“Fantastic Views and Location”

Seri Cempaka Service Suites
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Great views of the Potronous towers and KL tower from the room if your faces north, and from the excellent swimming pool. Our suite was large and clean. There is a good food place (called something like the corner by the park) and a 7/11 just across the road. Although we didn't have time to use it, there is also a local LRT station which is pretty essential in KL.

We really liked this place, it loses points for a pretty mediocre breakfast, and because out of three attempts, we had trouble getting into the pool two of them. Although we always did get in it was a bit of hassle. One of the times they tried to dismiss us by telling us that the pool didn't actually open until later (they stood down from that pretty quickly, but it was disappointing).

Don't let these points put you off though, it offered very good value.

Room Tip: North side rooms have a view of the twin towers.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Niceeeeeee i can see twin towers from 15th floor ;D

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank ayu_yanu
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed there for 2 nights in November 2011. Check in was average but the staff was helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. With very little carpet, the sound does echo.

Fortunately, the bed is placed far away from the door and that helps. The bath is basic but clean (showers only). The small kitchen area is useful if you want to boil water or heat up food.

Breakfast was basic but generally good and recommended.

Location is a bit out from town centre and access is hampered by major road works just outside the place.

Overall, I am satisfied with the stay and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Great hotel to stay for the family with 2 bedrooms, a good size kitchen, dining area and living area. Great view but it's away from the shopping streets. As we are driving, it's not an issue.
Upon arrival, we have to unload our luggage by ourselves, likewise for loading. Of course with the help of the luggage cart, we load everything including our 2 young kids on it.
The apartment is clean, neat, good view, 2 attached bathrooms in each room. Very spacious. There are complimentary drinks and incomplete bath necessities. No hair dryer. Free wireless access.
For those sensitive to noise like myself, I find it's hard to sleep with the noise coming from the discotheque in the night.
The place have clinics and specialist centre at the lower levels. Complimentary parking facilities.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 11, 2011

They have bad customer service! I called them to inquire on this offer.. just to make sure everything is clear before I make my reservation..as I wanted to plan for a birthday surprise for my boyfriend's birthday..

The call was picked up by a lady at first but after a few more questions that I asked, she passed the call to a man and I believe his position is at least an executive or managerial level.
He is not helpful at all.
I asked him to help to check on the availabilty of suites on the date. Before I managed to tell the date in full, he cut off my sentence by saying "subject to availability".
... I asked again and explain that I only want to check on the availability before I proceed on reservation. Again! He said "it's subject to availability".
I gave him one last chance to tell me on the suite availability, the same reply from him again and again! "SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY".
This makes me feel like we cannot reserve in advanced! If so, please do not advertise and ask people to call/email for reservation! Rather recruit walk-in customers ONLY!

For the next question! I asked him about the cake. I request for the menu of cakes, and he still reply me with the same answer "subject to availability". For this case, I can understand that the chef might change the menu everyday.
BUT when I asked whether can I request for certain service like say get someone to send the cake over to our room at 12am, just to create a surprise environment.
AGAIN HE REPLIED ME THE SAME THING! "SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY" Subject to availability of what? Manpower for delivery service? No cake?
What kind of service is this? If Sri Cempaka Hotel does not sell cakes! Please tell me NO!

I do not expect this kind of customer service whereby I received replies from a "RECORDED VOICE" that only tells me the same thing!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KlKiki
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I stayed here for six nights. The room was great. Spacious. Lounge chairs to sit on while watching tv. Microwave in the kitchen. Breakfast was amazing. A mixture of dishes. Both western and local. Restaurants nearby. Maluri train station is just across the road and shopping centre in walking distance. Great value. Service was great and the front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010
4  Thank aussie912
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I think this hotel provide a very safe environment for the guest. I stay there and really enjoy the quiet and calm atmosphere. The food provided are came in many variety, all delicious and worth to try. the rate is also affordable :) maybe they need to make some makeover for the look from the outside. At first I kinda thought i enter a very lame hotel, but that is really not true.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business