“This bar Rendez vous change firm. It is not the same it used to be”
Review of Rendez-Vous

Rendez-Vous
Ranked #213 of 5,525 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chez Gaston by Rendez-Vous is a traditional French restaurant and bar located in the heart of Bangsar, only a few steps from Telawi streets and the Bangsar LRT. Our concept is not only to make authentic French cuisine affordable but to offer a laid-back ambience in which to truly relax and enjoy great food and drinks with family and friends. Our chef Florian Nigen's family has run a well-known restaurant in Bretagne in France for 30 years. He puts all his knowledge and heart into preparing our wide selection of typical French meaty and seafood dishes along with delicious French desserts to excite everyone's taste buds. Our attentive and friendly staff make sure that in a charming atmosphere at our reasonable prices everyone can enjoy what various regions of France have to offer.
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

This place used to be great!
It has a “petanca” field.
But Rendez - vous as we know it is not anymore
Change the firm and sell marroqui food.
Still have the peranca field, but it is not the same.
They do not sell alcohol anymore.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed January 20, 2018

Good French food restaurant. Food is good. Staff service lacking and not very intuitive or attentive. Wine selection for a French Restaurant is limited.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Went to celebrate friends’ birthdays and we were generally happy with the food (except for one we gave feedback on). But I echo the sentiments on the poor service.

The waiters kept lingering around our table, which was quite distracting and annoying. Please just leave the bottle of water on the table!

The American manager performs quite well when everything goes well-providing recommendations, taking orders etc. But is completely unable to handle the situation when things are not so rosy. My friends and I commented one of the starters was a little bland, comparing it with the other starters we were absolutely happy with. He seemed a little defensive, then took the half-eaten plate away, saying he’ll check. But he never came back! And charged us for the half-eaten dish!!! We felt so cheated. Our bill came up to RM800+ for 5 pax. It’s not crazy exorbitant for the quality of food, but with that kind of pricing, I expect more professionalism from a manager.

If you want French food, I highly recommend French Feast in downtown KL.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant which is located off the busy Jalan Maarof. I like the semi casual yet intimate atmosphere of the restaurant, hence I chose to celebrate my birthday with a friend there.

We ordered a jug of sangria to go with the salad and duck foie gras to start with. We were given a complimentary cream of mushroom (a tiny cup) as a appetizer. As for the main, I ordered a striploin steak, while my friend had the sea bass. They served me a medium done steak even though I requested for a medium rare. The New Yorker manger asked if I would like to change it and the answer was a definite ‘YES’! I wouldn’t compromise when it comes to steak. As it was, the meat was already tough enough as medium rare, not to mention a medium done. It was a struggle even to cut the meat with a knife...therefore I wouldn’t recommend it. The sea bass was delicious though.

The creme brûlée was mediocre. In fact it’s too watery. It would have been better if it’s a bit firmer.

Overall we enjoyed dining at the restaurant. However, we felt that we were rushing through the meal. The waiter kept coming to us, to the extend of standing beside and waiting for us to end our conversation, in order to clear the plates even though we were not yet done with the dishes. Although the food was authentic, the service was not! Voler dans la pommade...

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank cittabella
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Decided to give this restaurant a try one Friday evening. Had a nice Cote du Rhone and fresh baguettes to start. Also had Mushroom and truffle pasta and beef bourguignon as mains which were okay. Dessert was average too: lemon tart and toffee pudding. Food was average but still had fun as service was good.

Date of visit: September 2017