“Great”

Ranked #186 of 5,707 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Asian, International, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the prestigious Bangsar Shopping Centre, WIP is an international lifestyle destination with a coastal resort ambience. It's urban-tropic garden design provides the perfect ambience for an exceptional relaxing experience. Luscious cuisine featuring a hearty selection of Western, Asian and Northern Indian cuisine will more than satisfy the palate. The Clam Bar complements with innovative cocktails, premium champagnes, wines, spirits and features KL's widest range of Mojitos. All these coupled with high service standards translate to all the right ingredients in making WIP a firm favourite.
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

This is a great place for food n drinks. The food taste the same since its open. The cocktails are great and always have happy hour.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

After a long week we thought we should enjoy a long Friday lunch. Headed to WIP in Bangsar so we could have some time out.

We opted for the bar snacks/small plates which was perfect for the different tastes in our group. Fantastic choice, really well cooked/presented and the service was good from all of the staff.

Will definitely return on my next visit to KL.

Reviewed December 26, 2018

Was here to join the Christmas Eve dinner buffet and I was not disappointed at all! The place and atmosphere is amazing and the food selection was unexpected in a positive way! They had aged tomahawk, beef, lamb, seabass and even lobster pasta! for the price that we're paying for it's definitely worth it!

The cocktails here (especially the mojito) are amazing! I highly recommend the Lychee Mojito and the service here is great as well!

Reviewed December 9, 2018

My wife and I were invited by our friends to lunch at the above restaurant, a first experience for us at this almost sprawling eatery, with lots of places to 'seat' oneself, either outside (along Jalan Maarof) or the quieter, but air-conditioned environs of the interior of the restaurant.

My wife ordered an Indian 'mutton varuval' dish, which arrived with rice on the side (by special request, in place of the bread offered) and I ordered sea-bass with boiled potatoes (which I replaced for french fries) and beans. It turned out that both dishes were exquisite in taste, and we felt the food was freshly cooked, and served in an elegant style by ever attentive waiters.

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised at the very reasonable prices, as most other 'listed' restaurants in the Bangsar area are noted for high prices.

Reviewed November 29, 2018 via mobile

Went with a group of 9 friends. WIP was by far the visst upmarket and busiest restaurant in the BSc and the vibe was good. DJ was doing the business at a decent volume, decor and ambiance was very upmarket and the pace was buzzing whilst every other establishment around it was dead by comparison. Started off with happy hour cocktails which were actually very good and somewhat potent and, thankfully, using quality top shelf alcohol. Food delivered dish by dish over a period of 25 minutes, which is quite common in SE Asia, but can be annoying for polite European diners waiting 25 min for everyone to get their food before they can get stuck into their now room temperature steak. Prices are low by global standards but high for KL at almost RM30 a beer and roughly RM30 a main meal, but my dish, the vegetarian tiffin was one of the best meals I had in 2018 period. It was perfect and well worth the money. The only items that weren't up to par or expectation were the pizza (but that's a common problem in KL) and the morrocan meatballs which were not substantial enough to qualify as a main. Overall though I personally will make it a regular pit stop when I'm In KL, because it's classy and cool and that vegetarian tiffin... was just to die for. Well done WIP, I'll see you again.

Date of visit: November 2018