“Great Venue for Music lovers!”

Dewan Filharmonik Petronas
More attraction details
Owner description: Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS, located in the middle of the PETRONAS Twin Towers, is a concert hall dedicated to classical music. Home to the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. Follow us: Facebook & Instagram (Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra)
Singapore, Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Venue for Music lovers!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The architecture, the seats and the general location were all good and it was a nice treat to see the MPO in its home

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Bathurst NSW
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Beautiful concert hall. Very poor staff service.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Okay, let me say one thing. DO NOT TRY AND TAKE A PHOTO INSIDE THE CONCERT HALL.
Even though they tell you not to take photos in the auditorium, they actually mean the concert hall. Silly me. But although this was a misunderstanding (i guess on my part as I didn't consider the hall to be the auditorium) I was made to feel like a common criminal, with staff watching my every move. Geeeezzzee - just go on Google Images for goodness sake, why all the drama? We're proud for anyone to take photos inside our Opera House in Sydney!

The MPO standard was good, though not of the standard we were used to in Europe. Still good though, and (apart from the nazi staff) thoroughly enjoyed the concert.

I had tickets booked for another concert two weeks later, which they cancelled. They told me they sent an email, which I did not receive (not even quarantined or spam filtered) so I stand by them not advising me. They were firm on issuing me another alternative concert, which was useless to me as we were flying home the following day! Standing my ground, and 45 minutes later, and 8 phone calls by the staff, I got a refund, and walked out.

Beautiful concert hall. Shame about the staff.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank jpmorris
Kuala lumpur
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Lovely concert hall”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have recently moved to KL and have twice been to hear the MPO in this lovely hall. Great orchestra - very happy to hear them and will continue to go to hear them as well as the Youth Orchestra

Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
226 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 561 helpful votes
“i paid money to attend a concert here.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

my verdict? It was of international standard but i felt the concert hall as a performance venue was inadequate.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank singlish_sg
Adelaide
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“SYMPHONIE ESPAGNOLE in the most Beautiful Opera House”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were in KL for a week and were fortunate to attend this concert on 23rd November 2013. The guest violinist was superb and backed up by the wonderful Dewan Filharmonik. It was a privilege to attend such a beautiful venue with great seats (Box A, seats 1 & 2). My only disappointment was that it was all over too soon. This is a must for all visitors to this great city.

Visited November 2013