“Absence does not make the taste buds grow fonder”
Review of Sin Kee Restaurant

Sin Kee Restaurant
Ranked #592 of 4,499 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Till this day I remember the great food we had at our school canteen - nasi ayam Mat Ali, mee jawa, ikan bilis bun... But someone remarked that our taste perception may change over the years. I never went back to my school for the food, but I paid Sin Kee after a very long time, 6 - 8 years?

The signature dish here is man fan (a rice dish with everything in - pork, prawns, etc.). I used to look forward to it, but this time, it was just average.

As I was with friends, we shared other dishes - fried rice (quite nice), kangkung (I was expecting belachan and chilli sambal, but when it came it did not look like there was any chilli), pork cutlets and sambal prawns. Nothing much to complain about, but nothing much to rave about either. There are many other places that serve tastier Chinese food, but maybe that's just me. I asked one of my friends if he would return and he said yes.

Service is fast. We were there about 1ish in the afternoon. We managed to get a table immediately but the place can be very packed, so come in early before 12, or late after 1.30. Even though it was blisteringly hot outside, the restaurant was cool and comfortable, and did not have that grease smell that sticks to your clothes.

The location is convenient for those who do not own cars. It's walking distance from KL Sentral (Putra LRT and KTM) and the monorail station. Parking could be difficult, unless you park at KL Sentral or surrounding skyscrapers. We did and illegal (hey, I was't driving) and was lucky not to get a ticket.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Try the hainanese chicken chop and pork chops here. They are prepared in the local style and are very good.

Add a dollop of Maggi chilli sause on the side.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very good Chinese food at very reasonable price in Briekfields.
Highly recommended for a simple dinner. Don't expect 5 stars service but only great food.

1  Thank Luckyluketorino
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The food is very usually freshly cooked and the taste is still good as same from my previous visit. Just you need to be early there as the Restaurant closes early by 09:40PM. High recommended Restaurant nearby KL Sentral /Brickfields. It serve all kind of chinese food.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Have eaten at this restaurant 30 years. Standards still as good. The fish (wan yee) with minced ginger is still cheap and good. Vegies fresh and lightly fried. Excellent location near monorail, opp KL Sentral.

2  Thank manitree