“Love this place!”

Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #49 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you value, space, luxury without the hype, great sumptous breakfast in a lively and cared for environment. If you do not like parking hassles, and yet might want to just walk on your own or hail a cab, then this is the place for you.

Travelling solo, couple or as a family this hotel seems to have it for all.

Though the facility is old but it still is in great condition and the staff are professional. They always seem to have the upper floors booked or they hold it back is a point to reckon. It may not be as jazzy as other 5 star hotels in general but then I suppose others are more expensive too.

I don't wish to sound as their PR person but this was my 3rd stay here in the last 9 months and I was fully content with all what I got, hence the appreciation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoolMan_12
Mohamad Halim M, General Manager at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Coolman_12

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience during your recent visit to Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

I have shared your comments with the team and they are very excited to have been able to serve you well. I am certain that they will strive to do better in providing excellent service.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Like the design and concept of bed room. It is very spacious. Ironing board and iron and hair dryer are found in the room too. Nice bathroom too. The hotel staff are very helpful and attentive. The location is convenient too.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank leelets

Dear Leelets

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

It is with comments like yours that makes us strive to serve our guests better. I have shared your comments with the team and it will definitely motivate them further.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were really looking forward to our stay in 5 STAR hotel thinking that we got ourselves a real treat. When we arrived we was greeted by porter and showed to the reception where we checked in and was given key for our room. When we opened the door we were in shock!!!! There was rubbish under bed, beading was ripped, bed was dirty, carpet badly stained, tea marks on the desk, black fingers marks on the furniture, tea cups was dirty, chipped furniture.. We was upset so we complained .We was shown another room but in the smoking part off the hotel. This room was a bit beater but looked very tired. We asked to talk to manager as we could not understand why those rooms look like this. We was confused and asked if this is 5 star hotel? The manager confirmed that it has 5 stars and said that she will upgrade as to club room. She explained that this is only thing she can do and she informed as that club floor privileges will not be included. We looked at the room she offered. This room was a bit bigger but still very tired, finger marks etc. . We were really disappointed and upset at this point and asked if we could ask to have our money back. We were informed that we can’t and that if we want to get money back we would have to contact the internet company we booked with. At this point we was extremely tired as the proses of checking in and looking at the rooms tuck about 3 h. We dint had anything to drink and the last thing we wanted to do was to go through the process of contacting Hotel Club – Internet company. We decided that we going to stay and ask for someone to clean the room one more time. Over all staff was polite. We had breakfast in there which was another disappointment. Coffee and tea where very bad, very small selection of Weston food, herbal tea was available but at extra charge, selection of patisserie wasn’t fresh! Another weird thing was that they had papule selling scarfs and things next to reception – definitely not 5 star hotel atmosphere . Interior was tired.
I don’t understand how on earth someone could give this hotel 5 stars. I was staying in different accommodation all-over Asia and this one so far was the worst.

Room Tip: Do not stay there
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara M

Dear Barbara M

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor experience that you had during your stay with us. It is definitely not acceptable and definitely not the way how we conduct our business. I also was informed that apart from the cleanliness, you also wanted the room to be exactly as how it appeared in the photographs. I can understand the need the need to be spotless and this is one of the reason why I had my Housekeeper attend to you.

I have also taken note of your disappointment with the breakfast menu being served at the buffet. We normally receive good comments with regards to our breakfast buffet.

It is with such comments like yours that would make us do better in providing good service to our guests. I have shared your comments with the team and they will strive to do better.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have booked this hotel next week. What is best tranportation option for two people from airport to this hotel ? Also what is nearest train station to the hotel ? Is it safe walk for women from/to traini station ? Thanks.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank Syaiful728
Mohamad Halim M, General Manager at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Syaiful728,

Greetings from Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur!

The most convenient way to the Hotel from the Airport is by Airport Taxi which cost about RM100 - RM120. We do have Limousine service which can be arrange by hotel that cost RM180.

Alternatively, you may take the Express Rail Link from KLIA to Sentral station which cost RM35 each person. From Sentral, you may take a taxi which cost about RM15 - RM20 or taking the Putra LRT from Sentral to PWTC station. This requires a change at Masjid Jamek to the STAR LRT. There is a overhead walkway that connects to the hotel directly.

If you are travelling with large luggage, my strongest recommendation would be to take the Taxi from the airport.

