“Mrs”

Ranked #50 of 5,470 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Latest Recipe, diners can indulge in popular dishes that are prepared 'a la minute' (which means 'in a minute' literally) with personalised and individual servings of Malay, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Western delights. Just watching the chefs in action as they dish out freshly cooked and piping hot food is enough to sharpen appetites for more good things to come. Unlike the usual buffet restaurants, there are no bulky chafing dishes in sight. Instead, the food is presented in cast iron pans, woks, chinaware or served in individual portions. Fans of Indian cuisine will revel in the Tandoori chicken, lamb, prawn with naan and other North Indian specialties. Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki and many more exotic Japanese dishes are served daily. Dim Sum baskets are piled high next to piping hot noodles and fragrant stir-fries at the Chinese section whilst authentic BBQ seafood lines the Malay open kitchen. Desserts are a feast to the senses with decadent sweets including the Chocolate Fountain and the ever popular Teppanyaki Ice-Cream.
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

Was there with friends for buffet dinner . My second visit for this month . Good spread of delicious food . Would like to compliment floor staff , Hafizi , for his friendly & attentive service .

Date of visit: April 2019
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Latest Recipe, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Dear mimiyap,

Welcome back and thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor! We will surely convey your positive comments to Hafizi, who has assisted you throughout your dining experience here, and the the team of chefs who has worked hard to prepare the buffet spread. It is wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic time here.

We look forward to your next return at Latest Recipe.

Best regards,
Michael Delargy

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

The staff and service at The Latest Recipe are excellent. I stay at Le Meridien for businesses, and the service at the breakfast buffet make the stay and experience very enjoyable.
Hafizi was very tentative and made sure I was enjoying my breakfast and helped in any way possible.
Thank you.

1  Thank clarecorajoy
Reviewed April 22, 2019

We had breakfast there and it was great..
The restaurant is busy but spacious enough for you not to feel the crowd.
The food spread is good and service was great.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

As a Marriott platinum member I use this hotel frequently. The service provided by staff has always been excellent. The quality and variety of breakfast options nothing short of amazing!
Always a pleasure to be greeted at the entrance by a friendly Manager, whose name I think is Ravi. Infact all members of staff are friendly and efficient.
Well done in maintaining such high standards in a place that is always busy!

Reviewed April 15, 2019

It was a mad rush for breakfast buffet as I arrived there with my friend at 9.50am and it closes at 1030am. I was hoping to get a quick bite to fill our morning tummies before we head back into the city for out holiday.We were on a "tourist in your own city" excursion. I suggested Le Meridien's Latest Recipe not because of it's review. To be truthful, i hardly read any but my heart was rooting for Hilton. But we ended up at Latest Recipe. Upon arriving at the lobby, we look rather rushed but everyone who saw us took it upon them to greet us Good Morning! That itself is so welcoming and then we reached the Latest Recipe and the Manager told us we have less then 30 minutes to eat and well that's the objective. Fill our tummies only.
But the moment we got to taste the food, although we know its been served since early morning, it caught us by a pleasant surprise.... its like just cooked. at 10am, Nasi Lemak is still steamy and pile up a hill, warm and soft rice, the Rendang Ayam was HEAVENLY and that is one reason I intend to visit again for lunch and from a tummy filling exercise, I savour every dish I took from the buffet line. The sausages were excellent and they serve frankfurters too..I mean...the effort to make frankfurters! There was a whole roasted chicken, yet to be carved. Sushi, Congee, Dim Sum, and a Health Section of fresh fruits, meuslies and the list goes on....I can rant on but please make it a MUST TRY and try me by this tip, be nice, very nice to the staff there and you shall too be pleasantly surprised and rewarded. They understand, they welcome and truly, a service..no not service...a gesture of true hospitality that warrants return upon return! Kudos to Andy, Dinesh and Salim! You made it all so special!