“First time breakfast at Le Meridien”
Review of Latest Recipe

Latest Recipe
Ranked #43 of 5,525 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Latest Recipe, diners can indulge in popular dishes that are prepared 'a la minute' (which means 'in a minute' literally) with personalised and individual servings of Malay, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Western delights. Just watching the chefs in action as they dish out freshly cooked and piping hot food is enough to sharpen appetites for more good things to come. Unlike the usual buffet restaurants, there are no bulky chafing dishes in sight. Instead, the food is presented in cast iron pans, woks, chinaware or served in individual portions. Fans of Indian cuisine will revel in the Tandoori chicken, lamb, prawn with naan and other North Indian specialties. Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki and many more exotic Japanese dishes are served daily. Dim Sum baskets are piled high next to piping hot noodles and fragrant stir-fries at the Chinese section whilst authentic BBQ seafood lines the Malay open kitchen. Desserts are a feast to the senses with decadent sweets including the Chocolate Fountain and the ever popular Teppanyaki Ice-Cream.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am staying here with my 4 children including 1 infant. The staff are very helpful as I have 2 months old infant, they helped me bringing my food to the table. They are also very warm and attentive as well.
I told my husband, this gonna be my place to stay from now on whenever I have stop over in Kuala Lumpur especially when I travel solo with kids.

The selection of the food is vast. I was so impressed they also serve kuih melayu which very rare to find from my personal experience whenever I have breakfast at the hotel. I sampled ‘karipap pusing’ Which is very crispy and nice filling, as well as ‘pulut panggang’ which also taste delicious just like kampung style and taste. Another highlight is they also have candy bar which added the value for the children. I also like that they serve the little ice gem biscuit which reminded me of my childhood. As for someone living in overseas and have a quick stopover, it’s so satisfying to be able to enjoy something that hardly can find while living abroad.

Last but not least, special appreciation to one of the breakfast team, Suman, for helping me having such a pleasant breakfast experience with my 2 months old infant. With such warm service, I definitely recommended this hotel and will come back again.

Thanks ya’ll!

Great job!

Date of visit: June 2019
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Latest Recipe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Zzharding,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time here at Latest Recipe with your children during your recent staycation. Creating memorable moments of delights is our aim and we are delighted that you enjoyed the 'karipap pusing' and 'pulut panggang' while you were here. The ice gem biscuit does bring back memories to us too! Your compliments towards Suman will surely be shared with him and we are proud to have him with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 2nd time here and this time for buffet lunch. I love the salad and soup selection a lot. The crispy bread accompanying the soup is just perfect. I'm pretty disappointed with the extremely salty Japanese soup though. Service is excellent as staffs clear the old plates quickly. The black Illy coffee is pretty good. It gets very busy during lunch time. It's best to reserve your table if you're coming in large group.

Dear stargazer99tang,

Warmest greetings and thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. The team and I are delighted to hear that you loved the salad and soup selection presented at Latest Recipe. Your compliments on the crispy bread along with the soup is greatly appreciate and we will surely be sharing it with the team who has worked hard to ensure only the best is presented. Nevertheless, the sentiments on the Japanese soup has been noted for improvements. It has been a pleasure to have you here and we take all comments seriously with the intention to be better.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We use to stay at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur during our trips to Malaysia any it’s our favorite Hotel along.

Latest Recipe provides a vide selection of food nor breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet.

The Staff is very polite and very accommodating.

But unfortunately the Indian chef in charge is very arrogant and scolds his team in a very impolite way.
He should learn the meaning of respect.

Dear Cagliostro-Intus,

Warmest greetings and thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your continuous support in staying at Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur during your trip here. The team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the wide selection of food during breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Your generous compliments has further motivated our team to always present only the best to our guests. Moving forward, the sentiments shared has been noted for improvements. It has been a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Great food and excellent variety. Food arrangement is well organised for easy reach. Suman offered efficient service and he was charming

Date of visit: June 2019
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Latest Recipe, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear FrancisG1496,

Warmest greetings and thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the the food selections and arrangements at Latest Recipe. Your compliments will surely be shared with the team who has worked hard to ensure you have a wonderful time here. Suman is indeed a great team player and his humble service delivery is greatly appreciated. It is a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

The breakfast buffet has a tonne of variety, helps you pick different cuisine if staying for a long period of time. Suman, one of the staff who served me was very kind, warm and helpful. overall service is wonderful!

Date of visit: June 2019
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Latest Recipe, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear nandinikmurthy,

Warmest greetings and we are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time at Latest Recipe. The breakfast buffet spread has been specially crafted and we are delighted that you were well taken care by Suman. He is indeed a kind, warm and helpful team player and we are proud to have him on board. It is our privilege to have him here and we look forward to welcoming you back!