“Totally different from what u see on website.”

Q Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #206 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I book the hotel with the impression of 4 star but when I reach the room all my impression shattered. There was dead cocroach in room and paint in room and bed sheet all dirty. Tv is very old model like antique. And bathroom acessieries also like 2 star hotel.
the location is good.
BREAKFAST is normal.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank anubhav73
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Q Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

I thank you for your patronage & candid feedback. I apologize to you for the inconvenience caused & would personally review the cleaning procedures along with the housekeeping team at the hotel.

I wish to convey that we normally take pride in our service & the anomalies experienced by yourself are definitely not our brand standards.

I sincerely hope that you would give a chance to host your stay again in case you happen to travel to Kuala Lumpur in future.

Kind Regards,

Manendra Sharma

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

within minutes of checking in i was approached by another guest giving me his room number and asking him to visit him in his room, as 2 girls staying in this hotel we felt extremely uncomfortable. the local area did not feel safe at night either. this hotel is no where near the monorail or anything of interest so taxis are needed everywhere. Also after checking out around 10 minutes later i realised i had left my phone charger in the room, the reception called housekeeping who answered saying it was not there straight away and that was the end of that, reception would not contact any other members of housekeeping to check further leading me to fork out £20 for another charger very unhelpful.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank katie245

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

At the onset I apologize to you for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Citrus Kuala Lumpur by accord of some other guests. I wish to assure you that as a hotel company we understand the safety & security aspects for lady travellers & we definitely condemn the behavior of other guest in case they hindered your privacy & security.

As a hotel we definitely expect all guests to maintain the decorum of the place & do take corrective action in case we get to know of any occurrence of this nature.

Our hotel is approximately 5 mins walk from the LRT station- Sultan Ismail & getting to nearest monorail station- Medan Tuanku is approximately 8 mins walk only.

We have strict lost & found policy that we follow at our hotel, where in all the rooms are immediately checked at the time of check out to trace in case any personal belongings of our guests are left behind & reported to our housekeeping desk. For the case in matter of the phone charger, I personally reviewed lost & found records & wish to mention that it was actually not found in the room.

I sincerely hope that you would give us a chance to host your stay again in case you travel to Kuala Lumpur again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel is OK for a transit. But if you are planning to stay for three four days then do not stay at this hotel. We booked two rooms and the refrigerator in both the rooms were not working and it took 2 days for the maint. staff to replace them. The rooms are very old, needs painting, carpets needs cleaning. The hotel location is a issue in the late hours, seems a little dodgy. Not much options for eating around this hotel. The breakfast was good with various options, the only good thing about the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

I thank you for your patronage & candid feedback on your experience with us.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you inadvertently during your last stay. I just wish to convey that the anomalies experienced by yourself are definitely not our brand standard & we take pride in providing well appointed rooms to our esteemed guests,

I sincerely hope that you would give us an opportunity to host your stay in future should you happen to visit Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
- there was a constant on and off noise in the room at night which kept me awake. There was also some loud banging noise late at night. While they did offer to change my room the next day I didn't want to risk another restless night.
- it's located in a dodgy looking area. I would not feel safe outside the hotel at night. For a single female this location is especially unsatisfactory. It also isn't very close to the train. You have to walk up and down flights of stairs which is difficult with heavy luggage.
- a view of the towers might be ok but my view was over some decrepid looking buildings.
- the club lounge was a mess and cluttered with used plates, cups etc. No staff member was around and it looked like nobody had bothered to clean up for hours. The only food was biscuits in a jar. I looked the next day and there wasn't much more food, even in the morning.
- the bathroom was worn looking.
On the positives the bed was comfortable if you could get to sleep and the breakfast fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Rose O
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Q Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

At the onset, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you inadvertently during your recent stay at Citrus.

I will personally review the Club Lounge services & shall definitely look into the anomalies highlighted by yourself. Club Lounge is an elite service offered at our hotel & definitely we expect our guests to have great experience of the facility.

For the refreshments served at the Lounge, we have dedicated hours to serve breakfast & evening snacks at Club Lounge on daily basis and cookies along with Tea/ Coffee & cold beverages are served through out the day.

Our location is Chow Kit, which is very close to the city center & the nearest LRT station is Sultan Ismail which is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

I sincerely hope that you would give us a chance to host your stay next time you are travelling to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had two stays at the Citrus the first for 2 nights when we first arrived in Malaysia and 1 prior to our flight back which we booked through STA when we booked our flights. We arrived at 3am on the first visit and found the room pretty basic but with a fantastic view of the PETRONAS Towers. The room was a good size but whilst it wasn't dirty as such it just looked worn. The bedding had been washed but still had marks on it and we had one good pillow and one that was so lumpy it felt like it was filled with kitchen towel. The Wi-Fi was great and worked in both rooms we had.

There was lots of choice within the breakfast selection and they had clearly marked vegetarian options for my wife however the rice, noodles and spring rolls were all cold. We wondered if this was just because we were quite late down on 2 of the mornings (9am-ish) but even when we got down for 6am when it opened prior to our transfer to the airport it was still cold made it fairly inedible.

