“Rude Staff and Expensive Rates”

Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #79 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 15, 2014

When I first entered the hotel looks beautiful with a charming decorative order.But once I met with one of the reception staff very bad face and surly, I feel uncomfortable with the services of the staff are tagged with the name Eddie was so rude and arrogant look.About the rate was so expensive if I want to compare with all non 5 -star hotel I've been stayed.Hopefully the management will take action about this problems!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lioncat321
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

I regret to hear that your were not happy with the service rendered by the frontdesk staff Eddie. We have brought this feedback to the parties concern and rest assured, we will ensure he improves and this does not happen again.

With regards to our room rates, it is not fixed unlike regular hotels. It fluctuates based on demand and availability. To secure cheaper rates, you need to book early.

Thank you for dropping a feedback, we hope to serve you better in future.

Regards,
Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Congratuations! This turned out to be the worst Tune Hotel I've ever stayed so far. The lobby looked nice, spacious and comfortable. Just when I checked in the room, I found the tap water dripping, tap of the shower detached, water flow at the sink running slow and door chain detached. It took us 45 minutes to wait for the maintenance worker to fix them up. Of course they always said the hotel was fully booked and then they would never be willing to give you another room. I paid for a cozy package which included 24 hours A/C, wifi, TV and a towel. The wifi lasted for 24 hours once it was activated and it's reasonable because we could still use the wifi even if we're not in the room. However, I didn't get why the TV was treated like the wifi because there's no TV service on the following day although we only used it for 4 hours on the previous day. Every one knows that if you're not in the room, there would be no electricity, how can the TV service be accumulated like the wifi? It ended up that we were allowed to use the TV for 4 hours even I paid for 24 hours. Ridiculous!! Unbelievable!! Nevertheless, all these were still minor issues when comparing with the attitude of the staff. During my stay, I "NEVER" saw a smiling face from anyone at the reception. Not even a pleasant look. They looked so annoying, appearing that people should not stay at their hotel. Trust me. Please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rosaHongKong_China
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a very comfortable 1 night stay at the tune hotel. I got the cosy package which includes toiletries (a towel, shampoo and soap), air con, wifi access and tv. The bed was extremely comfortable, and everything worked as needed. The internet was really fast, and the shower was great!

The staff were friendly, having a cafe and 7/11 inside the hotel premises makes it so much easier as well. There might be no minibar, but you can go downstairs and get any drink you want.

The big negative I found (it was a Saturday night - which doesn't help) but I could hear the loud cars and motorcycles from the 6th floor. It would jolt me out of sleep, as they were quite loud.

Otherwise, I would stay here again- but request a room facing away from the road.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review. Please be sure to mention if you would like to have a room facing away from the streets, and we will allocate a room for you if one is available.

Nonetheless, we are happy to find you have enjoyed the other parts of your stay and hopefully the "traffic noise" would not deter you from coming back for a stay on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Terrific value hotel .Great location ,very good front desk staff..Absolutely spoiled by anti-social screaming motorbike drags in adjoining streets ,all night,,,horrendous at weekends midnight till 05AM. apparently TOLERATED and an absolute disgrace to Kl ,Tune and touristsThis was a daily talking point and complaint amongst travelers ,unfairly labeling Tune as the hotel where you wont get a good nights sleep ! ..several planning to use social media to warn travelers no to stay there..Wot A great shame .

Room Tip: Check to see if authorities have rectified above problem.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

There are some good things about Tune, the rooms are easy to maintain, the prices are somewhat chap and the location are not bad. But this Hotel need to change their routines. My room has not seen houskeeping om three days, they don't clean the room, they just take out the garbage and change the floormath om the bathroom.
When I pay for 6 days og internet it should not be necessary to get a new password each day, one time it took me 30 minutes just to her a password because of the cue in the reception. They use long time to check in people, i've payed for early check in, bur because og some problems I had to wait. I desided to get some food just to make the time go. When I came back the issue had'nt been resolved so I ended up waiting another 20 minutes by the reception. I got my room 13.45, 15 minutes before regulare check in. The last night they said they send a housekeeper to clean my room, but that I had to wait until 23.00, because that's when the new shift started, they never showed up!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas B
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel rooms and the location. From this review we understand that we fell short in respect of our housekeeping standards and we sincerely apologize for that.

We have recently changed the housekeeping team and we constantly reviewing their work standards. Your feedback helps us identify areas needing attention and we will look into working on an improved cleaning routine.

We try our best to serve guest as quick as possible but with heavy traffic, coupled with the new front desk system, the check in process may take a little longer. Once again we sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences, and rest assured, we will make sure this will not happen again.

Please connect with me directly if we fail to meet up on what we promise to deliver in any of your upcoming stays. We hope an opportunity will be given to restore your experience in us.

Warm Regards,
Sharon De Silva- Manager(Customer Care)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Downstairs the 7 eleven stays, Subway is gone replaced by a coffee chain.
With the new wing and major reno works downstairs, reception is more welcoming.
Gone too are the taking of key deposits. c/i 2pm, c/o 11am. Beyond that, cough up the moola.

Rooms wise, gone are the pink shade glass screens a la brothels. A lot of cosmetic touches that brighten up the room and mirrors to stretch the space.

All these at rm110 for two nights. Value for KL

The a/c has been changed to a stronger brand, Carrier. Adjust the fan and a/c fast or you'll freeze cos the fan default is on the highest speed and the a/c default is on the lowest.

Maju mall opposite is dying from the death or a thousands cuts, but Giant (supermarket) is still there. There's an overhead shelthered walkway now direct to the monorail. If you want the LRT, its 10 mins walk past maju and the other end of Sogo.

Room Tip: Most rooms suffer from an echo sound effect as they face a stairwell, even the new wing. Take the o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a Tune Hotel before so I knew what to expect. You get a room and everyhing else is extra i.e. a/c. You can buy a comfort package that includes towels, wifi and a/c for a 24 hour period and I recommend it. The room is very compact. No place to store your luggage; you need to leave it on the floor. Location is within walking distance to mororail and LRT which is very convenient. Just three stops from.Bukit Bintang station. My room was not cleaned until 7.30pm on my first day which is something I never experienced in any other Hotel. The location is quite noisy as it is a busy intersection Good for a short stay if you get a good price but worth searching around to find a place where everything is included.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Our location is a great advantage. Our hotel is conveniently located close to public amenities, shopping and dining options.

We apologize for the irregular housekeeping hours. My team has been notified of this and I assure you we will improve on this area,

Our rooms are space efficient, alternatively you may store you luggage at the luggage storage rooms available for RM 2 per luggage per day,

Thank you very much for the review. We hope you'll look out for us in choosing your next stay when in Kuala Lumpur.

Warm Regards,