I recently stayed at Tune Hotel, a 2 star budget hotel, in downtown Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Overall, I would say the hotel is just barely an average rating.
Firstly, here is what I don't like about the hotel.
1. Thin walls - you can hear the other occupants of the hotels in the passageways and in their rooms. As I was staying on Floor 2, and next to the main road, you can hear traffic very easily, especially those cars and motorcycles which are speeding in the very early morning.
2. Website booking could be better. For one thing, it should have more explanation what was included in the each of the optional items.
3. Ridiculous Towel and Toiletries set - For RM 6 dollars, you get a towel, a small bar of soap and a small tube of shampoo. You still need toothbrush, shaving kit, cotton buds, etc.
4. Internet wifi does not last 24 hrs ... it ends at 12 mn each day, irregardless of whatever time you get the wifi key.
5. No cupboard to hang your clothes, just 3 wall pegs and 3 hangers providers.
6. No table top. You get just a pull down desktop, in front of the TV and you need to sit on the bed to work on your laptop.
7. No free complimentary water in the room. There is a 24 hrs convenience store inside the hotel. There is also a small café operated by San Francisco Coffee, but it does not have 24 hours operations.
8. I was given a TV remote that don't work. It could be the batteries but the staff didn't check before issuing to me.
9. I didn't know I paid for 3 set of towels with toiletries set, which I needed to bring up to the room by myself.
Here is what I like about this hotel.
1. The concept of a limited service hotel, pay for what you used.
2. The location is at Maju Junction, nearby a mono-rail station
3. Surprising, the rooms are clean
4. The pricing.
It would be hard for me to go back to this hotel as I am not a good sleeper. I was very irritated by the noises coming from the road outside the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tune Hotel Downtown Kuala Lumpur is perfectly located in the heart of the city of Kuala Lumpur. With easy access via excellent public transport to all the attractions within the city, this select service hotel provides 5 star beds at great prices! Immediately outside the hotel is the Medan Tuanku MonoRail station that ferries guests to all corners of the city and the Petronas Twin Towers are either a 5 minute taxi ride or a 20 minute walk. Little India or Jalan Masjid India with its bustling stalls and stores is a 10 minute stroll across the road and the main Shopping and Business areas of Bukit Bintang and KLCC are again a short 5-7 minute taxi ride away. Food and Beverage locations surround the hotel with the tastes of Malaysia - Indian, Chinese and Malay cuisines galore. Taxis are available to the main KLIA or LCCT airports or simply to take you to KL Sentral where the KLIA Express whisks you into KLIA within 28 minutes. So much to see and explore and the Tune Hotel Downtown KL is the perfect place to serve as your hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tune Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels - Downtown Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur