“Reasonable price for steak lovers ”
Review of Las Vacas

Las Vacas
Ranked #752 of 5,533 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We were looking for D Empire restaurant in Pavilion KL and stumbled into this one. After comparing the menu, we went for more good looking meat. And we didn’t have to regret that. It was the best steak we’ve had for awhile. We both ordered 300g of grain fed striploin each. The waiter showed us the meat before the chef cooked it. The cut looked great and fresh. My boyfriend ordered medium and I ordered medium well. I was afraid my steak would be dry but both of our steak turned out pretty nice and perfect. The meat quality was premium as they stated. For the side orders, we got fries and mushroom, both were nice as well. The steak came with salad and few pieces of bread. The only thing we didn’t like was their limited drink menu. We both don’t drink alcohol so we were looking for fruit juice. We paid about 50 usd for our dinner, they charged the meat based on the given price for grams and charged like 20 MYR for cooking the meat. Our bill seemed cheaper than other reviews, may be because we only had steak, 2 sides, and drink. I think this might be the cheapest and the most tasty steak I’ve had in Asia.
The place is big but seemed quite at dinner time.
I will come back to this one whenever I visit KL.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank JennyDo

Reviewed February 1, 2019

Las Vacas not only offered good steak, you can also purchase raw meats at reasonable price. Located inside the Pavillion shopping mall (next to TGI Fridays), the steaks were good and cooked to perfection. Staff is also attentive and nice. Highly recommended for the carnivores out there.

Reviewed January 16, 2019

Ambience: Visited the air-conditioned outlet within Pavilion Mall. Free seating, large and spacious. Tables aren’t clustered or cramped. Very comfortable seating space around (they have sofa benches!), panoramic glass window view at the side. Place is large and hence never crowded so far from past 2 visits.

Staff service: Just a hand-raise and the staff will come over to take your orders. Staff are readily available, able to explain the dishes as well as ordering system well (ie ordering lamb chops required a minimum quantity and serving and was confusing on the menu). You can pop by their display counter to pick your meat if you choose to. Nil VAT!

Food: Ordered the beef ribs, lamb chops, salmon fillet, grilled chicken, spinach and ricotta, mozzarella sticks. This was over 2 visit. Everything was good. Lamb chops and meat cooked in salt and minimal pepper, but was slightly charred on the edges and that was a slight downer. It was still tender overall. Beef ribs was moist and soft, accompanying sauce was on the sweeter side and would have preferred good old barbecue sauce (like Tony Roma’s type) instead. Salmon fillet was perfectly cooked, good sides accompanying. Spinach and ricotta looked mushy at first but was really good. Mozzarella sticks was perfectly coated and fried/baked, perfect for sharing. Grilled chicken was moist, succulent and perfectly grilled, with perfect breadsticks as sides.a

Conclusion: Good place if you are craving for halal alternatives to Tony Roma’s and still get good value and choice of meat cuts. Fantastic service and ambience. Would rate it 4.5-5*. A must try!

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

This review is for the Vacas Meat Shop in Pavilion KL. Was hesitant at first to go in as the place was quite empty for dinner, but was not unusual given I was there around 6pm. Was led to a display case to choose my meat and selected the grass fed ribeye cooked medium, added mashed potato on the side. Gave me a window seat with a nice view of the city. They added a cooking charge of RM20 to the steak sticker price, be warned. Service by the teenage waiter was pleasant and he checked on my meal to see that all was in order. Steak arrived fast with sides of salad and toasted garlic bread pieces. Glad they had hot English mustard and they gave me the whole bottle!! Steak doneness was excellent and had a really nice meal. Pity no dessert was available on the menu though. Will return again.

Reviewed December 4, 2018

When I first visited this restaurant back in late 2013, I made up my mind that this is one of the best steak restaurants in town. Decent prices, great quality that's better than Prime Le Meridien and a comfortable atmosphere, it was everything I was looking for in a steak restaurant.

Fast forward 5 years, I absolutely cannot recommend anyone to come here anymore. Things have deteriorated so badly and it's really sad to see. I hope they get new management to bring the place back to its glory days.

Date of visit: January 2018