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Never regret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food, Great value, Great customer service.

I've been to madam kwan's since 2009. been to branch in Midvalley, empire and KLCC. Char kuey teaw was absolutely my first choice whenever i have a meal at madam kwan's.

Visited April 2013
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Convenient and filling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Arriving in KL too late on a Saturday evenng to eat anywhere special, we found that this was virtually the only restaurant still open in the Suria shopping complex adjacent to our hotel. Like any other fast food outlet there was some debris on the floor but despite the restaurant being full the table was wiped clean (twice) on our arrival and glasses of water brought almost immediately. Most of those eating were locals and the food was reasonably priced by western if not KL standards. (Our total bill came to about £35.) We tried both the chicken and beef satay. Each consisted of 6 very large skewers and came with a good, spicy peanut sauce. My main course was the house speciality - a large plate of coconut-flavoured rice, chicken curry, shrimp floss and a dried anchovy sambal. My wife's choice of noodles with large prawn contained just one crustacean, but a giant - in the UK this would have been sold as a lobster! Spicing throughout was hot but not excessively so - a saucer of chillies was provided for anyone needing something more fiery.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“A Disgrace to Malaysia”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Service was horrible! There wasn't much people in the restaurant and the lady up front was so fierce! Such bad mannered! It's like she doesn't even want customers. She rudely asked us to wait for 20 minutes. When it was finally our turn to get a table, it took me 5 times to get some attention from the waiter. I ordered nasi lemak and when it got here, it tasted so bad till I was force to eat some of it to quench my hunger. The rice was undercooked, the chicken was overcooked and the flavors are really disappointing for me. Could say that I wont even consider to go there again in my life.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank ChristinePeace
Perth, Australia
“Fast and Fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Madam Kwans is in the Suria Shopping Complex under the Petronas Towers. Although it was extremely busy the night we went we only had to wait for 10 mins. for a table. The service was good and the food excellant. Seemed to be very popular with the locals so the food must be good.

Visited June 2013