“Not sure if it's same as b4” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tamarind Hill Kuala Lumpur By Samadhi

Tamarind Hill Kuala Lumpur By Samadhi
Ranked #22 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Burmese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Not sure if it's same as b4”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Havent had a chance to revisit Tamarind Hill but 1st experience there some years back was good. Entering the place brings you into another world altogether.

Tokyo, Japan
“The mosquitoes had me for dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I loved the decor and the menu was interesting, but the staff, the service was not there. Hmm typical in KL... More importantly, I got mosquitoes feasting on me. I was their dinner!

• Visited May 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced foods”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice place and ambiance, however the food was way too expensive, for example a Cat fish, it will cost you RM 48 - 58 +/-

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ain R
United Kingdom
“Something of an oasis in the heart of KL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We ate outside something of a treat among the bustle and high rises of KL. The entire place is decked out in artisan style dark wood and plenty of luxuriant foliage. Menu is broadly Thai based, with other regional elements. The food is good, not spectacular. It is pretty standard (but tasty) Thai - I did not see the high end fusion which some reviewers talk of. But the overall experience is relaxed and worthwhile. Some of the curries and the fish dishes were particularly good.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D j R
Singapore
“Great for a special occasion!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I went there with my brother and sister-in-law. Took us about 45 minutes in rush hour which wasn't bad by KL standards! Like the other reviewers said Tamarind Hills felt completely removed from the busy city life and was such a refreshing change. We had a walk around both parts of the restaurants and settled on Indo/Chinese. Although it was a weekday, the best tables were already taken. I loved the atmosphere and the quiet vibe of the place. The food was good too. We had 3 mains with rice and drinks .. price was a bit pricy (about 200 malaysian) but considering the location you pay for that.
Overall, a good experience, will do it again, maybe once or twice a year for a special occasion only :)
Tip: Go early in the evening so you can enjoy the place before the sun sets :) We went around 630pm. Also, like one other reviewer mentioned, a pushy waiter came to us and was trying to get us to order who knows what but I declined and ordered by myself. Honestly, they should leave us alone unless we ask - dont' you think?

• Visited February 2012