“confused identity”

Ranked #1,272 of 4,495 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

promoted as the best tapas restaurant in KL, I beg to differ! For Tapas, and atmosphere, Pinchos knocks the spots of this place, which doesn't seem to have decided quite what it wants to be. Tiny portions of beautifully presented but unfortunately not very tasty food come at a premium price for tapas, then there is a whole confused menu of pasta, steaks and other dishes. I've always found the best restaurants do something really well. This place does a lot of stuff in an average way. The pasta was not a good texture, and the flavours were weak. I've had better calamari in at least 3 places in KL and I make better pate myself. Disappointing, dark, 'cool' service, and a bit of an attitude when making requests or paying. Unless you live in the close area, I wouldn't make a trek here!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I frequent Cava quite often and I would have to say having been to a few Spanish restaurants around KL, this is still my favorite. The tapas selection is excellent - i would recommend lamb meatballs and portabello mushroom. They go well with the Sangria. I like their mains selection - from paella to pastas. I love their Valencia paella. Ambiance is good and ample parking space. It's been my favorite restaurant over the last 5 years. Service is excellent, they have good memories and seems to remember almost all their regular customers.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went there for my wife's birthday. Started of with their white Sangria which was fantastic! then ordered the Chickend & Mushrooms with Orange avioli which was absolutely delicious! Their Lamb Boulette and Grilled Spiced Chicked however were average, in fact the tomato relish on the chicken was excessive and a bit burnt, spoiling the mood. However we did get a desert on the house, a very tasty chocolate dream with a candle on it for my wife's birthday!

1  Thank Shankarii
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've just discovered Cava at Jalan Bangkung, and love it! It's a smally, cozy restaurant with excellent service and great steaks! Nice place for a romantic dinner or date.

I've been here twice -- the second time was to come back for the steaks! Lovely, tender sirloin steaks cooked medium well with a variety of gravy to choose from. The steak is not a thick slab, just the right size. When you take your knife to cut it, it just cuts so easily. Tastes good on its own, without the gravy.

It's served with broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower and french fries (this last bit is not so fine dining, eh? but we love our carbs too). The plate is drizzled with pink peppercorns (crunchy, slightly sweet) and some cheezy thing (also not what you'd expect on the plate, but nice just the same!). My husband literally polished the plate clean, eating everything, even the garnish!

We also ordered some tapas: white clams, black mussels, portobello mushrooms -- all very, very good, especially the mushrooms. We also had the prawns, but that wasn't to our expectations.

Give yourself a treat and finish off the meal with the chocolate dream (a warm chocolate cake with soft chocolate centre oozing out). It takes about 20 minutes to prepare this so order in advance. Skip the creme brulee.

The only gripe I had was that the place was a bit noisy because there was a big group of friends there dining together, but when the food came, they all became silent!

1  Thank EnaRamli
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This place was recommended by a friend, so we decided to go there for a birthday celebration dinner. Loved the tapas we had - all yummy, especially the lamb meatballs and assorted mushrooms. The mains were also lovely - lamb cutlets, lobster and cod, halibut. I would stay away from one of the chicken dishes though (Spicy something) - seemed to be covered in way too much tomato based gravy. The taste was ok, but after a few mouthfulls, you'd feel like you've had enough of it. For dessert, try the sticky date and banana pudding. Although not as good as some of the sticky date puddings I've had elsewhere, this one was pretty good. The only issue I had was with the lighting. The walls are painted red/pink, so with the yellow lighting, it can be quite irritating, but other than that, everything was great. The staff were also very friendly. Smiles all around.

2  Thank Travelicious_K