“Nice star hotel Minus star service”

Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #51 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice star hotel Minus star service”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We booked this hotel via on-line and we got it for less price. The hotel appearance and the amenities are very good. Can't complain at all. It is situated in the central area.

We read in the description that the room will have the twin tower view, however the rooms allotted to us didn't have the view - not that we complain about it.

The reception staff was not friendly with missing smile and greetings. We were informed that the mini bar usage will be charged but there was nothing in the mini bar at all. We had to call-up and confirm that we wont be charged for nothing.

In one of the rooms the complimentary mineral water was missing and we had to call 3-4 times and wait for 30+ minutes to get the water. That was a major disappointment for a hotel with such star looks.

The hotel didn't impress me. I would have liked it if the service was a bit better.

Room Tip: Explicitly ask for the room with twin tower view..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mohamad Halim M, Owner at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments during your recent stay at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the below par service level that you received. The Hotel management has recently been taken over by the Owners and we are in the midst of re-aligning the product and service levels to a good 5 star business hotel in KL. Indeed there are many areas to be fixed including staff attitude and service level. Nevertheless, it is with comments such as this that will allow us to narrow down to the concern areas and inject more training effort to improve our services.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back soon and experience a better and upgraded hotel service.

Halim Merican - GM Owning Company

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
AUCKLAND
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stay at the Seri Pacific Hotel 3 times in the past 1 month, but I have many horrible experiences. I never publicly complaint about a hotel on a website, but I have been forced to write this complaint by the hotel staffs for the revolting things that the hotel staffs have done to us.

My first stay was not a great start, when I wanted to get the bathrobe in the wardrobe; it was still stained with women period blood on it. The entire bed linen, bathroom towels were dirty and there were hairs on the bed. The toilet water was a little bit brown colour and the shower head was rusty. It took the hotel more than 1 hour to get the room clean.

My second stay was another bad experience, the entire bed linen, bathroom towels are dirty and there were hairs on the bed. The room given to us looked old and dirty. The toilet water was a little bit brown colour and the shower head was rusty. I have to go down to reception twice to before the hotel get the things sorted. The housekeeper took many bed linens and bath towels which are dirty. It took the hotel more than 2 hours to get the room clean.

My third stay was the worst and the last. When I checked in the third time, the hotel staffs were not happy and they have written some remark in the computer system in regard to the room which I stayed before was dirty. The reception staffs were very rude toward me and her named was called Roselina, because of the 2 incidents that happened earlier. I have stored my bag in the hotel on my second visit and when I asked for my bag to be taken up to my room on my third visit, the concierge damaged my brand new bag. It took the hotel 2 days for an incomplete answer as to why my bag was damaged, but there were no reason given to us as to why my bag was damaged. The hotel just says the person who stored my bag was not working every time I asked them, but they could have contact him via phone, but they didn’t bother to call him to get an answer. After 2 days I insist that the hotel have to sort out some resolution into fixing my bag, the hotel finally agreed to fix the bag. My bag was fixed, but the hotel staffs have put a shoe mark inside my bag which is very rude and insulting. I wrote a formal complaint letter the entire management in regard to the shoe mark which the hotel staffs have left and want an answer, but no answer were given by the hotel. I found this disgusting as the hotel is helping their hotel staffs get away with such an awful matter that they have done. On my second night, the hotel staffs threw the next morning newspaper on the ground without a plastic bag due to my complaint about my damaged bag. If they don’t want to give us the newspaper, then don’t. They are so foolish to do a thing like this and when I asked for an answer from the management, they just reply the concierge have put the newspapers in a plastic bag and hang it on the door handle. When I asked for a copy of the CCTV footage, just to prove to them that they are lying and at the same time to find out who is responsible, they never reply my request. The rest of the other hotel guest rooms newspapers were hanging with plastic in good manner on the door handle on the same floor. The hotel staffs target us, because of their own faults with the 3 incidents that happened with our 3 visits which I complaints to management.

I have written a formal complaint to the Director of Operations, Front Office Manager, Security Manager and Reservation to find on why their hotel staff did the stupid things that they did to us, but the hotel never took us seriously and just sweep all their wrong doing under the carpet without finding out who was responsible or apology letter. We don’t mind to give the hotel a second change in order for them to improve, but we are insulted by the way they treat us and the way the hotel acted to do a cover up with all the hotel staffs disgusting behaviour. At least the hotel could do was to investigate the matter and find the person responsible and write an apology letter to us. I travel around the world every week to do business and I always prefer a clean hotel even if the price is higher, but Seri Pacific Hotel is the worst in the world with their unforgiving treatment and poor standard that they provide to us. It is not even a 5 stars hotel as mention in the website and the hotel should get a revamp in their hotel standard.

Tips: If you want to stay here in the future, look carefully at the cleanliness of the entire room and never complaint or else you will be the next target victim. You will waste your money and you will regret it.

Room Tip: Tips: If you want to stay here in the future, look carefully at the cleanliness of the entire room a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
12 Thank Dennis6868
Mohamad Halim M, Owner at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments and highlighting in detail your experience with our Hotel. Indeed there were genuine cases whereby the hotel had performed below the normal standard of services. They were situations that are not acceptable and definitely uncommon to the normal hotel practises. I would like to apologise again on behalf of the Hotel and its employees.

In fact, I have been following closely with the issues that you encountered during your stays with us and have personally directed the Management to micro manage your future stays to ensure that you had a pleasant stay, unfortunately it seems that they failed. Counselling and training our staff is part of our reprimand policy and this is done each time there are issues pertaining to service standards, this includes the Managers themselves. However, to provide names to our guests is against our policy. I believe that, my Director Of Operations, Duty Managers, Security Manager have all met with you for each situation and at the same time apologise to you, this included an Email sent to you by my Director of Operations.

