“Novotel KLCC”

Ranked #76 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
A TripAdvisor Member
“Novotel KLCC”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Novotel KLCC is situated in a very strategic location closed to the city centre, tourist attractions, variety of shopping malls and eateries. Rooms are fine and good quality sleep. The staff are quite helpful and service is good. The quality of television is not very good and good channels are not available. Nice buffet breakfast and good restaurant & bar. Pretty strict about checkout time but value for the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at the Novotel because I love the Accor chain of hotels. Having stayed at the Sofitel before, I figure I would give the Novotel a shot.

The Hotel Novotel KLCC was clean, well located and very good for the price. It is located a block from The Pavillion, a major shopping center with a multitude of dining and shopping options. In addition, it is located only a few blocks from the Piccolo, which is a stop on the KL Hop-On Hop-Off tour bus (also highly recommended).

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The pool was a fabulous way to relax before the afternoon rains. The only thing odd was the arrangement of the room. It wasn't laid out in the most convenient manner but it worked for the time we were there.

Overall, it is a great hotel to travel through.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 19, 2011

This has always been one of my absolute favorite base whilst in KL! The location is second to none and the Novotel simply offers the best value - it's not the cheapest of its' class but you can't find better!

The rooms are slightly dated and you could very well see and sense the wear and tear. Nonetheless, they work fine and most importantly, everything is clean (maybe a bit dusty in some areas). Food is nothing to rave about but service at most times, is pretty efficient. All in all, you've got to try this place out!

• Stayed January 2011
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed three nights in this hotel, everything was fine, the room was well equiped, the breakfast was fine (if a little hectic) and the place was very well located in the heart of the KL shopping district. So nothing to complain about at all, however during my stay I kept on thinking that something was missing, I just could not put my finger on it but there was somthing about the place that was just not right. Thinking back I am now certain the problem was with the staff. I admit that they were very efficiant and polite, and they were very smartly presented, but the problem it seemed was that they were not friendly, warm or welcoming. I got the impression that they were under a lot of pressure, perhaps overloaded or stressed and that they did not have the time to connect with the guests. As an ex hotel owner/manager I think that I picked up some vibes that point to a workplace culture problem in this property, however my stay was pleasant and I would reccomend the hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
SusanFO, Manager at Hotel Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Novotel Kuala Lumpur !

Thank you very much for your feedback advising us your experience during your recent stay with us at Novotel Kuala Lumpur.
We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We have taken the liberty of using your comments in our associates meeting to highlight the viewpoint of a customer on how we do business. As such - perception is reality !
This year, we are striving to satisfy the human truths, rather than providing the physicality of a hotel as a commodity.
Thus , we are very much concerned on your comments 'staff were not friendly, warm or welcoming ' . However , we will take this is a motivation to do strive better to serve all our guests.

Sir, we hope this will not change your perception of Novotel Kuala Lumpur , and we would love to have you back as our distinguished guest.
On your next visit to Kuala Lumpur, perhaps you would be kind enough to contact me directly at rdm@novotelklcitycenter.com, in order that I can make the appropriate arrangements to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Susan Anthony