“Excellent”

Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #50 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Excellent choice in a heart of Kuala Lumpur. Room was perfect, bed was perfect, shower was one of the best ever. Breakfast is more than perfect.
Poor thing was that the staff were bit of arrogant in a reception. And one waiter vanished with my credit card for a ten minutes, i went to look for him around and i found him, i dont know what happened or why, BUT IT WAS VERY VERY WEIRD!!!??? They didnt explained me that, i asked why they did it, i didnt get the answer. Maybe its their policy, i dont know! But i can still recommend that hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mohamad Halim M, General Manager at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Mic V

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us during your stay at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur. It is with comments such as your that will allow us to fix challenges with our levels of services.

I have shared your comments with regards to the Front Office staff and also the Food & Beverage staff. I too could not understand the scenario with your credit card and I have informed the staff that they must always be sensitive when dealing with guests' credit card and more importantly to explain to the guest their actions to eliminate doubts.

I apologize once again for the poor service and hope that you would allow us to serve you better during the next visit.

Mohamad Halim Merican

Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

During my stay in this hotel, I went to chinatown to do some shipping when I was surrounded by a group of Chinese men who demanded I hand over my money. After refusing, one of them did a long run up from behind and jumped in the air to kick me. The result was me falling headfirst into concrete and my left soon splitting open after I feel on a bad angle, that 3 cm of my skin was town of my leg. You could very clearly see my bone and muscles. I have had cancer for 13 years now and my skin has become extremely thin so it was a very nasty kick to my ribs and a nasty tear in my shin skin. Furthermore I have arthritis in my neck so that headfirst fall will effect me forever. After I had emergency and went back to the hotel as I was flying home the next morning, the manager had heard what happened and came up to see if I was OK and said that if there was absolutely anything I needed to call her directly the next morning I couldn't make it to buffet breakfast so she has waiters come to my room with trays of food for me and my partner. That was very nice if then and I know for a fact not many hotels would do that for their customers. So thank you Seri Pacific Management Team!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Khaled E

Dear Mr Khaled

Thank you very much for taking time to feedback to us with regards to your stay at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

I am sorry to have learnt that you had a bad experience in the city but however glad that you are not badly injured. I apologize on behalf of the Malaysian people. Nevertheless, it was good to learnt that my team had managed to comfort you during this time and that you comments would be exemplary for the rest of the team members.

I do hope that you are feeling better and that this episode would note deter you from coming back to Kuala Lumpur.

Once again thank you and best regards

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We really liked this place. Staff is so welcoming and very well trained, both reception and restaurant. Our room was fantastic - modern, spacious, clean and with a postcard view of the city. Good selection for dinner and breakfast buffets. And at a price of less than 50 pounds and with the train station nearby we could forgive the location...

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Barsuchok,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us your feedback during your recent stay at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

I am glad that you had a great stay with us and we appreciate your positive feedback. I have shared your comments with the staff and I am certain that they will be delighted to know that they have managed to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable.

Once thank you and we hope to welcome you again to stay with us in the future

Best regards

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was there in Seri Pacific on 31st Dec 2013 with my family. We celebrated New Year's there only. Nice Hotel
Good Rooms
Ultimate Breakfast
Friendly Staff
Overall it was a very good experience staying there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ankitmittal1991,

Thank you very much for taking time to feedback to us your experience during your recent visit to Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

I am glad that you have had a great stay with us and I have shared your comments with the team. I am certain that with such feedback, they will strive harder to ensure that our guests have an equally good stay such as yours.

Once again, thank you and best regards

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

it was an old and classic hotel. perfect for business meeting accomodation but with very slow wifi connection.

located at Putra, near Putra World Trade Center shopping mall and PWTC train station.

one thing i remember from Seri Pacific is the fresh fragrance of lemongrass that always fills the lobby.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is advertised as 5* which it probably was when it first opened however it is tired and aged. I would rate it a really good 3*.

The rooms are nice, spacious and clean. The shower is probably amongst the best i've used, it has immense pressure unlike you get in the UK. The toiletries provided are basic but do the job, they could do with new towels aswell. Overall rooms are 7/10

The pool is terrible, it is small and does not look very appealing whatsoever. The surrounding area around the pool looks very messy though it actually isn't. I think they have a small drinks bar by the pool but not very obvious. Overall pool 3/10

The restaurant is good value and provides a small but good range of options. The breakfast is a buffet and it is very good, however a bit repetitve in terms of food though all fresh. Overall 7/10

The cigar lounge is comfortable but pricey. There is one TV and it is small, came to watch football but was not happy and also got attacked my mosies. They have a lady who sings karaoke every night, the same lame songs which really gets annoying and at such a high volume however the locals seem to enjoy it. Overall 4/10

Reception staff are welcoming and helpful especially the ladies, was very pleased with them however the men are tip hungry and not very attentive though helpful when they do show attention. Overall 7/10

You cannot go wrong with this hotel for the price and quality, but it definitely is not a 5*.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abu R
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here for a conference which was held on location otherwise would have chosen somewhere else. The first impression is that of an ageing facility, poorly maintained. Check in was fine though but not overly friendly. The room (1225) in no way resembled the images on the brochure. The bedsheets were threadbare and the bottom sheet so worn it was almost see-through. There was no mattress cover so sheet directly on the mattress which I personally find very poor hygienic practice. Bedside wall mounted lamps never worked and were barely hanging onto it's mounts. Basin and counter in bathroom cracked. Shower head rusty with poor warm water supply. No minibar. Room safe available but mine refused to open when I wanted to check out; required a few calls and the hotel maintenance to get that open. It was not fixed so the next poor guest will probably have the same experience.
Musty smell permeates the passages to the rooms and the room itself; carpets clearly have not been properly maintained and cleaned.
Location is well out of town (10 - 20 minutes by taxi depending on traffic; 25 - 30 minutes from KL Central station where the KL express departs from to the airport. Nothing of interest around the hotel; in fact quite a rundown neighbourhood. There is a mall under construction immediately opposite but this make take quite some time.
Food is average and service in the Lounge bar quite slow and reluctant.
Internet available but slow and requires a login after every attempt; does not allow for smartphone software to connect automatically.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this facility unless there is a specific reason to stay here. If room 1225 is t...