“Great Improvement In 16 Years!!”

Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #52 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Improvement In 16 Years!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I first stayed at this hotel way back in 1997 when I had to organise a 2 weekend seminar. It was a pleasant stay, judging by my standard, then. My second stay was in December 2013, 16 years on. Nothing has changed much in terms of ambience and facilities availability BUT the rooms have been improved tremendously, food was tasty (not many choices but whatever they have are fresh and palatable). Checking was efficient even when somebody accidentally cancelled my name from the list of booked rooms from my office. Checking out was also good EXCEPT that I was charged for 2 cans of coke that I didn't consume but not wanting to make a fuss (should have) I paid for them anyway. I believe it was missed from the previous occupant. A good place for business stay but not so advisable for family vacation because there aren't anything to do around the place because the Mall across the street is still in renovation. Also not advisable to stay during the country's governing party's annual assembly, AGM etc. And the hotel needs to improve on the prayer hall facilities for the ladies.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

this new year i was been there for 4 nights, place is strategic near lrt putra just walk left no more then 5 minute, i got room facing KLCC so great they give us, upgrade to deluxe room 24 level highter level before club bedroom, All is great, large room, i was read some bad comment about this place was old etc, but i face is nice place worth it for prices.

tips. if you want to eat in hotel they have buffet but find some food difficult in this area must walk to chowkit there any 7 eleven, some small resto, nothing around this hotel, better if you go with Lrt eat first at bukit bintang, imbi etc

Room Tip: facing klcc, higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

At New Year's eve, my family and I spent the evening with a number of friends attending the New Year Eve's dinner at this hotel. It was really a marvellous experience for us, not only because of the selection of excellent food to cater for everyone present but also the evening atmosphere that was created. Thanks to the hotel management and staff.

The climax of the evening was the countdown to usher in the new year. What's more, those present were from a number of countries including, if I remember correctly, Australia, Portugal, Iran, Switzerland, India and of course Malaysia. After that we stayed on for two nights. Already thinking of coming again for the New Year celebrations at the end of 2014.

Room Tip: Try the one facing the famous Kuala Lumpur Twin Tower. Really beautiful to look at in the evening.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mohamad Halim M, General Manager at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear AnuwarBA,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment and I am glad that you and your party had a great time during New Years Eve at the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you once again for sharing and hopefully, we will have a better party this coming year end and even more foreigners during that time.

guildford
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

First stayed in this building 20 Years ago when it was the pan Pacific. The building hasn't changed but the rooms obviously have.

Stayed 6 nights. Took the reception 20 mins to find booking(booked through expedia) then being told I was upgraded to a deluxe room(I paid for a deluxe room anyway so then he apologised. ). No double room available only a twin.

The entrance is dull and busy. The room was OK, with only a few English channels. The shower pressure was excellent, and the room cleaned daily.

Breakfast was a disaster. After 2 attempts we stopped going. No food by 9:30am. No clean tables, you're just told to find yourself a table. Food quality very poor and egg counter busy and has a very grumpy chef serving. Just horrible.

Room service was ok. Had a pizza which had a very generous amount of topping.

Good restaurant nearby serving Indian food(hydrabad) and close to KFC and a 7/11.

Connnected to PWTC station but 10 minutes to putra and 20 to chow kit.

Blue taxis available all the time but they charge ridiculous fares. 30rm to Bukit bintang. Other taxis also wait outside but don't go by meter so sometimes charge more.

Wifi was weak in the room but did the job. The pool was ok but could have been warmer.

The spa was nice but a dirt rim around the jacuzzi wasn't very welcoming. (used a groupon)

Also used a Groupon for dinner at the Japanese restaurant but again, food not replenished and what was there was old.

Took 30 mins for someone to pick up luggage when we are leaving and the reception just hang up in your face when you call. Happened to me many times on different days.

No way 5*. Next time will get a centrally located hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank audi21
Mohamad Halim M, General Manager at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Audi21,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us your comment with regards to your recent stay at Seri Pacific Hotel KL. It is always good for us to know our guest experiences during their stay in order for us to improve on our shortcomings.

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to some of your experiences. It is definitely not the standards that we are use to. I have highlighted to the Front Office Manager and the Chef with regards to your comments. I am however, surprised that you were not led to your tables in the morning as the Hostess does control the movement of guests for breakfast.

Taxi services are available from our transportation counter and they use meters unlike the ones by the main road outside the hotel. I have also highlighted this to the Operators to ensure that their drivers use the meters for our guests.