The reception staff were very helpful and gave us good advice on walking to the nearby Sultan Ismail LRT station which was a great cheap option for getting in and we also found the Sightseeing Bus stopped not too far away (although we got a bit lost but that was my fault) and they also printed our return boarding passes once I emailed them over. We did have a problem with our transfer when we booked a taxi to the airport the night before but it wasn't there when we went to leave and we had to wait while the porter went to flag one from the main road and worried we would be late for our flight. In the end we made it in plenty of time but it was a stress we could have done without.

It is a shame because with a bit of work and some TLC this could be a good a hotel but as it doesn't appear that old but is already being allowed to fall into a state of disrepair this means it is probably only going to go downhill further.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomSpez
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Q Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

I thank you for your patronage & candid feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is by means of constructive feedback from our esteemed guests like you, we learn our areas of improvement.

We understand that you found our rooms a little worn out. I wish to convey that we are in process of rejuvenating our rooms in phases & will definitely work on improving the overall experience of our guests.

Our hotel team across all the departments is committed to provide our best service always to our guests.

We have taken note of your comment on our buffet & assure you that we shall definitely take preventive measures to ensure that we do not slip on our buffet standards. I wish to convey that the anomalies experienced by yourself are definitely not our standard.

I would request you to kindly let me know in case you plan to travel to Kuala Lumpur again. I will be happy to take care of your hotel arrangement at Citrus personally.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

On my way back to Singapore, I stopped over to stay in Citrus Hotel but I was really disappointed with the experienced I had. I tried to book into Sunway Putra but found that there was massive renovations being carried out a the shopping complex, so I took a chance of staying here. Never again will I want to stay in this Hotel. The entrance into the Hotel is very unsafe for ladies even if you are driven to the entrance of the Hotel. Its like entering into the bronx. No one assisted me although there were guards and staff loitering in the lobby chatting away among themselves. They just opened the glass door for me and I had to wait for service at the reception. I overheard other guest complaining that they also had to wait for service and the lobby was not a lobby. Anyway, when the reception staff finally noticed me, she attended to me with no eye contact at all. She was talking on the phone with her friend as she was mumbling away with anger on the phone and also asking me my details as though she was very frustrated with life. Finished with the long check in, I had to look for the lift to find my way to my room. I had problems with the door lock and asked the housekeeping staff to assist but they just looked at me and continued with what they were doing. I finally opened the door and the smell was horrible, carpets were dusty and found hair in the bathroom sink. The view was an eyesore and noisy. Well, I was tired and had a so call hot shower but cold water was what I had. Called reception but it took them so long to send the maintenance staff to check. I did not allow the staff to enter my room as he was not properly dressed in uniform without any name tag and was even in slippers. My goodness, is this SERVICE from the Hotel???????? or a guy from the bronx??????. The next day I decided to check out early before 7 am and when I went to the lobby there was no one there. Again had to wait for a sleepy faced guy to attend to me. Rather rude guy with no courtesy at all. Breakfast was horrible and cold. Service was slow and bad in the cafe. Anyway, this will be my FIRST & LAST stay in this dodgy Hotel in the BRONX of Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Cleanliness and Maintenance SUCKS
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Pat W

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Kuala Lumpur!

At the onset I apologize to you for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Citrus Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

We agree that the series of events experienced by yourself are definitely undesirable.

At Citrus, we are committed to endeavor our best services with courtesy to all guests staying with us & definitely our guest & their requirements are of priority for us than anything else. We will definitely reinspect our reception services for the basic courtesies & correct the anomalies experienced by yourself during your visit.

We have taken a serious note on your review on the quality of food & room cleanliness & maintenance & would definitely work on improving the same.

I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to host your stay at Citrus Kuala Lumpur. I request you to kindly let me know in case plan to travel to Kuala Lumpur in future & I shall personally take care of your stay arrangements to make sure you experience the true Citrus services.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Citrus Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in Citrus on 3-7 September 2013..the room on their site is not the same as their "real" room..the room is dirty, old...don't believe on their site picture, its totally different....totally needs renovation...the breakfast is poor...and what i concern more is about their security system, i was lost my hp and asked them to let me check their CCTV. They gave me form and they said their chief security will check it, however i have to keep asking them about it and they said that their chief take day off for few days and the day before i left, i asked them to meet their Chief security but still NOTHING....and they keep saying that "it is hotel policy that guest cant check CCTV, only hotel management and chief security ONLY"........i was disappointed a lot....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dingobali
ManendraSharma, General Manager at Q Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Greetings from Citrus Kuala Lumpur!

At the onset I would apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Citrus Kuala Lumpur. Me & my team have taken note of your comments on our hotel maintenance & taste of food.

As a hotel we try to have balanced menu to cater to our varied guests of different nation origin. As a standard we serve a mix of continental selection along with selected Asean delicacies in our breakfast buffet. However, I shall definitely review our breakfast menus along with my chef to ensure our guests enjoy the selection & taste of food.

Security of our guests is of prime importance to us. Our security chief do investigate thoroughly on each & every accident reported to us. I apologize to you in case my team failed to get back to you on the findings but as a norm we get back to our guests without fail on our investigations in such cases.

I sincerely hope that you would give us an opportunity to host your stay again & wipe out the bitter experience of your last stay by offering our best services to you.

I would request you to let me know in case you happen to travel to Kuala Lumpur again, I would be happy to personally take care of your stay at Citrus Hotel Kuala Lumpur.