Hope this helps and see you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

When I visit KL, I always stay at the Seri Pacific Hotel. I love its location, proximity to shopping and transport, and service. But this time I stayed on a Club Floor, which was wonderful! The room was spacious (by Asian standards), but was laid out in such a way, with a clever use of cupboard space, that made it seem much bigger. But I really loved the luxurious bathroom and shower; and the very comfy bed.

Being on a Club Floor meant enjoying breakfast in the relative quiet of the Club Lounge, where the staff treated us like royalty. At the end of the day, we returned to the Lounge for happy hour - generous glasses of cold wine and delicious snacks, with a breathtaking view of the Twin Towers and KL Tower. This is hotel heaven!

Unfortunately the shopping mall opposite the hotel is currently under renovation, but promises to be more tempting than ever when it's completed. However PWTC train station is only a few minutes' walk from the hotel, so you can still whisk away to other shopping areas like KLCC, Bukit Bintang, Jalan Petaling, and Central Market.

The staff at Seri Pacific are always welcoming, friendly and can't do enough for you. It's a great place to stay in KL!

Room Tip: The Club Floors are worth the extra money. Ask for a room with a view of the Twin Towers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoH883

Dear JOH883

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us your feedback during your recent visit to Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

I am glad that you had a great and comfortable stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team and your comments would definitely make them strive further to provide great and excellent service.

Looking forward to your next visit and God Bless!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I loved everything about it. truely everything. even the spa prices are really affordable.
Only downside: NO FREE WIFI!! I had to go to the starbucks across the street to check my email, they should offer free wifi.

Room Tip: take the non smoking room, cuz the smoking really smells
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Char M

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with regards to your recent stay at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and find the hotel to your satisfaction. I must apologize that you had to go across the road for the free WiFi. This is rather strange as the Hotel provides complimentary WiFi services in the rooms and the public areas. I am surprised that you were asked to pay for the services. I have reminded the staff to be more careful when it comes to providing information to the guests.

Once again, thank you and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 3, 2014

First, the good: our double room was spacious and looked nice. In the evening, there was live music in the lobby.

Upon early arrival, we were given an 'upgraded room', which we didn't expect and appreciated. However, upon entry we found it reeked of cigarette smoke. I felt like I was in a motel.

We left our luggage with the concierge and walked around town for the day while they prepped our original room.

Upon arrival, 8 hours later our luggage was nowhere to be found we had to go back down to the lobby to get the concierge to look for our stuff. They brought it up 15 mins later. We felt frustrated because we really wanted a shower and to get changed, as well as our baby's bassinet.

Which brings be to the shower...There were two folded towels by the bathtub/toilet, but another towel hanging on a hook behind the shower door. It wasn't neat in any way, which led us to believe it wasn't properly removed from the prior guest's stay. Pretty disgusting. I would have complained, but for reasons I'll mention later we didn't bother.

Miscellaneous other frustrations include:
1) A kettle that didn't automatically shut off. It boiled off a quarter litre before I shut it off myself! That's incredibly dangerous and a fire hazard; they didn't respond to my fuss other than bringing another kettle. No apology.
2) Only one tea mug (in a double room). Normally not a big deal, but it was irritating to have to wait 20 minutes for a second mug to have a cup of tea with my wife while the baby slept. This made me question further the quality of the housekeeping.
3) There's a small shop by the lobby that sells water/candy, etc. When I brought a few bottles to the till, I was charged 20% higher than the marked price, and was told "oh, those are the old prices". Of course I can afford it, but the blatant dishonesty left a sour taste in my mouth.
4) Use of PCs costs 30 RM ($10) per hour. I know of 2 star hotels that offer this for free. I needed a PC to finish a course I was doing, but the feeling of being gouged wasn't worth it, despite my ability to afford it.
5) Hotel food is average quality at high-end prices. To be expected.
6) All complaints made were brushed off or misunderstood by employees who couln't understand English. This is when we realized that complaining about the room cleanlieness would go over their head, when even 'a coffee mug' isn't understood.
7) Cabs charged me 25% higher than the going rate when leaving from the hotel.
8) Wi-Fi requires frequent logins, and connection speed isn't the best.

All this has led to a very irritating experience, and the staff didn't give a damn enough to try to make it worthwhile for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family