“Best indian prawn curry leave dish!”
Review of Royal India

Royal India
Ranked #3,114 of 4,125 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Royal India, the epitome of Northern Indian dining. Quaintly nestled within Pavilion in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, guests are invited to experience idyllic tranquillity in the midst of the urban concrete jungle. Royal India offers a more sophisticated dining experience accompanied by authentic North Indian cuisine with time-honoured recipes and exotic flavours to arouse the palate and delight the senses the way it was offered to the Maharajahs of India from the days of old.
“Best indian prawn curry leave dish!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hi,

i had the pleasure of trying this restaurant on Saturday and i had to say it was a pleasant suprise to me considering some of the reviews. My wife and friends went over to Pavilion to meet up with some friends and head for dinner. My wife had a craving for curry so we decided to step into Spice of India. I have to say prawn curry leave / jhinga masala was the best i have tasted. This is probably one of the best indian restaurants in Kuala Lumpur serving this dish. We also had an assorted bread basket, some lamb biryani, Bendhi Masala, all this dishes were good. Service was satisfactory, the waiters pleasant, to be fair the were not 5star quality but they genuinely attempted to serve you. All in all a great place for curry. We will be back.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank chillARF

• Korean first
Doha, Qatar
“Horrible food dont go!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The food is beyong terrible. Tasteless and lacks any flavor and ambiance. I ordered the mutton biryani and does not have the quality and character of Indian food.

1 Thank Halawala
Melbourne, Australia
“Food Poisoning, Bad Service & Too Pricy!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been suffering food poisoning for the last three days after eating from this place. My companion having similar upsets to me as well.

The staff were unfriendly, more interested on talking/texting on their phones and didn't seem to be able to listen to orders such as "please bring the drinks out with the food". The view of Pavilion is nice but that is all it has going for it.

I feel like I was economically reamed by this place and I never ever want to see Indian food again.

• Visited November 2012
Carrickfergus
“Warm Orange Cold Plates no Lettuce”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hi was very disappointed by generally everything. Ordered Fresh orange juice was actually hot. . My husband asked for a glass of ice and were met by surprised looks. The service was pretty bad they had no knowledge of the menu and the waitress uniform was more applicable to pole dancers. Would have been nice to see them dressed in more traditional Indian costume.
The food was lukewarm and not of a good standard my husband had to send the Food back to be heated wasn't much better when we got it back. To make matters worse the plates were cold and when we asked for warm plates they said they didnt have any.
Also I ordered julabs and masala tea which I wanted together they brought the sweet no tea then 40 minutes later I was informed there was no tea ! Pity they hadn't told me at the start.
I could go on with more complaints but I think you should have got the idea by now. Also to me bit overpriced for very average food. Pity as the location is nice in the Pavillion shopping centre.
By the way if you order a salad don't expect lettuce even though it is in the photo on the menu.

• Visited October 2012
Raipur, India
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am quite surprised with bad reviews of this place. This place serves authentic Indian food of very good quality, rich flavors and correctly priced. Though the restaurant seems to be empty always, not sure what is the reason. Probably being in the top floor of a large mall goes against it.
1st time we tried veg-biryani and paneer tikka (starter) and it was bang on flavors. Ambience is great and Service is also prompt. So we decided to come here again within 2 days and tried Tandoori Roti, Paneer Tikka Masala and Dal Makhani. Everything was perfect and attention was paid to each and every request. Roti was fresh and crispy, Paneer was medium spicy and Dal makhni was top class.
Overall a must visit if you are in KL around Bukit-bintang area and dying for some Indian food. The only question is, if you are slightly far away will you take the pain to come all the way here, park your car in this big mall and then come to the top floor. Not sure of answer to do that.

• Visited February 2012