As for your request for the CCTV footage, we had also mentioned to you that, this is not possble unless a police report is made and demanded by the Police to review the CDs as information on the CDs are Private & Confidential. I myself had personally viewed the CD and also attended to your damaged bag when it returned from repair. I personally inspected the bag and the repair but did not notice the "foot print" being present. My question on the issue of the Bag and Newspaper, does not make any sense for the staff to react as such knowing that, they will be reprimanded once found out. The staff dealing with the Bag and Newspaper are long serving staff and believe me, I do not feel that they would want to jeaopardize their job by acting as such.

In any instance, I would once again like to apologize for for bad experience and at the same time appreciate the fact that, you feel disgusted about the Hotel and as such have claimed for us to be your Worst Hotel in the World, mistake does happen and it is the only best possible way fo us to improve by receiving such constructive and detailed comments.

Thank you and we hope that one day you will be our guest again and by then you may be rest assured that our services will improve.

Halim Merican - GM Seri Pacific Corporation, Owners of Seri Pacific Hotel KL
nyc
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Quick check in, look less than 2 minutes a few hours before the check in time.

Room appearance is dated, like an ikea room but perfectly adequate. Was only there for s few hours to kill time before a flight, okay for the $60 aud I paid.

Gym is really poor, equipment doesn't work and dirty as he'll. Had 2 staff there, one would suffice.. Get the other doing some maintenance.

All in all a pleasant enough stay.

Rooms could do wi more detailed cleaning. Face cloth wouldn't go astray either.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Mohamad Halim M, Owner at Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments and valuable feedback with regards to your stay recently. I am happy to hear that you had very good service at the Front Desk.

With regards to the Gym equipment, indeed they require change and maintenance and since the Hotel changed its management company, the Owners are now looking into the entire hotel and changes are being planned periodically and the Gym equipment is on the list. We will look into any immediate changes that can take place and ensure that your guests are safe to use the Gym at all time.

Once again, thank you for your input and hope that you will provide us another opportunity to serve you better.

Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Checking-in was brief & warm. Got my room according to my preferences. Friendly & helpful Front Desk. Room was good for the price, only a little small & bathroom was too old. Bathtub was stained, peeling off some kind of rubber. Breakfast was not that good... went there around 9am, the restaurant was almost full. Staff were unorganized. Hostess seated us at our table & when we brought our food back to our table it was seated by another family and the staff told us that 2 pax gets to sit only the small corner table not the 4 seat table (He moved us/our belongings without asking us to another table, after we were seated at our place by the hostess earlier) bad! bad! bad! While having breakfast, staff were arguing in front of us. A total Horrible breakfast experience. Other than that, everything seems fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your valuable comment and that you are happy with the Front Desk services. However, I would like to aplogise for the other unpleasant encounter that you had in the restaurant. The management has been brought to task and to ensure that a better system is in place when the restaurant is busy. We hope that you will be able to experience our improved service standards the next time you visit us.

As for the rooms, we will be starting our "Perfect Room" program early next year rectify all the issues pertaining to the room standards.

Once again, thank you for the comments and its with valuable comments such as this that will make us improve and serve you better.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

When we checked in, the room was in a mess from the previous occupants: bed not made, towels on bathroom floor, rubbish scattered around the place... I wouldn't mind it as much if the staff had been a bit more polite, or even said sorry. Yep, lack of hospitality is one of the problem.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Icedteamonster
Malaysia
Reviewed November 13, 2011

stayed here for 3 nights, booked via agoda.com. check in was a brief and unlike other hotels, don't need to print out from agoda. however, the problem is my agoda is book separately, 2 nights followed by 1 night, and the receptionist can only check me in for the first 2 nights, with the 3rd nights to be done on the day itself. Receptionist is also fairly puzzled and clueless when i asked about the availability of loyalty membership program (which prior to that i have emailed and called in to ask and was told that i can apply on the spot at Zende restaurant). Eventually i went to Zende and still not able to get any loyalty membership.

anyway, the hotel service is great, but just shy of being excellent (minus the confusion i encountered). The shower is water is strong and one of the best. Room is spacious, however lighting is too weak for long time reading. i was offered newspaper to be sent daily but it never happens. anyhow, i still manage to get my newspaper by manually demanding from the concierge. Breakfast is good with fairly ample choice, but not outstanding. For example, i don't get any fish at all like salmon slice, which i would expect from a 5 star hotel. i have stayed at this hotel during its Pan Pacific time, and i remembered it had been better.

i would think the hotel should make arrangement with the cab to offer metered based ride rather than ridiculously overprized demand. i have stayed at other hotel that do so and it can help to regulate the taxi fare. (note: a trip to KL sentral to the hotel cost RM13 even with expensive non metered coupon rate, yet a trip charged by cabby from hotel to KL sentral is RM20). nonetheless, with LRT just opposite the hotel, i can always opt for the cheaper choice.

location is one good plus for the hotel, with abundance of LRT just stone throw away, great food nearby (i love the fish head noodle at Tiong Nam road), quiet during the night for calm sleep, and can have beautiful view Petronas Twin tower even from a low 6th floor i was staying.

Room Tip: choose a room facing twin tower to have great night view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank weiwei2
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2011

really good hotel very enjoyable stay right in middle of kuala lumper easy access to everywhere rooms great shower brilliant

Room Tip: try get a room with views of the twin towers
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dariandoreen
Thank you very much for your valuable comment and am very glad that you had a great shower. Indeed, our showers are very well liked by our guests with good water pressure.

We hope to be able to serve you better during your next visit and please do let me know when you are coming again as I will esure that you are placed on a higher floor to enjoy the view of the Twin Towers and the KL Tower.

Once again, thank you and see you soon