“Great place but not as good as reviews say it is.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Palm

Red Palm
australia, indonesia
“Great place but not as good as reviews say it is.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place is pretty cool.
Nothing to complain about except some staff were really cold for no apparent reason.
And when I checked in the person on front desk did not help me with my bags even though I was struggling.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and loved it! The rooms were clean and all you need. The hostel itself has a lounge area which we loved as it was a comfortable place to relax with a tv, travel books and computers. Location was also great on a road with lots of other hostels. Would highly recommend staying here :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights. Really enjoyed my stay. Staff were super friendly and helpful. They were more than happy to organise me the 7 wonders of KL tour which i really enjoyed aswel as organizing taxi pick ups.
Its really the perfect spot to stay if you only spending a couple days in KL. Was walking distance to the bars and the twin tours.

Its was awesome being able to go outside and order food from the indian restaurant next door over the wall.they pass the very well priced and tasty food over the wall and you enjoy the meal in the courtyard of the hostel. Order a big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice...its rad

I would recomend the red palm to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank zinonl
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

You wouldn't expect a cosy little house like red palm in the center of a mega city like KL. It's a very charming old shophouse in a attractive neighbourhood. There's a cool terrace in the front, a good kitchen and a comfortable livingroom. It could be a more social place if there wasn't turned on the TV all day and if the door to the terrace wasn't closed all day. Also when i was there the livingroom was very dominated by the people of red palm who watched corean TV-shows all day and every morning they were sleeping on the couch which made me feel like I disturbed them when I passed through it. The staff was very helpful and friendly though, even if not very warmhearted in my case. Don't miss the indian restaurant right next door, it's excellent.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank guidocx
Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at Red Palm four nights while dealing with some paper works. It's well located, the GH is very clean, almost over clean I'd say compared to some others I've tried, not too noisy. I stayed in the dorm for 30 RM a night, which is quite cheap for KL, break feast is included, WiFi connection is OK. The staff is very nice too. Well worth the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thames, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was recommended to stay at the Red Palm by a mutual friend who lives in Kuala Lumpur. Interacting with the staff was easy and they provided extremely detailed instructions as to how to get from KLIA to them. I lost my wallet somewhere between the plane and Red Palm and the staff spent hours on the phone trying to help me get it back. I had two fabulous nights with them, and when they couldn't get a taxi to take me to the Bus Terminal on the day I left, one of the staff took me personally - and to the first floor drop off point so I didn't have to haul my luggage up and down stairs! The amenities are spotless. There are always fluids available (on an honour system) and plenty of choice for breakfast. The internet access has international plugs - a definite plus - and is wireless so I could use my laptop in my room. The lounge is wonderfully comfortable, the patio an ideal place to sit and chat. Be warned - the cats like to chew Crocs! I was warned of this and everyone was MOST conscientious in keeping my footwear safe!!!! I had a lovely time and, when I return to Kuala Lumpur, will certainly come to Red Palm. Thank you guys for a wonderful stay. Blessings, P

Room Tip: The room at the front has a dinky little balcony affording an owl's eye view of the eateries acr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Red Palm for 4 nights. It is not easy to spot as their is no signage outside the entrance but they did provide good directions before we arrived. It has a nice outdoor area where you can sit in the evening and chat with fellow travellers. The main lounge area is superb! Very cosy, lots of bright colours, cushions, big TV where you watch movies, computers and internet access, books for exchange and travel guides for every destination imaginable! Wi-fi is also available. Breakfast was enough, self service, toast, real butter and Kellogs cornflakes!
The rooms - we booked a double, and a single for our 14 year old daughter to allow us all some privacy. However, there is no ceiling, just fabric draped across the partition walls. Next time we would just book the triple.The rooms though are clean and they even iron the bedding! The bathroom too is kept clean. Overall the Red Palm is a unique little find at a reasonable price in a great central location near all the malls and food street. I would recommend it and would return.

Room Tip: The single room is nice and has a proper ceiling :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family