Once again thank you for your comments and let me assure you that improvement measures will derive from your comments immediately.

Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed January 2, 2014

These may seem like contradictory adjectives, but somehow the Seri Pacific pulls it off, by being one of the fanciest, luxurious hotels I've stayed in for an extremely low price. Had a room on the 22nd floor with a view of the Golden Triangle. The room was amazing, spacious, well-furnished, comfortable, great view, excellent amenities, huge bathroom with separate shower... you name it. Definitely outfitted as a business hotel though, especially as regards the location. Though conveniently placed next to the Metro, if you want to get to the LRT you'll have to walk through Chow Kit for a good 15 minutes. The location is OK but not great for shopping or sightseeing. The interior is impeccable, rooms excellent as mentioned previously. However, service at the front desk is less than perfect. For one, there is no sense of hospitality at all; checking in for a stay feels like checking in at an airport counter. The monotony of the decoration and the dark marble / gold style makes this place rank high on the apparent luxury scale, but there is definitely something missing here. You feel no connection to this place. Check-out was a bit of a hassle, as the front desk lady was not able to concentrate on settling my bill, while there was a large group of loud and obnoxious Chinese guests trying to get her attention at the same time. Staff should be trained to pay full attention to the guests in front of them, and delegate other tasks as needed - there's more than enough staff on hand to handle it. Anyway this resulted in a mistake on my bill, nothing major but could have avoided some embarrassment. Besides that, room service is good and the food is OK, though the prices are as to be expected in a hotel of this category. Finally, to be noted that the swimming pool is nice and large, and pleasant. Anyway, bottom line is, if you're a business traveller then this place is for you. However, travellers may want to look for something a bit closer to the centre, or alternatively someplace where you are made to feel welcome instead of a just a number.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Zerosixzero
Dear Zerosixzero,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience during your recent visit to Seri Pacific Hotel KL. It is always a pleasure to receive such comments especially where it can help us improve on our services.

I am glad that you found the hotel to your liking except for the Front Desk experience. My sincerest apologies!. It is definitely not the normal standards that we practice. I have highlighted this to the Front Office Manager for her to action with her team and to improve their services.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, and we hope that your next visit will be a more pleasant one.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Overpriced but nice and clean. A couple of the bell staff were particularly helpful and friendly, but the management was rude and abrupt. £5 for half an hour on the computer, no allowance to quickly use it or pay for less time. Minibar was not stocked and we had to call down for our towels. The spa is wonderful, great value and fantastic treatments, couldn't recommend it enough.

Dear Becca C,

Thank you very much for taking time to comment your recent experience during your stay at Seri Pacific Hotel KL.

I am glad that you had a good stay with us except for the challenges you had with the usage of the computer. The person who handled you have been taken to task in terms of the rudeness. The staff should have had a little more tact in handling your request to use the computer for a shorter period. I agree with you that this should have happened. My apologies!

On a brighter note, I have informed the bellmen team of your comments and am certain that this would make them strive to provide better service.

Once again, thank you for your comments and best regards

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller and have stayed in many hotels. Considering the average reviews on this hotel it is the worst hotel experience I have ever experienced.
The rooms are average, but I asked to have a non smoking room but put me in a smoking room that stunk really bad and couldn't change my room until the next day. Not to mention I had no face washer towels or hand towels, just 2 bath towels.
My co-worker had their phone stolen at the breakfast restaurant, and even though we had evidence on tape the hotel refused to take responsibility.
The breakfast restaurant was always so packed and the food was always empty when I went down for breakfast around 9am every morning and the staff were incompetent and there was no service.
I will never stay here again and don't recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Frequentflyer8590
Mohamad Halim M, General Manager at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Frequent flyer8590,

Thank you for your comment during your recent stay with us and I sincerely apologize for the challenges you had during your stay.

I have highlighted your comments to the Housekeeping Manager with regards to the smoke smell in the room and also to the Front Office Manager pertaining to the allocation of rooms by guest request.

It seems to you traveled with Lyricalphoenix who had lost her phone in our public coffee house. This case is now a police case and is under investigation. We are not able to take liability for the situation until the police revert to us on the outcome. We have security officers in plain cloth at the outlet to monitor the situation but unfortunately the situation happened.

Once again, my apologies for the poor experience you had during your stay and its with forward comments such as this that will allow us to improve on our services and product.